"A Field Guide To Gun Shows"

PDA

Slater
December 20, 2003, 04:10 PM
http://civic.bev.net/shawnee/gunshows.html

Not sure if this has been posted before, but it's good for a chuckle:p

If you enjoyed reading about ""A Field Guide To Gun Shows"" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
TarpleyG
December 20, 2003, 05:01 PM
:D

GT

dinosaur
December 20, 2003, 05:42 PM
I actually know Rambo. He`d pay 3xs what something is worth if I`ll lend him the money. His wife already told me not to lend him any money as she`s in charge of it. Otherwise they`d be living in a tin shack eating the old MRE`s he`s been able to squirrel away. They`d have a nice, if overly expensive, collection of third world surplus though. :evil:

DMK
December 20, 2003, 07:20 PM
It looks like a pretty accurate assessment to me.

blades67
December 20, 2003, 11:17 PM
Darryl and Dawn came into the shop on Friday! They were looking for a holster and he didn't seem to know she was there. Everybody else did!:evil:

BenW
December 20, 2003, 11:38 PM
They forgot the version of Dawn that's a dealers wife. She is rather well endowed and wearing a low cut blouse. She spends a lot of time bending over the table arranging stuff. The male show attendees are piled three deep and completely blocking the aisle. Dawn sells a lot of holsters to guys that don't even own a handgun.:D

hillbilly
December 20, 2003, 11:44 PM
Where's Chester, the beef jerky guy?

hillbilly

MagKnightX
December 20, 2003, 11:49 PM
They forgot a couple:

SPUD: This dealer is very knowledgable about his wares and/or guns in general. He is also generally happy and very friendly. However, he has a pecuiliar smell and nobody can understand half of what he says...

JIM: He really knows jack s*** about what he's selling. But he'll be plenty happy to tell you about it anyway. And if you correct him, he'll just shake his head and look smug, and tell you what he originally said.

I encountered both of these guys at the gun show today. Spud let me hold a Barrett M82A1 to feel the weight, but I had to really listen to get through his manner of speech (read: mumbling). Jim was trying to sell a CZ-52 with a 7.65x25 barrel (standard) as one with a 9mm barrel, and Mac magazines as high-capacity Glock magazines. My father almost bought a CZ from him, but decided against it on my recommendation (read: I told him the dealer was either stupid or trying to get him killed).

sm
December 21, 2003, 12:19 AM
:D
Good to read this again, thanks.

Kamicosmos
December 21, 2003, 11:02 AM
That's pretty good. Almost sounds like a character cast for a bad disaster movie from the early '70s. :D

Smokey Joe
December 22, 2003, 12:53 AM
IMHO, the FG to Gun Shows was right on; I've met every one of those folks, and been 2-3 of 'em myself. They'll all live to see another dawn, and if they're all dreamers, well, this is America, the land of opportunity, and each of us should harbor, and cherish, and work on, a dream or 2. Or 3.

The one really important character is Kevin. WE MUST KEEP HIM AND HIS KIND BE-DAZZLED OR WE WILL LOSE! I was him once, and it is a factor in who I am now. I bet most of you were Kevin. Now you have a son or a daughter or a niece or nephew or a kid down the block who needs the same opportunity. SIEZE THE CHANCE, every chance, to give it to them!! Take a kid shooting, camping, fishing, anything outdoors. Share your passion!

You can bet your sweet a** that the PETA people and the Anti people and the liberals and everybody else who wants to shut us down, do that for their kids.

Merry Christmas everybody.

CJ
December 22, 2003, 01:48 PM
The one that scares me in my area is:

Lin - She's there with her boyfriend who has convinced her she needs a gun that she can carry in her purse. She's never shot a gun before, and goes around picking up everything that's 'cute' and repeatedly pulling the trigger while pointing it at DICK or ARLENE, whoever happens to be there at the moment.

If you enjoyed reading about ""A Field Guide To Gun Shows"" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!