$1000 for this?

PDA

mountainpharm
November 3, 2010, 08:47 PM
Looking for Garand experts to advise on this potential purchase...

http://www.thecmp.org/forums/showthread.php?t=28504

If you enjoyed reading about "$1000 for this?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
desidog
November 3, 2010, 09:26 PM
I'd echo the posts on the other forum that the asking price is over-zealous by 2-300.

Of course, the only way to answer this question is to put it up for auction: the winning bid will be how much it is actually worth...

Tim the student
November 3, 2010, 09:38 PM
If it were me, I'd pass. That muzzle looks a bit too rough. Does the bore look ok? The rest of the metal doesn't look stellar either.

But, at the end of the day, if it is worth it to you, then go for it. I think you could find a better deal on a six digit if you are patient.

mountainpharm
November 3, 2010, 09:39 PM
Yep, I think the guys at CMP are right. The seller is firm on $1000 so I second-guessed my initial decision to pass. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something here...

USSR
November 3, 2010, 10:05 PM
The only thing that Garand has going for it, are the lockbar sights, but that ain't enough to make it worth 1k. Now, if the barrel was correct.....

Don

If you enjoyed reading about "$1000 for this?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!