What stocks fit the Winchester FN SPR actions?

PDA

viking499
November 6, 2010, 03:03 PM
I saw the actions for sale in the CDNN catalog. Do these actions have a spacing that will accept the Winchester stocks or are they different? Anyone know the spacing between the bolts?

If you enjoyed reading about "What stocks fit the Winchester FN SPR actions?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
jmr40
November 6, 2010, 05:08 PM
Most will fit, but be careful. The bolt spacing is the same, but the newer FN rifles and FN made Winchesters use 1 piece bottom metal. The older Winchesters use 2 piece bottom metal. They are essentially the same, but more material around the triggerguard has been removed because the 1 piece bottom metal is thicker. CDNN sends an adapter with each stock so the new stocks can be made to fit older rifles.

I put a new short action stock made for a Winchester on my FN Patrol rifle. I had to remove a slight amount of material from the barrel channel to fit the heavier FN barrel in the stock. The area around theaction and bottom metal was a perfect fit. Just make sure you order one made for the 2 piece bottom metal.

If you enjoyed reading about "What stocks fit the Winchester FN SPR actions?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!