Ol' Reliable

PDA

December 18, 2003, 01:16 PM
I just posted this over at Sixgunner, but want input from here as well. Thanks in advance.

Hello all-
I'm working on a handloading project and need some help from the experts I know reside here. I'm looking for the classic loads for popular rounds. I refer to 9mm,.38spl,.357mag,.41mag,.44spl,.44mag,.45acp, and of course .45colt. I'm asking for tried and true standard loads that are the "old Standby". No Ruger only stuff or light loads for the recoil challenged, just good 'ol shootin'n ammo. I obviously have my own opinions but I'm interested in what others have to say to gauge th elevel of standardization. I understand many folks are sometimes wary of putting load data on a public forum and can understand why so feel free to email me info if you like. I truly appreciate any responses.

If you enjoyed reading about "Ol' Reliable" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Mike Irwin
December 18, 2003, 03:00 PM
USE THIS INFORMATION AT YOUR OWN RISK, AFTER VERIFYING THE CHARGE WEIGHTS IN AT LEAST ONE LOADING MANUAL.

My "classic" load for my .38 Spl. is a 158-gr. LSW bullet and 4.2 grains of Winchester 231.

Accurate, and doesn't kick to hard.

I use the same bullet with 5.7 grains of 231 in .357 Mag. loads.

facedown
December 21, 2003, 07:53 PM
My "factory" loads:

9mm: 4.5 gr Bullseye behind a 124 gr Berry CPRN, AOL 1.12, no crimp

.38: 3.5 gr W231 behind a 158 gr Berry CPFP, AOL 1.43, moderate crimp

.45 acp: 6.5 gr Unique behind a 230 gr Berry CPRN, AOL 1.26, no crimp

FWIW

If you enjoyed reading about "Ol' Reliable" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!