Best way to mount a scope on a Swiss K31

PDA

leadcounsel
November 3, 2010, 02:57 PM
What's the best way, or what are some methods, of mounting a rifle scope on a Swiss K31 rifle?

Thanks.

If you enjoyed reading about "Best way to mount a scope on a Swiss K31" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
akolleth
November 3, 2010, 03:02 PM
St. Maries makes a fantastic clamp on mount for the K-31, no gunsmithing required and it can be easily taken off leaving the rifle in its original unaltered condition. It is highly thought of in the K31 community.

Brownells link (http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/sid=6109/sku/Aluminum_K31_Clamp_On_Mount)

Col. Plink
November 3, 2010, 03:07 PM
I'm not sure, but I see the S&K mounts recommended here a lot, especially for 'oddball' milsurps that have special rear sights

candr44
November 3, 2010, 05:20 PM
Go with the St. Marie clamp on mount it doesn't require any disassembly or gunsmithing. I have one on my K31 and it is solid. It does have a few minor draw backs though. The spent shells hit the scope when they are ejected and you can't use the K31 stripper clips with the mount.

Red Tornado
November 5, 2010, 03:46 PM
St. Marie's. No gunsmithing, no permanent change, doesn't move a bit.
RT

If you enjoyed reading about "Best way to mount a scope on a Swiss K31" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!