What kind of gun do I have?

PDA

hortman
November 15, 2010, 12:13 AM
Just got a deal on a S&W Airlite PD .38+P jacketed. It has a hammer. From my Internet research it appears to be a 337? The case only says Airlite Ti. Can someone help me de-code the "mystery"?

If you enjoyed reading about "What kind of gun do I have?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
jlrhiner
November 15, 2010, 12:38 AM
Open up the cylinder and look at the crane. You will see the model number there. S&W mdl 337 is an Airlite ti 1.75" barrel .38 Special capable of firing .38 +p loads. I believe it is the lightest of the "j" frame S&W's. Excellent carry piece. Also offered with a shrouded hammer.

hortman
November 15, 2010, 02:09 PM
Thanks! Found it - It's 337PD. Glad it wasn't a snake. :D

The pistol says Airlite PD, the case says Airlite Ti. Regardless, it's in great shape, and got it about half of what they seem to sell for second-hand. I just felt like an idiot not knowing more about it. Didn't really want hammered but the price was right from "a little old lady" who fired five rounds out of it and didn't like the recoil. Haven't shot it yet myself. Thanks again!

If you enjoyed reading about "What kind of gun do I have?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!