Bushmaster redeems themselves in my eyes.

PDA

joel.favre
November 2, 2010, 12:07 AM
Well, this is just the end of quite a long drawn out process, but I am happy with the results. To make a long story short:
In June/July time frame of last year (2009) I was having many issues with my Bushmaster Carbon 22 upper. Now, I am sure most of you know, these were not made for very long, and I dont believe many were sold, since they were not too popular. Anyway, contacted Bushmaster CS about it, and they told me to send it in to their Arizona facility for repair. At the time I did not know they had discontinued production.
Months dragged by, I didn't really notice however, since I was very busy in school. Finally, fast forward to Sep of 2010, I finally was being PCS'ed to FT Wainwright AK. Getting everything in order for the move, it hit me that I had heard neither hide nor hair of that upper I had sent off oh so long ago. I put in a call to CS, and they told me that since the .22 uppers hadnt been made for so long that it was going to be a while before they could get the tooling and make repair parts for mine. A little disappointed, I let it go, and told them to keep it until they could fix it, since I hadn't really been missing it to much anyway.
Again, fast forwarding to two weeks ago, I had arrived in Alaska, and put in another call to Bushmaster CS to let them know my address had changed and they had some good news. All of their repair facilities had moved back to Maine, and during the move they had opened a crate containing 20 brand new .22 uppers, I am assuming part of the last run. Well, they got authorization right there while I was on the phone with them to use the uppers they had found for parts to repair mine.
Today, it showed up on my doorstep and I am definitely pleased with the outcome. Yes, it took FOREVER to get my upper back, but they replaced the upper receiver itself, with a much sturdier model with nice steel rails for the bolt to ride on, the bolt, and the magazine, which had sent back (1) had magically turned into 2 much more solid magazines that I am sure will not have nearly the problems my original had.
So, to surmise, yes the original Bushmaster .22 Carbon upper assembly was garbage, to include the horrific magazine, and yes it did take a ridiculously long time for them to fix the problem, but you know what? I am not upset in the least, I have my .22 AR back, and they did eventually make good on their product which in my mind squares us. This was all for zero out of my pocket, they paid for shipping both ways and no charge for the repairs or replacement of my magazine plus the extra one for free.
Long time coming, but my fun little .22 Ar is back, now to see how it shoots this time around, I just hope the weather stays above 0 for a few more days.

If you enjoyed reading about "Bushmaster redeems themselves in my eyes." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Sky
November 2, 2010, 01:07 AM
Really glad it worked out for you.

If you enjoyed reading about "Bushmaster redeems themselves in my eyes." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!