century arms c-15

PDA

jay223
November 9, 2010, 11:23 AM
i bought one a couple years ago ... not having any trouble with it just need some info...... i was told they have a2 barrels on them ( that should be 1:7 twist right) ...or someone told me it should have a 1:9 twist !!!!!!!!! ***!!!!! i need some answers .... i dont wanna assume i got 1:7 and reload heavy bullets when my 1:9 wont handle it ......i also dont wanna load 55 grain when i could be loading 65 or more!!!! does anyone have any info that can help me !!!

If you enjoyed reading about "century arms c-15" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
kwelz
November 9, 2010, 11:36 AM
Is it not marked anywhere on the barrel?

Not to sound like a jerk, but with Century you never know what you are going to get so for all we know it could be some strange never before heard of twist.

cuervo
November 9, 2010, 02:01 PM
A2s should be 1:7" twist. These were surplus uppers that Century put on their own lower, so it should be the same.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AR-15_variants

An easy way to check is get a cleaning rod that will allow the rod to rotate independently of the handle and use a .223 brash brush. Insert the rod into the barrel at least a foot down. Mark the rod at the end of the flash hider with a piece of tape and a witness mark. Pull the rod out until the mark goes around one whole rotation. Measure the distance from the tape to the end of the flash hider.

jay223
November 10, 2010, 10:19 AM
thanks cuervo

If you enjoyed reading about "century arms c-15" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!