Remington 66/77 owners club & support group

PDA

Col. Plink
November 7, 2010, 02:27 PM
Hello everyone, my name's Plink and I'm a Nylon 77 owner...

Not that it's all that bad, but it does feel like I have an oddball, sometimes problematic child. At least enough to want to get in touch with other owners of this rifle and share tips.

First off, are extra 77 magazines out there and if so where? Any aftermarket ones worth a darn? Any pics of y'all's progeny? Thanks in advance!

If you enjoyed reading about "Remington 66/77 owners club & support group" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
ZZZ
November 7, 2010, 02:58 PM
I have two of those puppies, and they have always been problem free. I bought a green one back in 87 from Kmart, and have thousands of rounds through it. The other one is a brown 77 Mohawk 10C from the 70's. I love the way they handle. Midway and a few others have magazines, and parts turn up from time to time online.

Col. Plink
November 7, 2010, 03:07 PM
Let's see some pics, y'all!

Col. Plink
November 23, 2010, 07:28 PM
anyone else out there have one?

351 WINCHESTER
November 23, 2010, 08:09 PM
I cut my teeth on a 66. They are great rifles that require little or no maintaince. Accuracy is pleantly good enough although they don't do well with scopes.

mgkdrgn
November 23, 2010, 09:43 PM
There are, to the best of my knowledge, NO aftermarket mags for the Nylon 77 (and yes, I have one too ... first gun I ever bought ... in 1974))

Yes, there are mags for sale, all Remington made.

However ... I have yet to buy one in the last 10 years that has actually -worked-. My old ones work just fine, the "new" old ones do not. I have not been able to figure out why, they look exactly the same to me.

Hence ... I tracked down an purchased a Nylon 66 ... no more mag problem. :-)

Col. Plink
November 24, 2010, 05:43 PM
Very handsome, just like the one I used to have. My new mag works no better than the old one. Get this: it either spits out the rounds before I can get them loaded or doesn't bring them up as the previous round gets loaded. Go figure. The one like yours I had ran great even with replacement mags. Oh well....

Col. Plink
January 13, 2011, 05:46 PM
my 77 & a friendly rival

Col. Plink
January 13, 2011, 05:54 PM
Interesting swirls in the nylon on this one. My first was the brown with black caps & white spacers.

midtennpawnstar
January 18, 2011, 02:08 AM
I just bought a 1965 nylon 66 that looked as though it had went down with the Titanic lol

it was sad but i paid 80 for it at a pawn shop for another 125 i sent it off for a re bluing i wish i had the before picture so i can post it when it gets back next week but i cant wait when it gets make im going to wipe up the stock and take it out to shoot.:D

If you enjoyed reading about "Remington 66/77 owners club & support group" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!