Springfield mil spec trigger

PDA

briney11
October 22, 2010, 07:25 PM
So I went to my local Sportsmans Warehouse today to look at (ok, drool over) 1911's because I am hoping that in the near future to add another one to the family. So there was a stainless Springer mil spec. Only one they had, I will not be getting stainless, just dont like it. But the thing that stood out was the amout of creep the trigger had and it felt spongy. Is this the norm or did I just pick up a bad one?

If you enjoyed reading about "Springfield mil spec trigger" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
skipsan
October 22, 2010, 08:05 PM
Most often reported with Mil-Specs/G.I.s is the heavy trigger pull, not so much the creep although mine was far from ideal. Out-of-box trigger pull can run 8+ plus which Springfield will tune down to their spec value of 5-6lb, and in doing so also tune out a lot of the creep. For $80, SA will do a trigger job and properly smooth it out and reduce pull to 4-5lbs. If you eventually get a Mil-Spec and the pull is out-of-spec and Springfield is going to fix it for you (and pay the heavy postage getting it to them and back), then the extra trigger job would be worth considering.

9mmepiphany
October 22, 2010, 09:27 PM
You have to remember that the Mil-Spec is an entry level 1911 and won't have the handfitting of the mid-priced models

If you enjoyed reading about "Springfield mil spec trigger" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!