Quick change collets

PDA

Shadow 7D
November 6, 2010, 06:40 PM
I'm new into reloading, and just got a Rockchucker
It's a single stage, and I was really planning on getting a Lee turret, so I could set up dies on a turret plate and just change the whole setup.

Anywho, I know that there are some quick change collets or adapters, and I don't know which would be the right one to use with my press.

Do the Hornandy ones work with anything other than the LNL?

If you enjoyed reading about "Quick change collets" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
BigJakeJ1s
November 6, 2010, 08:36 PM
Yes, the Hornady LNL press adapter kit will work with the rockchucker.

Andy

ranger335v
November 6, 2010, 09:18 PM
Well, the "quick change" bushings can allow you to swap dies in maybe five seconds. Compaired to screw in-out swaps that will save you maybe thirty five seconds for each exchange. In a typical hour of reloading with three dies for handguns it can save you almost two minutes per session! Not quite that much saved loading with two dies for rifle tho, only a bit over a minute for that. Of course all that speed and convinence will cost you a few bucks per die set but just think of all you could do with the time you can save. ??? ;)

Shadow 7D
November 6, 2010, 09:47 PM
My understanding is that it saves you having to reset the spacing every time

Blackrock
November 6, 2010, 11:07 PM
After initial setup you set the lockring and it's pretty much good forever.

BigJakeJ1s
November 7, 2010, 04:33 PM
There are some lock rings where the setting might be good forever, but some others where that's doubtful.

The LNL die bushings are comparable to good (i.e. cross-bolt) lock rings in price, and you can jam any lock ring on top of the LNL bushing to keep the die setting square and secure.

Andy

If you enjoyed reading about "Quick change collets" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!