Some Gun Humor...

PDA

Rubber_Duck
November 17, 2010, 06:46 PM
I don't know if this has been posted before so forgive me if it has but I thought it was pretty funny, we've all seen these types at the range at one time or another:

http://www.everydaynodaysoff.com/2009/10/28/the-list-of-offensive-shooting-range-stereotypes/

If you enjoyed reading about "Some Gun Humor..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Carter
November 17, 2010, 06:49 PM
Yes it has. The thread got shut down pretty fast.
I think its funny, in a make fun of yourself kind of way, but some people make it offensive in the way they discuss said stereotypes.

Rubber_Duck
November 17, 2010, 07:00 PM
That's unfortunate, hopefully this thread doesn't head that way. I just wanted to share a little humor with the rest of you, hopefully no one takes offense to it.

M-Cameron
November 17, 2010, 07:13 PM
dont worry about negative responses Duck.....youll find out pretty quick that many of the people here seem to have misplaced their sense of humor.

armoredman
November 17, 2010, 07:42 PM
Hmm, I don't fit into any of those categories. I have a semi auto military style rifle, but I also have a bolt action I enjoy shooting just as much. I might wear camo, but only one item, and not that often. Hmm.

Sam1911
November 17, 2010, 07:49 PM
Yes, it has run here before. Yes some people take themselves too seriously.

And, no, not all things that get a laugh really promote our goals here.

I'd like to see a version of that which applauded the different folks we meet at the range, and discussed in a positive light their interests, skills, and goals.

But that wouldn't be very funny, probably.

If you enjoyed reading about "Some Gun Humor..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!