Heckler and Koch MR556

PDA

JackTheRipper
November 7, 2010, 02:36 PM
I read that the new Heckler and Koch MR556 is supposed to come out in December. Besides the price, what is your opinion on this rifle?

I think this is the military version Hk 416, but nevertheless this is a cool video comparing it to the Colt...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGwkHktkTxU

If you enjoyed reading about "Heckler and Koch MR556" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
desidog
November 7, 2010, 02:53 PM
This is ooooold. 2005. There must be other threads on this here on THR.

If you can get beyond the techno, notice the guy pours the water out of the HK bbl, but not the Colt; also notice the welding helmet is used only on the Colt....staged? perhaps.

HorseSoldier
November 7, 2010, 03:16 PM
Unimpressed with the 416s some of our ODAs carried. Don't think the civilian version will wow me either.

JackTheRipper
November 7, 2010, 03:23 PM
hey desidog, I know it was old, I was just sharing it for people like me who hadn't seen it...

I searched on here for info on the MR556, there wasn't all that much, so I thought I'd post to see if there was any new info on it, or people had seen a prototype recently and had any opinion on it.. Thanks !

Al Thompson
November 8, 2010, 03:31 PM
Had some trigger time on a 416 the other week. Like my CMMG middy much better.

AR27
November 8, 2010, 07:50 PM
how could people like the seals use the M4 if this test was true? Something is not right.

J.R.W.
November 8, 2010, 08:39 PM
Where were the glow sticks to go with the oontz?

JackTheRipper
January 17, 2011, 09:24 PM
released! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tjq0lvEmwTk

atblis
January 17, 2011, 09:36 PM
Yawn.

nwilliams
January 17, 2011, 09:56 PM
I really don't see what sets the MR556 so far apart from any other piston AR for a quarter of the cost.

If I were going to spend that kind of money on a piston AR I would go with LWRC.

SpeedAKL
January 17, 2011, 11:41 PM
Aren't AWG and CAG/SFOD-D carrying them in the Army? Any rumors down the pipeline about likes/dislikes?

If you enjoyed reading about "Heckler and Koch MR556" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!