beretta cheetah 380

PDA

gutterman
October 22, 2010, 08:30 PM
Looking for a Beretta Cheetah 380 in stainless with the walnut grips. Can be used or new, but at the gun shows I've been to they are listed at $700 and up. What's with the huge price tag? Anybody out there know why-is it supply and demand? It seems they've always been high.

If you enjoyed reading about "beretta cheetah 380" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
The Lone Haranguer
October 22, 2010, 08:47 PM
Part of the cost is from their still being made of machined and polished metal and finished wood, not plastic and stampings. Compared to most of the other plastic wonders, their design is more complex. And if your particular gun is indeed all stainless steel, that adds further to the cost.

While the Cheetahs don't really fill any "tactical niche" as there are any number of compact 9mm-Luger-chambered pistols of equal size available, they are beautifully made, accurate and fun to shoot, and definitely have a place in one's collection. :) I had a Model 86 (the eight-shot magazine, tipup barrel version) for a time.

Fastcast
October 22, 2010, 11:14 PM
Are you sure you're not talking about the nickel plated model 84?.....I have heard rumors of a SS 84 but never any concrete evidence of any being made.

When you compare these Italian made beauties to some of those plastic water pistols, it's pretty obvious why they bring a premium. :)

dogtown tom
October 22, 2010, 11:51 PM
Fastcast Are you sure you're not talking about the nickel plated model 84?.....
The 84 is also called the Cheetah.

usp9
October 23, 2010, 12:57 AM
The Model 84, unlike it's bigger brother the 90 series, does not come in stainless. It is available in a nickle finish. There is a pretty strong used market for these guns, at a much lower price, if the prices for new guns are out of your budget range.

hemiram
October 23, 2010, 01:43 AM
You can find all the 84's you could ever want, and it's near twin, the Browning BDA 380, on Gunbroker. I bought a very nice 84 for less than $300 delivered, a few months ago. Has a couple of nicks and a little edge wear, but it's in perfect shape mechanically.

Like this one, from the same seller. Mine is a little nicer than this one:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=196349682

Pilot
October 23, 2010, 08:13 AM
I've got the M85 FS "Cheetah" which is the silmmer, single stack version. I carry it often as its accurate and reliable, while being easy to carry.

Fastcast
October 23, 2010, 08:55 AM
The 84 is also called the Cheetah.

Sure, I assumed that was understandable. Just didn't feel like typing cheetah. lol

Fastcast
October 23, 2010, 09:00 AM
Like this one, from the same seller. Mine is a little nicer than this one:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=196349682

That's a beauty at a great price. Just enough wear to show some character. Someone ought to snatch that up!

benderx4
October 23, 2010, 11:56 AM
These nickel Cheetahs are true works of art with smooth-as-butta actions. Worth every penny.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4056/4478687317_041cf7dde8.jpg

GuitarsAndGuns
October 23, 2010, 02:28 PM
My dad just sold his, it was a great shooter. The only problem was the size, way too large for a .380 carry gun for my taste. And for the comparative price of .380 ammo to other choices, there wasn't much point in keeping it for a range toy. But like I said, it was a great shooter. By far the best shooting .380 I ever shot.

kokapelli
October 24, 2010, 10:19 AM
My dad just sold his, it was a great shooter. The only problem was the size, way too large for a .380 carry gun for my taste. And for the comparative price of .380 ammo to other choices, there wasn't much point in keeping it for a range toy. But like I said, it was a great shooter. By far the best shooting .380 I ever shot.
380 ammo is coming down in price. I just ordered 1000 rounds of Federal's American Eagle from Ammo Man for $289 delivered to my front door. That's 29 cents a round.

paradox998
October 24, 2010, 09:30 PM
I picked up a "like new" cheetah last summer for $450. Blued with nice wood grips. I have always thought cheetahs are a beautiful hangun. Sold a 92FS (new) to get the 84.

labhound
October 25, 2010, 12:51 AM
The Cheetah is a gorgeous pistol. My wife has an black 85FS and is dead accurate with it. Its expensive but worth every penny!

huntsman
October 25, 2010, 10:16 AM
But like I said, it was a great shooter. By far the best shooting .380 I ever shot.

Funny I believe that in itself is reason enough to keep a gun, at 1-3/4 lbs (loaded) mine is just right for belt carry.

I just ignore all the static about the .380acp not being enough for SD

If you enjoyed reading about "beretta cheetah 380" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!