Animals Calls

PDA

Zombiphobia
November 10, 2010, 02:23 AM
I've been getting interested in calls lately. We used to use crow calls on the farm and shoot them up all day, but it was electric.

Just wondering what everyone uses, for what different animals.
I've seen bear calls listed at some internet retailers and wondering if anyone's ever used them, and if so how well do they work?

I know they're illegal to shoot here in Florida, but I'm still curious how well a bear responds to a call?? Or any other animals for that matter.

If you enjoyed reading about "Animals Calls" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Zombiphobia
November 10, 2010, 10:21 PM
sixty-nine views and no comments?

WalkAbout
November 10, 2010, 10:52 PM
I have yet to have a deer call of any sort really work effectively for anything with the exception of a bleat can. That thing brought a 3-pointer back to bow range but he was so skittish that I couldn't draw without being busted. Everything else has been a bust in my experience.

Turkey calls, however are a different story. I've had them gobble at the truck door slamming. Crow calls, owl calls, hen calls, gobbler calls, they love em all.

b

627PCFan
November 11, 2010, 09:10 AM
Somehow I feel using a bear call would be equal to carrying a foam deer decoy to your stand on public land here during the opening day of gun season.

Electronic calls are the standard for coyote hunters, and I mainly use it for crow hunting.

Zombiphobia
November 11, 2010, 09:25 AM
Spicer, are ya saying a Bear call might be a tad bit dangerous??? lol
This is what I've read about them, especially a cub in distress sound, drives them nuts.

I figure if bears are anything like pigs, the sound of a young one in distress will get you hurt in a hurry.

WTBguns10kOK
November 11, 2010, 07:09 PM
Like George Constanza's dad, I prefer the Hoochie Mama!

brettrow
November 11, 2010, 07:21 PM
Yeah I have had very little success with deer calls, lots of success with turkey. I have a predator call for bobcat, but havent used it enough to judge its effectiveness. Im taking it to west texas next weekend, would love to call up a mountain lion.

If you enjoyed reading about "Animals Calls" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!