Obama names anti-gun extremist as next BATFE head

PDA

Apex29
November 18, 2010, 10:04 PM
http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-in-st-louis/obama-names-anti-gun-extremist-as-next-batfe-head

This guy is on record as opposing privately owned "assault rifles." He's also a prominent member of the rabidly anti gun International Association of Police Chiefs.

Bad move, Zero. Unless you're an enemy of the 2nd amendment. Are you?

If you enjoyed reading about "Obama names anti-gun extremist as next BATFE head" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
LeonCarr
November 18, 2010, 10:15 PM
Time to crank up the "I don't think so" machine again.

seal
November 18, 2010, 10:22 PM
damn my sense for buying a bolt action instead of the fal i wanted. may have to finance a rifle before some stupid law goes into place now.

will this ever end.

Sky
November 18, 2010, 10:24 PM
Yep that and Rockefeller and some other jokers wanting to shut down any network that criticized the party line was on Fox news today...probably because they (Fox) were one of the targets.

Interesting times we live in.

daorhgih
November 18, 2010, 10:25 PM
It will end. In the meantime, a 2d mortgage is looking better and better in order to "Be Prepared."

Zoogster
November 18, 2010, 10:32 PM
may have to finance a rifle before some stupid law goes into place now.

An anti-gun head of the ATF is not likely to result in some new law.
Rather the biggest threat would be to FFLs, who would be far more likely to find themselves in trouble because of the most frivolous paperwork "errors".
Abbreviations, and uncrossed t or dotted i, missing check mark or spot not filled in, etc
The most minor of things could become reason to raid someone, perform an audit, or revoke their license.

The opinion letters people ask for could also change slightly, giving a more restrictive interpretation of a law.

bushmaster1313
November 18, 2010, 10:38 PM
Till they added the "E" I thought BATF was a counter at the convenience store.

Bubbles
November 19, 2010, 09:10 AM
Video... Traver's own words on gun control...
http://www.nbcchicago.com/station/as-seen-on/Warzone_Weapons_Assault_City_Streets_Chicago.html

Apex29
November 19, 2010, 10:40 AM
Good link, bubbles. And I doubt anybody in the antigun community has sense enough to realize the weapon those clowns are using is full auto.

Yeah, your average gang banger strolls around w/full auto.

/s

General Geoff
November 19, 2010, 10:46 AM
I just watched that video.

"Each firearm is a witness..."

Proof right there, that they are indeed attempting to imbue inanimate objects with life-like or magical qualities.

PT1911
November 19, 2010, 11:03 AM
Well, now that they have a list with everyone's name and info that purchased an AK style rifle in the last year and a half, I suppose I wouldnt be surprised by much... And I just HAD to have that VEPR II.

Carl N. Brown
November 19, 2010, 11:18 AM
Visiting the atf dot gov website, the Bureau goes by the acronym "ATF" even though they may have added "B" and "E" over the years. I suppose they have too many jackets and caps in inventory with the "ATF" logo to want to keep changing every time the Bureau of Prohibition (the original name of the outfit) receives another target of "regulation" (tobacco, firearms, explosives).

Carl N. Brown
November 19, 2010, 11:26 AM
rabidly anti gun International Association of Police Chiefs

Big city police chiefs whose dept budget depends on politicians (Bloomberg, Fenty, et al) heavily invested in the doctrine of crime control through gun laws.

Gun control advocates like to trumpet that IACP supports their agenda.

Funny thing, it was two city detectives and a corrections officer--working police--who convinced me that a handgun was a good thing to have for self-defense, and the local police chief signed off on my application for permission to purchase a handgun in fifteen minutes (rather than the 24 hr to fifteen day waiting period then in effect).

Obama supported Chicago style gun control while at the U of Chicago, and his real position on gun rights will be shown in his actions, not in his words. Appointing a Carrie Nation to the head of the Bureau of Prohibition is a significant act.

Gouranga
November 19, 2010, 11:30 AM
Well once again. Obama is going to win the gun salesman of the year.

dovedescending
November 19, 2010, 11:33 AM
Why am I not surprised...

CoRoMo
November 19, 2010, 11:42 AM
Immediately upon finding this thread and the linked article, I sat down and typed up a full page letter. I'm mailing it to Washington DC today.

Anyone want to join me?

TexasRifleman
November 19, 2010, 11:54 AM
Good idea, moving this to Activism Discussion. Don't just complain, let your reps know your feelings on this one.

On second thought, this one is done. If someone wants to put together a real action plan that would be much better than just the list of complaints.

If you enjoyed reading about "Obama names anti-gun extremist as next BATFE head" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!