Rainier Arms / Kaiser AR-10 Barrel

PDA

griff383
November 11, 2010, 10:40 AM
Anyone use this barrel or have any information on it? I want to build a carbine upper for my DPMS LR308 and really liked the price on this barrel.

http://www.rainierarms.com/?page=shop/detail&product_id=2277

If you enjoyed reading about "Rainier Arms / Kaiser AR-10 Barrel" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
griff383
November 16, 2010, 09:10 AM
I got some info from the good people at Rainier Arms about the Kaiser 7.62x51 AR 10 barrels. Apparently they are a "hybrid" and can be used with either DPMS or Armalite style parts AND bolts. I thought this was interesting...

rbernie
November 16, 2010, 09:23 AM
There is nothing special in that. One of the few parts that interchange between DPMS and Armalite 308-class guns is the barrel assembly, because they both use the same dimensions on the barrel extension. Two of my three Armalite AR10 builds have used DPMS LAR barrels, simply because they were relatively cheap. For example, my last Armalite build used a DPMS lightweight 18" cro-mo barrel (rifle gas system) with muzzle break because DPMS was selling them for $299 shipped to my door.....

DPMS and Armalite do NOT, however, use the same barrel nut - they use different thread pitches.

I know nothing of the Kaiser barrels, but their price looks good. Were I contemplating another build, I'd probably pick one up...

griff383
November 16, 2010, 09:34 AM
Thats good information, Im really tempted to get one to cut weight on my TAC 20. I held my friends DPMS AP4 and was amazed at the 3lb difference. About 99% of my shots will be well under 300 yards and anything over that would be at a range and just for fun so Im not too concerned about going to a 16" barrel.

If you enjoyed reading about "Rainier Arms / Kaiser AR-10 Barrel" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!