Buy a Truck, Get a free AK-47

PDA

Desertdog
November 15, 2010, 12:47 PM
The article says if they buy a used truck, but I wonder if new trucks are included.

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/25767498/detail.html

If you enjoyed reading about "Buy a Truck, Get a free AK-47" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
nalioth
November 15, 2010, 12:55 PM
This is old news.

A car dealership in Missouri started the current trend last year (https://encrypted.google.com/search?q=car+dealer+kalashnikov+missouri).

cleardiddion
November 15, 2010, 12:56 PM
Some days I hate this state and days where I'm tickled pink.
I think starting it on veteran's day may have been a bit iffy but boy does it draw some attention.
Speaking of which, I could probably use a truck... :p

Dokkalfar
November 15, 2010, 02:45 PM
Anyone read the comments there? half the posts, including one 'veteran' claim its a dumb idea, AK-47s are bad for people, etc.. its ridiculous :/

gearchecker
November 15, 2010, 04:01 PM
From what I've read and heard on the news this morning it's only good when the customer buys a used truck. The profit margin on a new truck is often too small to cover the cost of the AK after the saleman's commission and the lot fees.
Used vehicles often have 200% markup or better if the dealer is on his toes.

The local TV station up here went crazy over the idea. One of the news anchors thought it was insane giving away a gun with a truck purchase. The other anchor looked him in the eye and said "Well, we know where you stand on the 2nd amendment and gun rights" I just about fell out of my chair laughing so hard. It was priceless.

therewolf
November 15, 2010, 04:33 PM
We've been thrashing this topic on the Florida Forums.

It's an interesting sales tactic, but you have to be a valid gun purchaser or you only get cash value.

The impression that they will give an unacceptable person or Felon a firearm because it's attached to the sale of a truck is pure hokey. You still have to have a background check and be cleared for a weapons purchase by a participating
Federal Firearms Licensed dealer, P E R I O D .

henschman
November 15, 2010, 07:18 PM
Now in a free country, you really could just sell a truck and toss a rifle in the passenger seat along with it. But that isn't what is going on here unfortunately.

Buck Snort
November 16, 2010, 02:02 PM
Now in a free country, you really could just sell a truck and toss a rifle in the passenger seat along with it. But that isn't what is going on here unfortunately.
Yet one more time, henschman, THERE ARE NO ABSOLUTE RIGHTS!! I'm not going to support the kind of "freedom" that would allow a violent felon or an insane person to buy vehicle and get a firearm tossed in on the deal. You can bet that in short order other people's freedom would come to a quick halt.

luigi
November 16, 2010, 03:46 PM
Un American he should be giving away ARs

Bullnettles
November 16, 2010, 04:23 PM
I wish the article would have said something along the lines of "Buy a truck, get something less likely to kill someone for free!" :D

ljnowell
November 16, 2010, 04:24 PM
Yet one more time, henschman, THERE ARE NO ABSOLUTE RIGHTS!! I'm not going to support the kind of "freedom" that would allow a violent felon or an insane person to buy vehicle and get a firearm tossed in on the deal. You can bet that in short order other people's freedom would come to a quick halt.

Yes, because our laws are so great that insane people or felons NEVER get weapons illegaly, right?

Buck Snort
November 17, 2010, 02:43 AM
Lets not make it patently easy for them!

luigi
November 17, 2010, 04:31 AM
I'm not going to support the kind of "freedom" that would allow a violent felon or an insane person to buy vehicle and get a firearm tossed in on the deal.

I don't think anyone is advocating that here

XxR3M0V3RxX
November 17, 2010, 08:03 AM
I think its a great sales tactic. obviously he isn't sat next to a crate of ak47's with a ciggarette hanging out of his mouth and bandalero's over his shoulders. talking in a mexican accent like " joo want deez guunz hoomz,".

it just highlights peoples fears about people OTHER THAN THEM owning guns. its a control issue imho.

ljnowell
November 17, 2010, 02:53 PM
Lets not make it patently easy for them!

It already is! Thats the point! The laws dont work when they arent properly enforced.

InkEd
November 17, 2010, 03:29 PM
or half the time when they are, either.

If you enjoyed reading about "Buy a Truck, Get a free AK-47" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!