You might be a gun geek if......

PDA

45R
December 18, 2003, 09:01 PM
OKay lets play a game.

Its called you might be a gun geek.

I'll start the cheesy tread then someone else continues with another one liner. Lets see how far we can get this.

If your practice your dry firing exercises on the TV every time you see a Zero

If you enjoyed reading about "You might be a gun geek if......" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
winstonsmith
December 18, 2003, 09:05 PM
Whenever you talk about a garand rifle you are obligated to mimic the PING sound.

El Tejon
December 18, 2003, 09:07 PM
Easy one for me:

. . . you plan your vacations around training courses and gun schools!!!:D

armoredman
December 18, 2003, 09:10 PM
You see SPAM that says BMG music, and you wonder what Browning machine guns have to do with music.

You see a phone number, and see how many gun model numbers are in it.

Anyone anywhere near you says "gun", and you have to get into the conversation.

People say things like, "Ask him, he's the gun nut."

You state you are a "Firearms Enthusiast", not a "gun nut".

aerod1
December 18, 2003, 09:11 PM
You are carrying your concealed handgun while walking your daughter down the isle at the church on her wedding day and also at the reception.
I am and I did.

Jim Hall

winstonsmith
December 18, 2003, 09:12 PM
You can tell what kind of gun it is from the butt sticking out of a cop's holster.

You know where and generally what type(s) the LEO's holdout gun(s) are.

10-Ring
December 18, 2003, 09:15 PM
If you spend more time talking guns on the web rather than shooting them at the range! :D :D

You know firearms by their model numbers from their catalogs!

Dave Markowitz
December 18, 2003, 09:16 PM
You wait for the digital clock to display "3:57".

eatatjoes
December 18, 2003, 09:17 PM
instead of setting your alarm for 6 o'clock in the morning you set it for 5:56.

Frohickey
December 18, 2003, 09:19 PM

... and practice double taps when you see an Eight

Erik Jensen
December 18, 2003, 09:21 PM
as soon as you walk into a gun store, the owner pulls out the yellow form.

when someone asks the salesman a question about a firearm, he refers them to you

(both happened to me at Dunham's, when I helped my buddy select a Mosin M38)

friends of friends, and friends of friends of friends call you over to identify old rifles. and you can. (yup.. that's a Columbian contract Madsen. blah blah last bolt action, blah blah blah)

Maddock
December 18, 2003, 09:22 PM
You see an object and describe the distance by what gun you could hit it with. “That’s beyond Garand range” or “that’s within range of the 442”.

Brian Williams
December 18, 2003, 09:29 PM
You have a list of what you want by caliber, action type, etc
in Excel

hansolo
December 18, 2003, 09:42 PM
If you know all the dialogue to the "Dirty Harry" and "Death Wish" movies.

Majic
December 18, 2003, 09:47 PM
If your local dealer has your phone number on speed dial. :D

Thumper
December 18, 2003, 09:56 PM
You are carrying your concealed handgun while walking your daughter down the isle at the church on her wedding day and also at the reception.

Pshaw...how about: "You're best man at a wedding where the entire male contingent makes a point of concealing two pistols apiece."

(The bride had a 442 in a garter rig.)

:D

HogRider
December 18, 2003, 10:00 PM
If you ever bought a gun, because you already had a nice holster you wanted to use...

19112XS
December 18, 2003, 10:03 PM
"You have a list of what you want by caliber, action type, etc
in Excel."

...and you also have a list of what you own by caliber, manufacturer, date of manufacture, action type, etc in Excel.

P95Carry
December 18, 2003, 10:12 PM
Feeling constantly irked by living at #257 ... when just one digit changed would mean living at #357!!:p

Looking at everyday kitchen items and considering how they might be of use on the reload bench.

Automatically counting EVERY shot fired in movies ... to assess whether capacities genuine or not.

When everyone else has quit the range - you stay on to ensure you have ALL the useful brass left behind .... in YOUR possession!!:evil:

When, in polite conversation with a stranger ... you dangle ''carrots'' to see if he'll bite .. and talk guns and shooting.

Trying to spot the ''anti's'' so as to be able to try some ''conversion'' discourse.

Standing Wolf
December 18, 2003, 10:42 PM
Gunsmiths call you for advice.

Majic
December 18, 2003, 10:56 PM
Feeling constantly irked by living at #257

Now if you lived on Roberts St. that would be nice. :cool:

SASS#23149
December 18, 2003, 11:00 PM
when you reach in your pocket for......anything.......and at least one live round comes up with the spare change,etc.

twoblink
December 18, 2003, 11:02 PM
And the Preacher is packing during that wedding :p

You have a list of what you want by caliber, action type, etc
I have mine broken down by caliber, action, price, and logistics. :neener:

You know firearms by their model numbers from their catalogs!
When you know the CATALOG PAGE NUMBER... :uhoh:

If the first word you think of when you hear the word "Skunk" is "Tactical" :evil:

When your significant other says they are going to get you something "special" and you immediately think you are getting a revolver in 38 Special...

P95Carry
December 18, 2003, 11:03 PM
at least one live round comes up with the spare change Bwhaha! Oh so true! Tho often for me its a rimfire and like as not, one of those FTF's .... it then lives in pocket until when finally trashed, the bullet lube has collected all sorts of pocket lint ... and is probably no longer even seated straight!!:p :D

williegee
December 18, 2003, 11:04 PM
...if when watching an action movie and there are 20 guys shooting at each other you instantly recognize what kind of gun everybody's shooting.

ceetee
December 18, 2003, 11:05 PM
Your Significient Other absolutely refuses to watch any police movie, war movie, (or any other action movie, for that matter) because she's tired of getting the elbow in the ribs: "Hey, didja see that cool HK? That's the new G36..."

Hawk
December 18, 2003, 11:22 PM
You spend hours on the web researching S&W model numbers so you won't have to admit that you can't understand them.

:o

Werewolf
December 18, 2003, 11:22 PM

Oh my GAWD! I've done that...

That said:

You spend your Christmas bonus on a gun the day after you get it and don't feel one bit guilty about it...

You already know exactly what guns you're gonna buy with your income tax refund...

You dream of someday retiring, buying a 100 acre plot of land and building a combination rifle/pistol range in your back yard...

:D I could go on but y'all get the idea!

jaysouth
December 18, 2003, 11:23 PM
You get a belly band sewn into the back of a cummberbund so you can carry a 642 at black tie events.

Tamara
December 18, 2003, 11:27 PM
You see SPAM that says BMG music, and you wonder what Browning machine guns have to do with music.

What if you think Browning machine guns are music? :uhoh:

Ky Larry
December 19, 2003, 02:10 AM
You meet someone on the street you've met at the range and can't remember their name but can remember what gun they shoot.

Majic
December 19, 2003, 02:18 AM
I met a guy at the range years ago. He started working with the same company and in the same department as me. For the life of me I couldn't remember his name but knew that he shot a Browning .270Win rifle. :banghead:

D.W. Drang
December 19, 2003, 02:56 AM
When you met your Significant Other she (oh, all right, "or he") barely knew which end the bullets came out from, but now spots movie/TV faux pas's ("faux pas's"? pases? pasi?) before you do!
When I met Mrs. Drang she had just gotten her first CPL and bought her first gun, a Taurus Model 85, but I knew she was the gal for me when she told me that she had learned to shoot on a 1911! :D

Gunner45
December 19, 2003, 03:26 AM
when you reach in your pocket for......anything.......and at least one live round comes up with the spare change,etc.

LOL I though I was the olny one that this happend to. :)

Gunner45

clubsoda22
December 19, 2003, 03:41 AM
I definately was wearing a pair of pants that i wore at the shooting range and went into my pocket for some thing or another and pulled out a bunch of .22's with them. I was in high school at the time and was glad no one saw.

Skunkabilly
December 19, 2003, 04:35 AM
When you have SureFire and HK's phone numbers memorized :o 800.828.8809 and 703.450.1900 :banghead:

When someone wants to introduce you to a nice girl and the first thing you ask is, 'she's not an Anti is she'? :banghead:

BluesBear
December 19, 2003, 04:45 AM
You have a fist full of differing color highlight markers while reading Shotgun News and/or Gun List.

Dr.Rob
December 19, 2003, 06:12 AM
You can name the year of MFG by the serial # range...

Your friends all know you are THE guy to ask about anything remotely gun-related,

You feel completely comfortable at a cookout where everyone is packing heat.

telewinz
December 19, 2003, 06:28 AM
You ask if your new telephone number can end in 4570

You think Peter Gunn is a nickname for a CCW gun

You reach into your pocket for change and pull out a bunch of .22's

You ignore the "girly" magazines at the store seeking the gun magazines.

You look for the "hidden" calibers in license plate numbers

The gunstore owner hands you a key to open the store in the morning.

You bust into tears when you are re-united with a gun you regretfully traded away years before.

Your wife arranges to have the lining of your coffin depict guns instead of angels.

Your favorite war is the American Revolution because the first letter in each work = AR

You ditched a friend because he bought an AK instead of an AR.

Black Majik
December 19, 2003, 06:37 AM
I look at the clock and see its 2:26 in the morning and I think of a Sig Sauer

TonyB
December 19, 2003, 07:52 AM
While at work,you almost run out of staples and tell your secratary,"I need a tactical reload......":D

Chuck Jennings
December 19, 2003, 09:12 AM
Whenever you pick up your electric hand tools, your index finger is automatically straight and outside of the trigger guard.

Rule #4 : Keep Your Finger Off The Trigger until your drill is aligned!

squibload
December 19, 2003, 09:37 AM
…when you count rounds fired in TV and movies to see if the shooters are reloading at appropriate intervals…and then you’re REALLY excited when they actually show a reload …

...or when you waited through the entire "CHiPs Patrol" intro to see the S&W in Ponch's duty holster...:p

longtom4570
December 19, 2003, 09:53 AM
You try to get your access card at work with your favorite caliber, such as 4570,3006 or you try for your favorite gun 1911:D

Langenator
December 19, 2003, 10:32 AM
Your Significient Other absolutely refuses to watch any police movie, war movie, (or any other action movie, for that matter) because she's tired of getting the elbow in the ribs: "Hey, didja see that cool HK? That's the new G36..."

Your wife asks you to watch the Leonardo DeCrapio version of Romeo and Juliet to ID the guns.

You took your wife/significant other to the range...on the first date.

Zach S
December 19, 2003, 10:55 AM
You casually ask every girl (or guy) that youre thinking about asking out "so how do tyou feel a bout guns" before making a move.
When someone wants to introduce you to a nice girl and the first thing you ask is, 'she's not an Anti is she'?
Um, guilty...
You took your wife/significant other to the range...on the first date. Better to wait for the second date for that one. In my experiance anyway...

armoredman
December 19, 2003, 11:07 AM
LOL! Carrying while walking down the aisle?! I wore a KelTec P11 while GETTING married! The best man carried a SW auto, (can you believe I can't remember the model number?), and one of the groomsmen had a Glock 22.

hillbilly
December 19, 2003, 12:30 PM
You can usually find any lost foam earplugs or missing .22 LR rounds in the washing machine.

The sheer volume of empty brass visible in the floorboard of your truck would be "probable cause" for a search if you are ever stopped by police.

You see every piece of trash, empty plastic bottle, worn out electrical appliance, too old fruit or vegetable, or piece of old furniture in your house in one of two ways.......Fun targets or boring targets.

hillbilly

BrokenPaw
December 19, 2003, 12:38 PM
Whenever you pick up your electric hand tools, your index finger is automatically straight and outside of the trigger guard. ::guilty:: Actually, this is really sort of disconcerting when the tool in question isn't even vaguely gun-shaped. I caught myself indexing my finger along the handle of a crosscut hand saw the other day. :rolleyes: And I always keep my finger off the trigger of my circular saw. That one's quite prudent, though, I think.

My contributions:

When you tell the wedding photographer, before the wedding, to make sure to get a photo of the entire wedding party with their assorted hardware. And she says, "Cool!".

When you tell the wedding officiant, before the wedding, to be prepared when the entire wedding party pulls out all of their assorted hardware, for the photo shoot. And she says, "Cool!".[0]

When you can't do the "garter" wedding ritual becuse the bride is packing, and that's where she's packing.

When you seriously consider buying the neighbour's property, and razing their house, because if you did, you could set up a really nice range using their back-yard hill as a backstop.

When your lady-wife knows you well enough to procure an EOTech 512 holosight for you for Christmas. :D

-BP

[0] "Ready on the right! Ready on the left! Kiss the bride!"

Daedalus
December 19, 2003, 12:43 PM
You woke up this morning, made your bed, and found a spent 22 LR in the sheets. I know I did.

45R
December 19, 2003, 12:45 PM
You undertstand abreviations like SHTF and BOB.

The humor of little men in Blue Hats, "Black Helicopters" and Tin Foil.

Phone converstations with friends always start with hey did you get another gun. What did you get?

MrFreeze
December 19, 2003, 01:38 PM
...you can talk your boss into letting you put a few rounds through a new gun during lunch break on company property :D

Travis

ceestand
December 19, 2003, 01:53 PM
You carry a signed copy of your FFL's license in your wallet "just in case"

You have a duplicate range bag that lives in your car's trunk

Upon seeing a pic of a naked girl holding a pistol, you ID the gun before you check out the girl

fiVe
December 19, 2003, 03:13 PM
When you laugh at all the hollywood goofs with guns in movies. Like a slide being locked back, but the guy is still blasting away.

BowStreetRunner
December 19, 2003, 04:03 PM
you read THR 3 at least 3 times a day

MicroBalrog
December 19, 2003, 04:24 PM
Gunsmiths call you for advice.

This HAS happened to me...

manwithoutahome
December 19, 2003, 04:33 PM
You carry a signed copy of your FFL's license in your wallet "just in case"

::quilty::

When you see that one lone beatup auto and you don't see it as it is now but what it can become.

You have grips handmade and shipped to you from overseas

You get that "first Scratch" on your new(er) gun and you feel like you've hurt a friend

M

JohnBT
December 19, 2003, 04:45 PM
My momma is 79 years old and knows I'm a gun geek. She has it down pat...no pauses or hesitation...

"Whatdoyouwantforyourbirthdaynoguns."

John

dhoomonyou
December 19, 2003, 05:06 PM
you are on a FIRST NAME basis with:

2 tech's at Glock
2 tech's at Smith & Wesson
1 tech at Winchester.

lee n. field
December 19, 2003, 06:53 PM
When you're at church, standing up for hymn singing, and you're at parade rest.

ksnecktieman
December 19, 2003, 06:58 PM
When someone comes to visit and brings kids or drunks you have to go through your house and secure all of your guns:o

When someone is considering buying their first gun one of your friends sends them to you for advice and hands on experience.

You read the classified ads every day, just in case there is a gun for sale at a good price.

You go to your sisters church and have to keep your coat on because of a gun.:eek:

You tell someone of the opposite sex that you are not interested in another date because of their stance on gun control.

Your wife/husband tells you either some guns will have to go or they will. So you tell them that is not necessary, but you will REALLY miss them:uhoh:

kentucky bucky
December 19, 2003, 08:18 PM
You use HOPPE'S as cologne.

You know the serial numbers of 15 of your guns, but can't remember your wedding anniversary.

While pre-arranging your funeral you ask the funeral director for a coffin model with a gun rack.

you've ever "dated" at a shooting range.

If your wife has never successfully thrown away a cotton T-shirt.

You've gladly spent 3 times too much for groceries at a convienient mart drive thru , so you wouldn't have to leave your guns alone in a grocery store parking lot.

You've explained "minute of angle" on a first date.

brookstexas
December 19, 2003, 08:42 PM
I'm having sex with Pam Anderson and all I can think about is the gun show the next day....
;)
BT

kentucky bucky
December 19, 2003, 08:46 PM
You can't remember the last Christmas that didn't include guns or gun accessories.

You've wondered why every one at the Macdonalds was looking at you every time you spoke, only to find out you forgot to remove your ear plugs.

You've pulled out 3 different handgun rounds out of your pocket while looking for change in a check-out line.

You have at least one closet in your house that is useless because of a safe.

You've listed "bullet casting" as one of your "great loves" on a dating service website.

If you have ever "lost" a gun in your house because you did too good a job getting ready for a family vacation.

If you spend a Friday evening writing stupid gun jokes on a gun forum.:D

Quartus
December 19, 2003, 08:54 PM
Automatically counting EVERY shot fired in movies ... to assess whether capacities genuine or not.

:confused: There are people that DON'T???

If your wife has never successfully thrown away a cotton T-shirt.

I read this, laughed out loud, and read it to my wife.

She replied, "I just don't tell you when I do it."

I think I've been outflanked! :what:

... you go clothing shopping and the first criteria is how well it works for CCW!

.... you look at a new car and one of the criteria is whether or not there's a good place to keep "things" out of sight!

GM7RQK
December 19, 2003, 09:04 PM
Under your computer monitor at work is a line of spent 22 rimfire cases that have fallen out of the treads in your boots after a night at the range... and your wallpaper is P95carry's muzzle flash photo :uhoh:

Guilty as charged.

AZTOY
December 19, 2003, 09:10 PM
You might be a gun geek if......

If you get more gun catalogs and gun magazines, than bills in the mail:uhoh:

P95Carry
December 19, 2003, 09:26 PM
and your wallpaper is P95carry's muzzle flash photo GM7 ... I am honored .... glad that others can enjoy that fluke shot.:)

KY buckey ... I too had reason to ROTFLMAO on your excellent selection. T-Shirt? .. . yep ... same here! And ... oh my ... glad someone else does that ..... ''pull out three different handgun rounds with change'' ...... Hahahaha!!:D

citizen
December 19, 2003, 09:33 PM
.....you REFUSE to visit out of state 'cause you gotta "go naked"!:scrutiny:

manwithoutahome
December 19, 2003, 09:35 PM
You have a hour that you can spend at the range and you're torn over which guns you want to take.

You buy ammo, for a gun you don't have, because you just may get one.

Then you see you have ammo for a gun you don't have, so you go and get one :D.

When they have STANDARD* capacity mags on sale, for rifles and pistols you don't own, you get a couple anyway.

If a gun shop was robbed, and the criminals used gloves, you would be worried because you've touched every gun in the place.

You are at a gun show, you see a gun that you don't really need, or want, but get it because the price is too good to pass up.

M

*Standard = Mag capacities that were originally made for the pistol/rifle, what the anti's and now some of us (not me) call "hi-caps".

AZLibertarian
December 19, 2003, 09:56 PM
...you go clothing shopping and the first criteria is how well it works for CCW!
...you look at a new car and one of the criteria is whether or not there's a good place to keep "things" out of sight!
You use HOPPE'S as cologne
you've ever "dated" at a shooting range.

Guilty as Charged, Your Honor! Its good to see that I'm not the only one!!:D
Truthfully, #2 above doesn't exactly apply. No car here. I'm a Truck guy.:neener: HOPPE'S is a great scent, but Mrs. AZLib doesn't care for it all that much, so I have to wash up after cleaning the guns. After 20 years of marriage, I don't think we date, but we do, occassionally entertain ourselves at the range.

How about these...

One of your primary reasons for working out is to make IWB more comfortable.

You automatically tactically scope out parking lots, restaurant seating, etc.

You have a whole box full of holsters that at one time you thought were the thing to have, but now never see the light of day.

armoredman
December 19, 2003, 10:40 PM
You have grips handmade and shipped to you from overseas

http://www.imageseek.com/hakan/ whass wrong wid dat?:confused:

MagKnightX
December 19, 2003, 11:05 PM
You manage to severely cheese off your family by pausing "The Matrix: Reloaded" at the scene in the Merovengian's mansion where Neo stops all the bullets so you can see what every gun being used is.

You can successfully identify all of them without referring to the internet.

You, before you are legally an adult, manage to identify an obscure pistol being used at the range... down to variant... and have the owner tell your parent at the range, "your son scares me..."

You notice various gun terms everywhere, like in license plates or television shows (like in Chobits (an anime) you notice the cow's ear tags say "223."

You somehow always manage to look at the clock just at 4:54. 3:57, 5:56, 2:23, etc.

You get a license plate like 4570-GVT or 454-CSUL.

All except the last have happened to me, and the last will when I get a car...

Edit: By the way, what does TEOTWACKI or whatever stand for?

P95Carry
December 19, 2003, 11:21 PM
TEOTWACKI In fact ....... TEOTWAWKI .........

''The end of the world, as we know it''!!:p

ceestand
December 20, 2003, 01:47 AM
You have at least one closet in your house that is useless because of a safe.
Guilty! This can be taken way further:

You've ever reinforced a closet floor because of the safe/ammo you plan on storing in it.

Your apartment is a mess, but your guns, ammo and accesories are neatly organized.

When you hear the words "the one that got away", you think of Gunbroker.

michiganfan
December 20, 2003, 07:14 AM
Your kids college fund is in constant danger everyday.

71Commander
December 20, 2003, 07:29 AM
"If you have ever "lost" a gun in your house because you did too good a job getting ready for a family vacation."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have been looking for that SOB for a year now and still can't find it.

Matt G
December 20, 2003, 08:27 AM
You easily remember the phone number to Dillon Reloading, and remarked on the handy mnemonic that they gave you to help: 800 223-4570

Your gun disinterested spouse, upon noticing you snort derisively at a movie or show, glances at the screen and says, "Yes, the hammer's down [on the 1911 that the character is holding on another]. Now hush and watch the movie."

A friend shows you a serial number on a firearm, and is disappointed that you don't know offhand from the SN range when it was made. . . and you're embarrassed that you don't.

Tamara
December 20, 2003, 08:49 AM
...your gunsmith makes housecalls.

...folks get referred to you whenever they have an old S&W they want to unload.

...you get a call from a local gun shop asking if you'd let one of their clerks borrow a holster for a G22 and you can answer "Paddle or belt slide?" though you don't even own a G22. :uhoh:

...you've ever made the conscious decision to subsist on frozen burritos & Ramen Pride for a week just to be able to squeak that new discovery into the budget.

BryanP
December 20, 2003, 10:24 AM
Tamara says -

What if you think Browning machine guns are music? :uhoh:

I didn't know you were in to heavy metal. :D

Oh, and how about this -

You read a tip on The High Road about film cannisters and ammo and decide to test it. AND you realize that you can reach for a film cannister with one hand and a loaded .357 with the other hand that you can unload to test capacity without even shifting in your seat. (guilty, about 10 minutes ago ...)

BarnsBeware
December 20, 2003, 10:40 AM
MagKnightX :
- in Chobits (an anime) you notice the cow's ear tags say "223."

More on anime:
When you wish you knew enough about gunsmithing to fashion Vash's top-break .45 revolver or Arucard's .454 Casull?
-or-
If you know what make, model, and caliber Misato, Kirika, and Mireillu carry.

And for the rest:
If, after a movie marathon, you've ever been involved in a 4 hour discussion on the finer points of modifying rifles and pistols for use in squashing undead, monsters, or aliens, as well as in developing new tactics thereto.

Matt G
December 20, 2003, 10:52 AM
You and a buddy have ever rented a movie and sat down and watched it simply to settle a bet on what firearm the protagonist carries in it. Then, with complete humility, paid up when wrong, because you for darn sure would've expected your buddy to do so!

You've ever found yourself on the street with three different calibers of handguns concealed on your person, thought to yourself "This is ridiculous!", and then realized that it wasn't the first time this week. Upon finding yourself in the same situation the next day, you're more embarassed that you don't have a reload on you, than that you have three pistols in three calibers. :rolleyes:

kentucky bucky
December 20, 2003, 11:16 AM
If the NRA-ILA sends you flowers on your birthday.

You have 3 gunsmiths loaded in your speed-dial.

If your wife has ever driven you away from the dinner table because your T-shirt has that "gun smell" on it.

If You've ever seen a car's license plate with 458 on it an spontaneously gone into a big game hunting fantasy.

If you've had a "Walter Mitty" type day dream where you have saved the Free World from impending doom with your Smith & Wesson using your favorite handloads.

BryanP
December 20, 2003, 11:21 AM
If you know what make, model, and caliber Misato, Kirika, and Mireillu carry.

Assuming you're talking about Evangelion and Noir,

Mirielle - Walter P99 9mm.
Kirika - Beretta M1934?
Misato - H&K USP of some sort. The 9mm?

Another anime gun geek bit -

"If while watching the original Patlabor OVA's you laughed out loud at the scene where Ota gets a nosebleed looking at a 20mm Vulcan."*

*- for the Japanese culture impaired, a common myth is that male virgins get a nosebleed when they become sexually aroused / see a really pretty girl.

BluesBear
December 20, 2003, 12:07 PM
You have numerous boxes of shotgun shells that you use to pose your guns for photographs but you don't own a shotgun.

BryanP
December 20, 2003, 12:16 PM
You have numerous boxes of shotgun shells that you use to pose your guns for photographs but you don't own a shotgun.

Even better: If you decide to buy a shotgun just to go with the shells you've bought to prop up other guns.

Tactical
December 20, 2003, 03:13 PM
If you use .50 cal brass as shot glasses.

Would that be concidered a oxymoron? Brass / Glass.

AHHH forget about it.

kentucky bucky
December 20, 2003, 04:01 PM
If you've ever eaten your dinner on a table that was your primary gun cleaning station 15 minutes earlier.

If you've only got one thick belt, and you wear it with everything you own.

If you have thought up your next magnum handgun load during sex.

You went on a reloading binge and you lost more time than most alien abductions.

If you've ever got Winchester white box as a Christmas stocking stuffer.

If you've ever gone to your reloading bench to do some case preparation and your wife has filed a "missing persons report".

LiquidTension
December 20, 2003, 05:39 PM
You've started carrying everything in your weak hand - just in case you have to draw with your strong.

You've started carrying a SureFire everywhere because you read too many of Skunk's posts.

"Carbon fiber" and "Tactical" just seem to go together, even when you know they shouldn't.

Dorin62
December 20, 2003, 06:30 PM
.....if its less than a week untill Christmas and your spouse says " honey when are you going to go shopping, you have'nt enven started yet". And you say "oh yes I have I started when I went to the gun show last month :D ----Oh you mean for everybody else"

t-stox
December 20, 2003, 07:31 PM
If your practice your dry firing exercises on the TV every time you see a Zero OMG!! I thought I was the only one! best is to tune to fox news and wait for any O to travel across that ticker tape on the bottom. Fun all day:evil:

Quartus
December 20, 2003, 08:19 PM
Um, I think he meant the Japanese fighter, not the number zero.

You've started carrying everything in your weak hand - just in case you have to draw with your strong.

What? There are people who don't?

Seriously, how many of you carry but still handle your car keys in your right hand? Bad habit. Car keys go in the left pocket, and are handled with the left hand. (Uh, for those of us who are right handed, of course.)

BluesBear
December 20, 2003, 08:23 PM
Seriously, how many of you carry but still handle your car keys in your right hand? Bad habit. Car keys go in the left pocket, and are handled with the left hand. What happens when you have to shift that bag of groceries you're carrying to your right hand so you can fish those keys out of your left pocket? :scrutiny:

Majic
December 20, 2003, 09:27 PM
Seriously, how many of you carry but still handle your car keys in your right hand? Bad habit. Car keys go in the left pocket, and are handled with the left hand. (Uh, for those of us who are right handed, of course.)

How many right handers can easily insert the key into the door lock with the left hand? :uhoh:

t-stox
December 20, 2003, 09:29 PM
Um, I think he meant the Japanese fighter, not the number zero DOH! I guess i am the only one then.:o

MagKnightX
December 20, 2003, 09:41 PM
Um, I think he meant the Japanese fighter, not the number zero

Probably not, actually. Mitsubishi Zeroes are fairly rare, I think, even on the History Channel, whereas 0's are common and make good targets.

cool45auto
December 20, 2003, 11:25 PM
I was gonna highlight a few of these responses and put a big "Guilty" under them but realized there are just way too many!:neener:

TXBera
December 21, 2003, 07:02 AM
Guilty on the Matrix pause.

And they are in left to right order:

Uzi, Thompson, AR15 9mm Carbine, MP5, G36, MP5

Edit: if they are using the G36, why all pistol bullets, no rifle bullets?:scrutiny:

JeepDriver
December 21, 2003, 10:43 AM
I was gonna highlight a few of these responses and put a big "Guilty" under them but realized there are just way too many!

Same here, but it's nice to be in like minded company!

Zach S
December 21, 2003, 11:10 AM
You have numerous boxes of shotgun shells that you use to pose your guns for photographs but you don't own a shotgun. I've got a few boxes laying around...
Even better: If you decide to buy a shotgun just to go with the shells you've bought to prop up other guns. Put it on layaway yesturday.
How many right handers can easily insert the key into the door lock with the left hand? I can:D

Abominable No-Man
December 21, 2003, 12:16 PM
How about this one? "You might be a gun geek if you have PIN numbers like 3006, 5906, and 9X19...."

You might als be a gun geek if you've looked at a space gun in a science fiction movie and been able to identify what it really was. ( I did it during Aliens and Totall Recall.)

ANM

Tamara
December 21, 2003, 12:19 PM
"You might be a gun geek if you have PIN numbers like 3006, 5906, and 9X19...."

Heh.

Several years ago, being lousy with numbers, I had to come up with a PIN for a new ATM card. "Hmmm..." I pondered, "What's something I'll always have with me at the ATM to help me remember the PIN?"

So, "2340" it was, since I packed a Glock at the time. :D

You might be a gun geek if, when going to use an ATM, you say "Cover me" to your friend waiting in the car...

hnm201
December 21, 2003, 12:29 PM
if you've ever

- Bought a gun because of the gun's serial number (for something other than #1 or < 100. e.g. I once bought a Kahr because its serial number was XX1492 - the year Columbus set sail)

- If you ever used verbal mnemonics to memorize the serial numbers on your firearms.

twoblink
December 21, 2003, 12:54 PM
Hmm..

When you can recall 6 of your different first days were range trips..:D

When your gun store sends you a xmas card.

Skunkabilly
December 21, 2003, 01:16 PM
So, "2340" it was, since I packed a Glock at the time.

Tam, isn't that a Sig Pro? :confused:

An adorable little girl was reading back my e-mail address and I got all weak in the knees when she said 'two-two-three' :o

winstonsmith
December 21, 2003, 01:37 PM
Upon seeing a pic of a naked girl holding a pistol, you ID the gun before you check out the girl

Guilty, and by all right's I shouldn't be. I'm 15 years old. :uhoh:

no pauses or hesitation...

"Whatdoyouwantforyourbirthdaynoguns."

Yeah, pretty much the same here. Except it's no guns and no knives. :(

in left to right order:

Uzi, Thompson, AR15 9mm Carbine, MP5, G36, MP5

if they are using the G36, why all pistol bullets, no rifle bullets?

And why are all the bullets the same size? There's a .45 in there... And I could have sworn one of those mp5s had a straigh mag, meaning it could have been an UMP or in .40 or 10mm... hmmm....

If you enjoyed reading about "You might be a gun geek if......" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!