Which cheap color printer to buy...

PDA

bogie
January 23, 2003, 11:43 AM
After it gets a little warmer, I've decided that I'm gonna "pamphlet" a couple of local universities and their districts - lots of folks put up "stuff for sale" signs, political stuff, etc...

The printer is going to be used only for printing out a bunch of Oleg's stuff. Would like to be able to run multiple color copies, fair quality, and do it inexpensively. Don't wanna drop $100/100 copies on ink and paper, etc...

Any suggestions?

If you enjoyed reading about "Which cheap color printer to buy..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Sprout
January 23, 2003, 12:10 PM
I've heard good things about the cheap Canons. Remember, cheap colr printers work well, cheap paper does not.

mons meg
January 23, 2003, 12:15 PM
I have a Lexmark Z52, but you really can't go wrong with any of the $100 range printers from Canon, HP, or Lexmark. Almost all of them will do "photo quality" printing. I second the notion about the paper.

Jim V
January 23, 2003, 12:15 PM
I don't have one, I use a HP Desk Jet 932C, but I have heard good things about Lesmark printers. I would suggest getting one that has two print heads, one for black ink and one for color. Easier in the long run to use and if what you are printing has both color and black print, the color cartridge lasts longer. No matter what printer you get, expect the ink cartridges to be a major expense.

Betty
January 23, 2003, 12:18 PM
Pick something that takes two cartridges, like Jim V suggested. Two BIG cartridges - you go through alot of ink printing out full color posters.

off-topic, closing.....

If you enjoyed reading about "Which cheap color printer to buy..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!