Xtreme guns!

PDA

another48hrs
December 26, 2002, 07:23 PM
Watch out tactical guns you've got a run for your money xtreme guns is where it's, at boo yah, grandma boo yah! Nothing like taking your x-treme xd for a ride in your xterra going down to go catch the x-games while wondering what happened to the XFL.

Please view the flash movie on this page, its a riot.
http://springfieldarmory.com/prod-xdpstl-sub-compact.shtml

If you enjoyed reading about "Xtreme guns!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Preacherman
December 26, 2002, 07:35 PM
After watching that movie, I'm wondering if I shouldn't move this thread to the "High Energy Disco" forum... :D

rock jock
December 26, 2002, 07:38 PM
Great, now the gun makers are marketing towards the Generation X attention-deficit crowd.

4v50 Gary
December 26, 2002, 07:46 PM
Interesting comment rock jock. Gen. X has a short attention span. The old dog in me is thinking, get them to buy one, get them interested in a newer toy, have them sell us their guns cheap. Old age and treachery always prevails over youth and energy. :D

Schuey2002
December 26, 2002, 07:50 PM
Father,
"High Energy Disco" forum..
Can you point me in the direction of this " H.E.D." forum ?:D :D

Orion
December 26, 2002, 09:19 PM
***????:confused:

I guess I'm just too damn old for this kinda crap.

I don't see this gun in my future. :rolleyes:

2nd Amendment
December 26, 2002, 09:59 PM
Yeah buddy, that's just the kinda ad gonna make me buy sumpin'.

*sigh*

Chugach
December 26, 2002, 10:03 PM
He he he.

As long as they end with a full-frame spec sheet that stays still, I got no problem with it! :p

Hawk
December 26, 2002, 10:13 PM
If disco is making a comeback, SA isn't the only one with the leisure suit...

http://www.hecklerkoch-usa.com/

You evidently get a cookie when the flash intro runs - using the same URL again gets you a more sedate page - nice touch.

George Hill
December 26, 2002, 10:25 PM
*Moving thread to HANDGUNS*

That intro movie?
Hold on a sec... I have to pop a few Exhedrine Migrane tablets...
Wait... Gotta wrap my skull in duct-tape to keep my head from exploding...

There we go... hold on... yeah... I'm okay now.

WARNING: THE XD INTRO MOVIE CLIP CAN CAUSE HEADACHES, VOMITING, AND GRAND MAL SEIZURES!

Judas Priest... Some one find out who made that wreck... and go slap his Momma!

762x51
December 26, 2002, 11:19 PM
Wow...that just about gave me a seisure.

SIGarmed
December 26, 2002, 11:23 PM
Well now when Springfield decides to release one in .45ACP I'll buy it. :)

C.R.Sam
December 26, 2002, 11:52 PM
That was a cold move George:D

Sam

Nosferatu
December 26, 2002, 11:57 PM
There's always room for another gun. As long as the manufacturers are making them, and as long as we are buying them, the world will be a happy place!

C.R.Sam
December 27, 2002, 12:09 AM
As long as we CAN buy them

Sam

eviltravis
December 27, 2002, 12:27 AM
I just watched the add. I... I feel so strange...

Must........ buy................ XD.
Must buy XD.

MUST BUY XD!
:confused:

George Hill
December 27, 2002, 12:29 AM
Is it just me, or is a tactical light on a subcompact fricken retarded?

That is like putting low profile tires and alloy rims on a Geo Metro.

*sigh*
Some people just get silly over that kinda thing. Other than that light (so lame...) this little XD is one VERY COOL pistol. I LOVE this gun. I love the 5 inch version. I love this subcompact even more.
Why isn't this in .40 and .357 like the others?

AR-10
December 27, 2002, 12:32 AM
Icky.

C.R.Sam
December 27, 2002, 12:37 AM
Better on a Geo Metro ...
Than on a Nash Metro.

Sam

45R
December 27, 2002, 12:42 AM
When I think of Xtreme gun I think of something a little more rugged then a Mini XD9.

Maybe an XD454Casual....that would be Xtreme

another48hrs
December 27, 2002, 12:55 AM
I think its just ridiculous throwing around the word xtreme! I just saw a commercial for Xtreme Cops hahaha! Now I'm off to go play my Xbox lol.

Nosferatu
December 27, 2002, 01:34 AM
Their marketing seems to be directed at a younger crowd. They wan tthe people who are turning 21 and are fairly new to firearms. They already have a bunch of old farts buying their 1911's. They want to start em young then keep selling them products throughout their lives. Brand loyalty with firearms seems as strong as brand loyalty with cars in the US.

Sylvilagus Aquaticus
December 27, 2002, 02:36 AM
EEEEF!

I made the mistake of watching BOTH of them back to back. If I start having seizures from the repetitive flashing patterns, do I sue the gun manufacturers, the computer compay, or my ISP?

disco sucks.

Regards,
Rabbit.

If you put a loose cannon on a deck, you cannot then say you are not responsible when it starts rolling because you didn't predict the particular wave which caused it to roll. - Henry Kissenger, Der Spiegel, July, 1978.

PCRCCW
December 27, 2002, 09:51 AM
"Welcome to the 7-11 school of Clerking/Beauty/Marketing. Repeat after me " Welcome to ________, can we help you?"

The little XD does little for me ....then again Glocks never did anything for me either.....oh well.

Watch the ADHD comments.....some of our kids are like that and some of them got it from US! ;)

Shoot well

JMax
December 27, 2002, 10:42 AM
Don’t care for the marketing. Cool gun. Probably wouldn’t buy the light.

JMax

Andrew Wyatt
December 27, 2002, 01:47 PM
I don't think the option of a light on a subcompact pistol is A sign of the devil or something.

A light is a good thing to have while carrying any pistol, and one that attaches to the pistol is even better. that said, I'd not carry the pistol with the light attached.

deputy tom
December 27, 2002, 03:59 PM
I guess SA and HK used the same ad agency??tom.:eek:

Phyphor
December 27, 2002, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by George Hill
Is it just me, or is a tactical light on a subcompact fricken retarded?

That is like putting low profile tires and alloy rims on a Geo Metro.

*sigh*
Some people just get silly over that kinda thing. Other than that light (so lame...) this little XD is one VERY COOL pistol. I LOVE this gun. I love the 5 inch version. I love this subcompact even more.
Why isn't this in .40 and .357 like the others?

Yea, it does seem rather insane... then again, it IS X-TREME! (puke)

Gewehr98
December 27, 2002, 08:23 PM
Wish I knew where to send feedback on that ad. I rather like George Hill's comment of having the ad creator's momma slapped. Should be phrased to that effect when I get the right feedback address. :D

George Hill
December 29, 2002, 01:10 AM
For some reason I just wanted to look at this again...

Dayum. That is truly horrible.

Cool gun though... without the light.

Triad
December 29, 2002, 10:21 AM
I really like the five inch version, but if they make an intro like that for it, I'll have to pass. Thanks for the warning George. I should have listened to you.

Ikari
January 23, 2003, 03:47 AM
I thought the "X-Treme Duty" name was really cheesy too, but the gun itself (the full-size, I haven't had any experience with the little one) is anything but cheesy. I love mine.

George Hill
January 24, 2003, 01:58 AM
"Thanks for the warning George. I should have listened to you."

I hear that ALL the time...

Why don't you people listen? I'm not trying to keep you from having fun... I'm trying to help you! It's for your own good.
:banghead:

SodaPop
January 26, 2003, 03:21 AM
Next time someone tell me to smoke a bowl before I watch somthing like that.

geekWithA.45
January 28, 2003, 08:22 PM
The XD is an ugly gun.

DeltaElite
January 28, 2003, 08:26 PM
Cool gun, silly add, but a cool gun.
I love the tac light. :D

Kobun
January 28, 2003, 08:35 PM
I thought I was gen X. Isn't it gen Y that are 14-20 now. :confused:

Ikari
January 28, 2003, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by geekWithA.45:
----------------------------------------------
The XD is an ugly gun.
----------------------------------------------

The COMPACT XD is an ugly gun. I like my fullsize XD.

Kahr carrier
January 29, 2003, 07:41 AM
:what: :neener:

.45FMJoe
January 30, 2003, 12:18 AM
They want to start em young then keep selling them products throughout their lives. Brand loyalty with firearms seems as strong as brand loyalty with cars in the US.

You are damn right!!! That's how I became a Colt fanatic. First gun I shot was great-grandfather's Official Police .38spl. It's in the safe with my Colts. I do, however really dig the XD. Imma hafta jump outta the 1911 pool and try one out. I'm VERY picky in my guns.,..they have to be aesthetically appealing as well as functional and reliable. The XD seems to be all.

Justin
January 30, 2003, 03:28 AM
Ok, as a self-avowed member of the Gen-X, ADHD, MTV, Nintendo soundbite generation, I have to say that I'm glad that someone was finally able to make a really, really slick Flash web ad. That was cool.

I hate to say it, but most websites for gun makers exhibit design that is sooooo twen cen. ;)

I will say, though, that I still think the XD is an ugly gun, and I'm tired of everyone slapping 'Xtreme' on everything they make. However, if I weren't so picky about my guns, and I just watched that ad, and then surfed on to some of the more sedate gun websites, which model do you think I would remember upon walking into my local armaments dealer?

Gusgus
January 31, 2003, 08:16 AM
Dang Folks,
I'm 43, and I liked both intros. I was a hard rocker teenager in the 70's, and despised disco. I can assure you, the one thing these flash intros are not, is disco.

Maybe we can convince them to make three intros. The current one, another one with Willie Nelson, and one featuring Big Bands. Sure don't want to offend anyone. :rolleyes: Oops, that won't do it either. We'll also need a Rap version, Metal version, Pop version, Classical version, Opera version....... Come on folks, it's just a freak'n intro!

...and yes, I'm an XD-aholic. I want the XD357, the 9mm Mini, and can't wait for the .45.

soonershooter
January 31, 2003, 06:38 PM
I'm still a little dazed from the HK intro...DeltaElite do you really like the tac light or was that tongue firmly in cheek. When I first saw it I was a little mystified as to why someone would find a tac light attached to a sub compact useful. I'm all for new gadgets, but I think that one fits in the neat but useless catagory.

DonGlock26
February 1, 2003, 09:41 PM
Makes my G-26 look handsome. They can keep the mexican jumping bean video.

VaughnT
February 1, 2003, 11:04 PM
First, I didn't wait for the flash to download. All the warnings were enough for me.

Second, I've been looking for a plastic gun for some time and was thinking about a polymer 1911, but this XD might be just the ticket. I was particularly impressed with Ayoob's bedside Beretta 92 with the extended, ported barrel and surefire underlight, and thought to do something similar for a home-defense weapon.

Third, I'm absolutely positive that I saw an ad or two for a .45acp XD. I can't remember where I saw them, but I'm sure they were put out!

Is anyone marketing longer barrels for the Croation sensation, yet? What does it take to adapt a .40 mag to hold lots of 9x19 ammo? New followers? Different springs? Are these babies +P capable?

Skunkabilly
February 19, 2004, 04:34 PM
http://img10.coolsavings.com/a/A14788/2003.04.02_offer.jpg

CLP.

Not sure if you want a "dynamic foaming action" in your XD though.

Frenchy
February 20, 2004, 12:53 AM
What can I say!...I'm a 60's guy and I liked it!! :)

Night Guy
February 20, 2004, 01:08 AM
At the ripe old age of 23 I suppose I'm part of the target market for this ad. I don't get it though. Nothing is on the screen long enough for me to read, let alone even look at all the pretty pictures. I'd rather see more practical images. Like having the subcompact pictured side by side with the standard size XD and a 1911 for comparisons sake. Give me real data, not flashy crap.:banghead:

JoeWang
February 20, 2004, 09:27 AM
http://maddox.xmission.com/c.cgi?u=xtreme_bull????

replace the four ???? with the appropriate word.

Warning some language.

If you enjoyed reading about "Xtreme guns!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!