Golani @ Bud's Gun Shop

PDA

minutemen1776
November 7, 2010, 09:00 PM
Has anyone bought a Golani from Bud's lately? I'm curious if these are the ORF receivers or the newer cast receivers. Does anyone know if the serial numbers have GAL or GLN prefixes? Thanks!

If you enjoyed reading about "Golani @ Bud's Gun Shop" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
gglass
November 8, 2010, 08:10 AM
This might be the quicker and easier path to an answer.

Bud's Gun Shop
Phone: (859) 368-0371

kargo27
December 10, 2010, 09:35 PM
I bought a FUBAR'd one a few weeks ago and sent it back. It's manufacture date was 10/8/2010. SN: GLN043xx The machining on the receiver threads where the barrel attaches was canted. This made the barrel offset. To try to fix that they bent the barrel.

It cycled fine, feed ramp was a little low though and it chewed up the tips of SP and HP. I could not use FMJ at the range I use due to their rules.

I had Tenngalil check it out and he said there was nothing he could do with it. So, we sent it back to Bud's. Tenngalil said that he had 3 recently with that jacked up thread problem.

Hope that helps.

minutemen1776
December 12, 2010, 10:16 PM
Yikes! I've heard enough bad reviews on the Golanis that I've now just decided to stay away. It's too bad. They sure look tempting.

If you enjoyed reading about "Golani @ Bud's Gun Shop" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!