A THR thread is going to be published as a novel. Mr. Nightcrawler is now Dead Six

PDA

Correia
November 17, 2010, 03:23 PM
I don't know if you guys remember this mega-thread: http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=207390&highlight=Correia+lorenzo+nightcrawler

But I'm pleased to announce that a THR thread is going to be released as a novel from a major publishing house.

Nightcrawler and I took that fiction thread that we wrote, tweaked the heck out of it, made it way better, doubled it in size, and we just sold it to Baen Books. The novel is called Dead Six.

This is my 10th novel under contract and Nightcrawler's first, but I hadn't sold jack squat professionally when we wrote the Mr. Nightcrawler thread. (and for those of you that go back and read that original thread, just know that we're both way better writers now... I hope) :uhoh:

I don't know when it will be released yet.

Yeah, I just thought the forum should know. :D

If you enjoyed reading about "A THR thread is going to be published as a novel. Mr. Nightcrawler is now Dead Six" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
JohnBT
November 17, 2010, 03:33 PM
Well, dang.

No, make that...

DANG

edited to add: How come the second DANG isn't huge? It's supposed to be. Congrats anyway.

Dr.Rob
November 17, 2010, 04:11 PM
Sweet!

Maverick223
November 17, 2010, 04:12 PM
Great news...count me in for a copy. THR members get signed copies...right? :D

kwelz
November 17, 2010, 05:21 PM
This will not end well.....

Ok actually it will but still! :D

Baba Louie
November 17, 2010, 05:34 PM
Oh gawd Correia, you and Nightcrawler together again, bigger and better than the original? I'm almost more excited about this than the Ringo collaberations, almost.Yeah, I just thought the forum should know.and we/I thank you. Someone should cut-n-paste the first page or two of the original thread before it gets all, you know, copywrited and such... :D (or bump it for the newbies reading pleasure)

Congrats to the both of ya and I truly look forward to this one too, soon (I hope real soon).

Was it painful getting this one to birth? Or did MHI help out in the delivery?

kwelz
November 17, 2010, 05:38 PM
A question Correia. And maybe this is to corny. But is this suppose to be the same Universe as MHI? If so I see all kinds of potential for Crossover!

Correia
November 17, 2010, 06:20 PM
Different universe. This one is a straight up thriller.

Or did MHI help out in the delivery?
Having sold a whole mess of books now certainly helped get this one published. :)

statelineblues
November 17, 2010, 06:32 PM
GREAT!!!

Looks like I'm gonna be lurking about Amazon and the book stores...:D

Cap'n Jack Burntbeard
November 18, 2010, 06:59 PM
Awesome, I remember reading that thread. It was pure badass.

Unistat
November 18, 2010, 10:04 PM
I don't know, I heard this Correia guy is self published, that is never good.

Sorry, I couldn't resist, I just read Mr. Correia's latest blog post.

Maverick223
November 18, 2010, 11:42 PM
I don't know, I heard this Correia guy is self published, that is never good.Keep it up and you might earn your spot in his next book. :evil: :neener:

Dionysusigma
November 19, 2010, 05:14 AM
Oh HELL YES!!! :D

It's one of the few threads I actually have bookmarked to read in class... er, I mean when I'm bored. :o

Post a link to the book when it comes up for sale, as there is no question--I will be buying one. :)

THR members get signed copies...right?
;)

Six
November 19, 2010, 07:38 AM
The novel is called Dead Six.

:uhoh:

Domineaux
November 19, 2010, 08:37 AM
Thanks for letting us know David. As far as I am concerned after reading MHI and MHV, if you write it, I will read it.

Maverick223
November 19, 2010, 07:15 PM
LOL, Six...looks like your days are numbered. :p

Alaskan
November 21, 2010, 04:25 PM
I just finished reading the stories here on THR. All I can say is WOW. Great read and am eagerly awaiting the book.

Baba Louie
November 21, 2010, 05:45 PM
I just finished reading the stories here on THR. All I can say is WOW. Great read and am eagerly awaiting the book.Me three!

If you haven't yet read Correia's MHI and MHV you're missing some good undead killing gun oriented action. It may be the best undead killing gun oriented action adventure written to date. ;)

With more to come. Now if we could just get Lawdogs short stories or Marko's or Tam's... but this thread is about Nightcrawler and LCs work "Deep Six" (it'll always be Welcome back Mr Nightcrawler to me)

kayak-man
November 21, 2010, 05:49 PM
Congratulations to both you and Mike!

I loved Welcome Back Mr. Nightcrawler, and can't wait for Dead Six. Its always great to see these kinds of books published, gives the rest of us gun-nut authors a bit of hope!

Let me know if you need someone to proofread it :evil:

Chris "the Kayak-Man" Johnson

Five of Clubs
November 21, 2010, 10:24 PM
I'll buy it, but I have a comment. We need more than one Monster Hunter book per year. Seriously. Also, the next novel needs WAY more of Owen's dad in it. The "kitchen gun" scene was hilarious.

theotherwaldo
November 22, 2010, 12:11 AM
I don't know whether or not you'll appreciate this, but I'll be ordering multiple copies for our county library system - just like I did for each of your previous books.

The library staff and patrons are both hooked on your work!

Keep it up!!

cleardiddion
November 22, 2010, 04:19 AM
I'll be sure to look around for a copy

Sky
November 22, 2010, 09:43 AM
Dead 6 was a great read, thanks.

Omaha-BeenGlockin
November 22, 2010, 11:35 AM
So where is Nightcrawler---I've haven't seen any posts by him for some time----or is Dead Six his new handle?

Correia
November 22, 2010, 01:53 PM
Nightcrawler has been kind of swamped. He rejoined the military, Air Force this time, and went EOD.

Fractal X
November 23, 2010, 03:24 PM
Congratulations to both of you! I really enjoyed lurking through the original thread.

So when is the group buy scheduled? :D

Maverick223
November 23, 2010, 08:35 PM
So when is the group buy scheduled?What is this I hear about a group buy?...I was of the understanding that he was sending out free copies for peer review. :neener:

Apple a Day
November 25, 2010, 10:30 AM
Cool. Whenzitcominout?

dogsoldier0513
November 26, 2010, 10:47 AM
My list of favorite authors has just been expanded.

ScratchnDent
November 27, 2010, 01:16 PM
Congrats!

I look forward to getting a copy!

That thread is what introduced me to THR back in 2007, when I stumbled across a link on another forum, and it kept me up way too late 2 nights in a row reading through it.

It kept me up until 4 AM again last night as I re-read the whole thing, lol.

Zanad
November 28, 2010, 03:33 AM
almost got through the first page....

Full Metal Jacket
November 28, 2010, 03:42 AM
never read the thread.

Mike J
November 28, 2010, 11:27 AM
I hadn't read it either but I did read the whole thread on Friday. It was a good read. I'm gonna have to get a copy of this & also try to round up some of Larry Corriea's other stuff.

Hatterasguy
November 28, 2010, 11:52 PM
Very cool, let us know when we can buy a copy. Will Amazon and Barnes & Noble have it?

Correia
November 29, 2010, 11:58 AM
Yep. It'll be Amazon, B&N, pretty much nationwide. My last release made the NYT, so that's a real career boost as far as getting it in stores.

And just so you guys know, that thread was written on the fly by two guys with no planning, and posted still in rough draft form. The book is much much much better. :)

Nuclear
November 30, 2010, 02:34 AM
"The book is much much better." How is that possible? The original thread was like crack!

JShirley
November 30, 2010, 03:12 AM
I never read the initial thread, but the book...is pure, distilled awesome.

John

kayak-man
December 1, 2010, 12:15 AM
And just so you guys know, that thread was written on the fly by two guys with no planning, and posted still in rough draft form.
Very inspiring.

Chris "the Kayak-Man" Johnson

MICHAEL T
December 1, 2010, 12:59 AM
The thread was a great real lost lot of sleep sitting up late at night reading it. Was worth it Book is on my list.

Red Tornado
December 2, 2010, 11:20 AM
That thread was great, but I haven't reread it since it came out. It was great when you jumped in from seemingly nowhere and added the other perspective. Great work. Can't wait to get a copy. Keep up posted.
RT

Correia
January 4, 2011, 04:24 PM
We've got cover art. :)

http://larrycorreia.wordpress.com/2011/01/04/dead-six-cover-art-by-kurt-miller/#comment-13384

By the talented Kurt Miller.

wishin
January 4, 2011, 08:43 PM
Congratulations. Hoping it makes the NY Times list!

alfack
January 4, 2011, 11:40 PM
Nice work, Larry! I really like the Baen way of doing things, too.

MikeNice
February 4, 2011, 10:24 PM
I've allready got MHA on the wish list at Amazon. I guess I'll be adding this one tonight as well.

esheato
February 4, 2011, 11:33 PM
I can't say I'm a fan of sci-fi/fantasy anything, but I read an excerpt of D6 on your site Larry and Nov 2011 can't come soon enough.

Congratulations.

Ed

If you enjoyed reading about "A THR thread is going to be published as a novel. Mr. Nightcrawler is now Dead Six" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!