Glock magazines

PDA

TheProf
October 26, 2010, 12:02 AM
Can someone remind me the significance of the number designations on Glock magazines?

Some of my .40 cal magazines are marked "Glock 1" and others "Glock 2". All are factory mags.

Thanks.

If you enjoyed reading about "Glock magazines" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
REAPER4206969
October 26, 2010, 12:38 AM
This is a subject of much mystery, however there have been very credible reports from Glock headquarters in Austria that these numbers represent alterations to various angles of the mag body and feed lips to facilitate faster, more efficient feeding of cartridges to alleviate the rare issue of failing to feed when using tac lights. Number "2" is the newest.

Official statement:
The "1" and "2" on the 40-cal mag bodies indicate certain changes to the geometry of the mag body's taper and feed lips.

Here is a pic for those wondering what we're talking about:

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/6350/img0183ji.jpg

DonRon
October 26, 2010, 01:07 AM
^^^^^ Yeah what he said +1

TheProf
October 26, 2010, 11:28 PM
Thanks. I suppose that in my G27, it wouldn't really matter...since there is no tactical rail to hook up a light. Correct?

REAPER4206969
October 26, 2010, 11:33 PM
I knew you were going to ask that! LOL. Faster, more efficient feeding of cartridges from the magazine benefits all repeating firearms. I recommend keeping one of the "2" marked mags in the weapon.

GLOOB
October 27, 2010, 02:13 AM
Thanks. I suppose that in my G27, it wouldn't really matter...since there is no tactical rail to hook up a light. Correct?
Very incorrect. Tac lights prevent frame flex, making the gun cycle faster than normal. The G27's lighter slide makes it cycle faster than its railed brothers. I bought some NIB, old stock Glock 22 mags for my G27, and I didn't notice a problem until a friend shot it. It jammed every few shots. With a regular mag, no problems. When I saw this I tried holding the gun lightly, and sure enough I could make it jam quite easily, too.

In my case, the older mags had the 10 coil springs in them. Now Glock puts an 11 coil spring in these mags, which I purchased to alleviate the problem. So by trying to save 5 bucks a mag, I ended up spending 5 dollars more!

If you enjoyed reading about "Glock magazines" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!