.22 Browning Lever Action problem

PDA

CaliShooter2010
November 3, 2010, 01:30 AM
Hello Forum..............
I've been a shooter for 30 years with a wide variety of firearms. This little .22's got me bugged though. I dropped the action out recently in order to properly clean it, took care of business, put it back in, and now it won't eject.
I did have a bugger of a time getting it back together. What am I doing wrong? Any ideas or breakdown/assembly schematics? Working voodo spells or ancient prayers would be appreciated too. :D

If you enjoyed reading about ".22 Browning Lever Action problem" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
dougw47
November 3, 2010, 01:37 AM
Should be able to download one at www.e-gunparts.com for a couple of $$.

Give them a try...http://www.gunpartscorp.com/catalog/Products.aspx?catid=4148,may not be enough detail, could be some book or two.

Someone else may have more info...

CaliShooter2010
November 3, 2010, 01:51 AM
... thanks Doug, I've seen those schematics before. You're right, not enough detail. Hoping for insight from someone who's taken this sucker apart a few times,, AND got it working again.

Clipper
November 3, 2010, 12:26 PM
The manual specifically says not to disassemble the action yourself, but take it to a smith...So take it to a smith. I had my BL-22 for several years, and never considered disassembling it myself. The word is they're like a watch inside, and I would rather have had someone else (that I could then toss it back at if it didn't work) be responsible for proper function.

Furncliff
November 3, 2010, 12:46 PM
Check over in the Browning section of ...

rimfirecentral.com

soloban
November 3, 2010, 11:01 PM
I know what your talking about, I had the same issue with my BL-22... You're trying to click the bolt back on top of the lever action part? You have to click it back together in the middle NOT the front. I don't know if this makes sense or not... I may have a shop manual for it in PDF....lemme check and get back to you.

soloban
November 3, 2010, 11:04 PM
You need to check to make sure you didn't mangle the extractor and the conical shaped spring that sits on the inside of the receiver. Make sure you actually reinstalled the extractor as well. There is a little pin on the receiver that the extractor rides on and the spring sits underneath it. Helps to hold it upside down or sideways so the extractor doesn't fall out and you may need to hold it in place until you slide bolt and action back into place.

wrench
November 4, 2010, 01:47 AM
Second on the little spring that goes under the ejector. Probably went flying out somewhere while you were assembling. (ask me how I know this:))
A new ejector spring is about $2, fits into a little recess under the ejector.

CaliShooter2010
November 7, 2010, 01:06 PM
clipper= "take it to a smith". i know,, I KNOW! Friggenn hard headded is what I am. I've always been able to get my guns back together so I never even considered that I would have a problem. I did take it to a smith down in Marina, CA, we'll see how it turns out.

sloban= it's been quite a few months since putting this thing back together so i really don't remember the steps, physically, how I assembled it. I do remember the 2 long parts (i thought they were extractors) along each side of the assembly kept comming loose so i put a dab of grease on the inside of each one so it might stick to the entire assembly well enough so it would slide into the gun. I'm 99.9 % sure I didn't loose the spring. May have damaged it though. It was a bitch. A shop manual in pdf=christmas in november.

If you enjoyed reading about ".22 Browning Lever Action problem" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!