Mel Gibson surrenders Guns

PDA

Freedom_fighter_in_IL
November 12, 2010, 07:45 PM
Short story here http://www.comcast.net/articles/entertainment-eonline/20101112/b211000/

I find it absolutely HILARIOUS where they stated "and man did he have quite a stash"

They are calling 2 handguns, 1 shotgun, and 1 Lever action a stash :what: They would go into cardiac arrest if they walked into my armory!!! Just another attempt from the media to sensationalize a VERY small collection of firearms.

If you enjoyed reading about "Mel Gibson surrenders Guns" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
bigalexe
November 12, 2010, 07:58 PM
A stash?

Well by their standards many people I know own enough guns to equip a small nation.

bottom shelf
November 12, 2010, 08:29 PM
I find it absolutely HILARIOUS where they stated "and man did he have quite a stash"

Well, the Glock did have a magazine AND a speed loader. :eek: To the uninformed, I imagine it sounds quite sinister.

Zombiphobia
November 12, 2010, 08:30 PM
she claimed he waved a gun in her face, so his guns are confiscated??? Where's the evidence... oh wait no,... SHE calimed HE waved a gun in HER face... that's it, that's all that matters. Such BS!!!

That's a pretty small stash, too BTW. I figured they'd at least have thrown in a couple airsoft Uzi's, faux grenade paperweight, and an AK or something and make it seem like he's trying to recruit a terror cell to take down the government.

Erik M
November 12, 2010, 08:34 PM
Reminds me of the "Journalist guide to Firearms" diagram in which everything pictured is labeled an AK-47 (incliding a squirt gun and a car). The only exception is the picture of an AK-47, which is labeled M-16. I'm almost positive that 2 loaded 30 round AR magizines constitues a lifetime of hoarded ammo to the west coast media.

Remember that Seung-Hui Cho (Va Tech shooting) only had a Glock 19 and a Wlather P22 and I remember the media being astonished that he had purchased high-capacity mags (15 and 10 rounds respectively). Its all hype and knee jerk reporting.

Sky
November 12, 2010, 08:36 PM
Braveheart all over again..taken down by a woman!

Onmilo
November 12, 2010, 08:44 PM
Isn't four the absolute limit an individual can own in California now??!!:D
Doesn't he have to have special permits to actually possess the one magazine each for his handguns??!!:D

MikePGS
November 12, 2010, 09:01 PM
I wonder if Lethal Weapon is what inspired him to have the Berretta (It doesn't say what model but I'm assuming its a 92)

Airburst
November 12, 2010, 09:04 PM
I've got more stashed under my bed than he had in total!:neener:

oneounceload
November 12, 2010, 09:39 PM
if they walked into my armory!

You have a building full of weapons? That IS the definition of an armory:rolleyes:

SuperNaut
November 12, 2010, 10:04 PM
Not quite, the most common definition is simply "a storage place for weapons," a "building for training in the use of arms" is further down the list.

To the OP, I think I'm okay with less lethal Mel Gibson...

KingMedicine
November 13, 2010, 12:03 AM
"To the OP, I think I'm okay with less lethal Mel Gibson... "

+100000000000000000000000

GLOOB
November 13, 2010, 12:26 AM
FYI, for the non-koolaid drinkers, every new Glock comes with a "speed loader" and a cleaning rod. I wonder why they didn't list the cleaning rod. :)

JTHunter
November 13, 2010, 12:27 AM
"Stash"?? Heck, that's less than a third of what I have (6 rifles/handguns each & 2 shottys - 14 total).
And still growing. :D

Archie
November 13, 2010, 01:19 AM
Yeah, not much of a 'stash'.

I really hate to see a man I admire become his own worst enemy. There are times I've been very close to that.

brboyer
November 13, 2010, 01:27 AM
Heck, that's less than my EDC!

hso
November 13, 2010, 01:41 AM
Drama about a controversial entertainment figure? Whooda thunk?

Not much more than gossip, though.

If you enjoyed reading about "Mel Gibson surrenders Guns" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!