mossberg 500 vs benelli nova/superova vs remington 870 express

PDA

Hboy828
November 21, 2010, 01:23 PM
this hhas probably been asked hundreds of times but i will ask

If you enjoyed reading about "mossberg 500 vs benelli nova/superova vs remington 870 express" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
jmr40
November 21, 2010, 01:27 PM
Ranked in order of preference by me.

Nova
Browning BPS
Mossberg

scchokedaddy
November 21, 2010, 02:31 PM
mossberg, remington, nova pump

rcmodel
November 21, 2010, 03:22 PM
Rem 870.
Mossberg.
Benelli.

Consider if you will the cost and general unavailability of Benelli barrels and aftermarket parts.

A second Benelli barrel will cost you almost as much as a new Mossberg, if you can find one.
A Benelli recoil pad will cost you $85 bucks.

rc

evbutler462
November 21, 2010, 09:48 PM
With Remington having QC problems of late, I'd go for the Mossberg 500. I have a Nova but the price of aftermarket barrels and other parts is rather ridiculous, IMO. If you think 870, think older used 870s, instead of the newer ones that are giving chambering problems.

JohnnyCal55
November 21, 2010, 10:40 PM
Benelli supernova, I have a 12 and 20 and they just fit me, the quality of the newer remingtons has not impressed me one bit. Owned and 870 for three weeks and sold it after several frustrating hunts. The nova feeds and goes bang every time

browningguy
November 21, 2010, 11:29 PM
If the plan is to buy lots of bits and pieces to stick on it, go with the Mossberg. If you just want a very well built shotgun there is none better than the Benelli.

My HD shotgun is a Mossberg 500 by the way. I wanted to add an extended mag tube and other gadgets so it's the best one for me. I think I have probably $325-350 in mine now, bought new and added a fiber optic front bead, 9 round extended mag tube, heat shield, weaver rail for mounting a red dot.

I have a Benelli, but it's a trim little 20 ga. Semi, a Duca Di Montefeltro with pretty little gold inlaid birds and doggies on it. It's not practical, but I sure look pretty when I go hunting with it.

Rob96
November 22, 2010, 05:19 AM
Go with what feels best. For me I like the feel of Mossberg shotguns. My home defense gun is a Mossberg 500 SP and my slug gun is an 835 Ulti Mag.

osteodoc08
November 22, 2010, 09:39 AM
For me, I have personally shot the Benelli, Remington and Mossy. I own the Remington and Mossy. Out of them I preferred the Remington 870 then the Benelli then the Mossberg. I've put several thousand through the Remington and the Mossberg without a problem, i think it just comes down to how well they fit and how well I shot with them.

srkavanagh6621
November 22, 2010, 10:48 AM
Well I own a 870 wingmaster and a nova and have also shot the mossberg. Out of the 3 I was a huge fan of the nova until recently it has been giving me a lot of problems. This year during goose hunting it would misfire and only shoot 1 or 2 out of my three shells loaded. It feels nice but the wingmaster is a far better gun out of all three choices. And as for the mossberg there is a reason I dont own one.

kinshipknight
November 22, 2010, 12:29 PM
I've been pretty pleased with my 500 in .410. Great little rabbit gun. My 12ga is a Citori, but if I ever went for a pump I wouldn't hesitate to go mossberg.

dugasgunner
November 22, 2010, 05:20 PM
I got rid of my 870 because it was cr...p. The camo was discoloring and the slide was jaming all the time. Remington...never again. I bought a SUPERNOVA and i'm in heaven. They are very smooth, solid and well finish. Dont know about MOSSBERG.

Virginian
November 22, 2010, 08:04 PM
That does it. the flies have now called in the SPCA because y'all keep beating this dead horse.

JNewell
November 22, 2010, 08:18 PM
Heh. ^^^

I was just going to answer: "yes." Itdontmatterevenalittlebit...

Caliper_RWVA
November 23, 2010, 06:30 PM
I went with the Mossberg. I like the safety and slide release locations and the price doesn't hurt either. Have a few hundred target rounds and a dozen slugs through it with no issues.

gleaner26
November 23, 2010, 07:24 PM
I've heard good things and negative things on all three. It really comes down to what "YOU" like better. I read where people say Remington QC is bad with the express but I just started finding people that say they are having trouble with the Nova/Supernovas as well. Misfiring was the most common problem I read about. Came across this on Benelli's website forums. I like Remington but I would pay a little more for the Wingmaster. The Browning BPS is pretty nice also.

gleaner26
November 23, 2010, 07:32 PM
I should have asked. Are you looking for a hunting shotgun or a HD shotgun?

If you enjoyed reading about "mossberg 500 vs benelli nova/superova vs remington 870 express" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!