I threw away my LC-14-B!

PDA

rcmodel
November 17, 2010, 03:54 PM
Yep!
My good old WWII Woodsman's Pal is history, or compost now!

Two weeks ago, I took it out of my knife collection to clean up one of my wifes flower beds for winter.

Went to get it yesterday, and just the canvas sheath was in the garage where I left it.

I remember laying it on top of a 33 gal trashcan full of yard waste in the back yard and carrying them around the house.
But I don't remember taking it back out before setting the cans out by the curb for pickup! :cuss:

I called the city to see if the recycling compost yard has a "Lost & Found" department, and they laughed at me!!

I'm a sad sad camper right now!

rc

If you enjoyed reading about "I threw away my LC-14-B!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Gord
November 17, 2010, 04:00 PM
Don't suppose they'd let you into the yard anyway - borrow a buddy's metal detector and cross your fingers...

rcmodel
November 17, 2010, 04:09 PM
Naw! Ain't gonna happen.

They have an amazingly huge compost pile & stir it around with a CAT loader all the time.

They did say they will likely screen the compost next spring before giving it away, but if it is filled with larger tree limbs, they run it through a grinder first!!

At least my old WWII vet will go out in a blaze of glory when it goes through the wood chipper!!

Hope they don't send me a bill for repairs!

rc

lloveless
November 18, 2010, 05:17 PM
RC,
I feel your pain for a trusty tool. Let's have a moment of silence for the departed. Ah all better now. I am sure they are still sold. It is replacement time! Good luck
ll

hso
November 18, 2010, 05:35 PM
sounds like you'll need to replace it

If you enjoyed reading about "I threw away my LC-14-B!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!