7mm Rem Mag heavy barrel rifle suggestions

PDA

n10sivern
November 15, 2010, 12:07 PM
looking for a heavier barrel 7mm rem mag rifle. i know savage has the 111 long range hunter and remington has the 700 sendero sf ii. any other options? i would love to find a tikka super varmint but i don't think beretta imports them to the US.

If you enjoyed reading about "7mm Rem Mag heavy barrel rifle suggestions" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
hardluk1
November 15, 2010, 05:53 PM
Had to start over. Accurate Arms has great info site to help. What are you looking to do with a heavy barreled gun. Compete, hunt, play? more info will help. Savage makes some great rifles from afordable to full on factory bench/f class guns to. Big difference in price. You could build a rifle for the high end prices of some factory rifles.

n10sivern
November 15, 2010, 06:36 PM
Looking to spend under 1 grand for this rifle. Plan to used it for long range target plinking and hunting. I had looked at building a savage but the price to build would be similar to what they already offer, and much more of a headache since there isn't a gunsmith near here I trust. I REALLY like the Tikka, just a shame that Beretta doesn't import it here.

SpeedAKL
November 15, 2010, 07:13 PM
The Sendero may be the only good option around $1k if you want a really accurate 7RM. Because there is no factory-loaded match ammo, most manufacturers do not offer 7RM precision rifles from the factory; the common chamberings you will see include .308 Win, .300 Win Mag, .338 LM, .260 Rem, etc. The fast 7mms are popular in the long-range shooting community due to handloads, which make use of high-quality match bullets and the .284-caliber's excellent ballistics to extract some pretty blistering performance. The 7RM is a hell of a catridge of you want to go this route. The downside is that you will get to go the custom route, which will run $3-5k just for the rifle from a well-known shop like GA Precision, APA, Surgeon, etc.

n10sivern
November 15, 2010, 07:44 PM
Reloading isn't an issue. I'm getting .4-.6 moa at 100 meters out my tikka t3 lite hunting rifle. Ballistically, I prefer the 7 mag over other offerings such as the 300 mag. It is just as flat of a shooter with less recoil and will kill anything I hunt.

o0ben0o
November 15, 2010, 08:53 PM
I have a Tikka T3 stainless varmint in 7mm mag. Took 4 months to get one here in Australia but it was worth the wait.:cool:

mbogo
November 15, 2010, 08:55 PM
FYI, Savage has a Custom Shop and they can configure your rifle more to your liking than the regular factory rifle.

mbogo

coug
November 15, 2010, 09:16 PM
for a $1000 you should probably go with savage if you want custom accuracy. but like they said a sendero wouldn't be a bad rout. but I have owened 3 senderos and 2 savage rifles and the savage rifles that I have owned left the sendero behind. not to far back but they shot a little better

dougw47
November 15, 2010, 09:28 PM
Accumark near me, med. heavy bbl 7mmRM, marked down to $400 new.

At the dreaded Wally-world. Got one at two different stores in my area, fwiw.

If you enjoyed reading about "7mm Rem Mag heavy barrel rifle suggestions" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!