New Carry Blade... Cold Steel Recon 1

PDA

EGGMAN240
October 27, 2010, 09:06 PM
I won a spot award at work, so I went and picked up a new folder...

I got a CS recon 1 with the tanto combo blade. It felt real nice in my hand no matter how I gripped it and felt nice and substantial. I have big hands, and like a larger knife (it helps that my state doesn't not have a blade length limit).

Here it is next to my Applegate Combat. Of note, the Applegate is 10.5", and the CS was a lot larger in person than I thought.

I am just getting into knives. Anybody have one of these? Impressions?

http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv92/eggersj/IMG_0915.jpg

If you enjoyed reading about "New Carry Blade... Cold Steel Recon 1" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
themachine
October 30, 2010, 08:08 AM
I've got both the Voyager tanto and Recon 1. Both have been very durable and have kept a good edge with moderate use.

I like em

MICHAEL T
November 1, 2010, 02:31 AM
I have the XL voyager it replaced my older 5" voyager that I carried for years while cross country trucking . It took a lot of abuse in those years . The plastic pocket clip broke on day So I replaces with the XL one It conceals easy ( legal with my permit) and opens quick .
I own several CS products and like Lynn feel you need a 5" blade for SD . Didn't learn that from him. Been doing 5" or larger for about 50 yrs..

raider3bravo
November 1, 2010, 02:50 AM
I carry a Rajah 2. I love it and wouldn't carry anything smaller

Daniel Reynolds
Afghanistan 07-08'
Delta Company, 158th IN.
13 Bravo

Arizona Broker
Broker Executives, Inc.
evmls.com

If you enjoyed reading about "New Carry Blade... Cold Steel Recon 1" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!