NRA Life Membership $300 Again

PDA

tuckerdog1
November 21, 2010, 02:29 PM
Well, got the offer again. If you'd like to get an NRA Life Membership for $300, here's the deal.

The folks at the NRA Life Member's desk have asked in the past, that this be kept to about 20 people ( we went well over that the 1st time ). So the spots will go to the 1st 20 that respond.

Respond via a PM, not a post on this thread. The NRA needs info you wouldn't want to openly post on the thread. So let me repeat ( because it was pretty much ignored the last time ) CLAIM YOUR SPOT VIA PM. I will only reply to those. Sorry to be hard nosed about that, but as others that have also done this in the past may attest to, this can get to be a hassle.

When I get your PM, I will reply with my info. From the date of my reply, I must receive your $300 check within 10 days. If I don't get it, I'll open that spot to somebody else. This will help prevent somebody claiming a spot, and never following through ( and maybe costing somebody else the opportunity ).

The NRA says they must receive this packet by January 15th. I will have it in the mail January 3rd at the latest. I like to allow a few extra days, because my faith in the USPS is a tad low. Of course, If I have everybody's stuff earlier than January 3rd, it'll go out sooner.

In your PM, I need:

NAME
COMPLETE ADDRESS

The NRA is requesting, but does not require:
PHONE#
EMAIL ADDRESS
DATE OF BIRTH ( They've never asked for this before?? )

YOUR CHOICE OF MAGAZINE ( which can be changed later if you're not happy with your choice )

AMERICAN RIFLEMAN
AMERICAN HUNTER
AMERICA'S 1st FREEDOM

Important for me: Please, always include BOTH THR username & your real name. It can get pretty confusing trying to keep straight just who is who when the checks start to arrive.

Tuckerdog1

If you enjoyed reading about "NRA Life Membership $300 Again" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
PT92
November 21, 2010, 03:13 PM
Became a NRA Lifer last year and it is one of the best Christmas presents I ever received!

-Happy Holidays

twofifty
November 21, 2010, 03:27 PM
Hey Tuckerdog1, your location isn't Nigeria is it?

;)

tuckerdog1
November 21, 2010, 04:30 PM

Damn, that scam fizzled fast. How'd ya see through me so quick:D

Tuckerdog1

springwalk
November 21, 2010, 07:28 PM
where can I sign up? DNC cafe in Africa:D. I use to give to the NRA(clinton days), but I think the 2nd Amend is safe now. BTW, I wouldnt want to be part of an organization that doesnt extend a special offer to all Americans, not just a select "20".

FROGO207
November 21, 2010, 07:32 PM
Hey Guys I took advantage of this before. Do it before the price goes up any higher. We need to start showing the Guberment that we DO mean business and by standing up and being counted this gives a real number of 2A voters for them to look at.

cbrgator
November 21, 2010, 07:34 PM
I use to give to the NRA(clinton days), but I think the 2nd Amend is safe now
It will only take a 1-Justice swing in the Supreme Court for 5 liberals to overturn the "wrongly decided" Heller and McDonald cases.

ReloaderEd
November 21, 2010, 07:36 PM
Im 66 year old maybe 20 year left so I think it would be a push.

Pate
November 21, 2010, 07:45 PM
I upgraded last year with Tuckerdog's help. Thanks again....

springwalk
November 21, 2010, 07:50 PM
The 2nd Amend will never be abolished or amended. If the gubbermint(Supreme Court of 5 rebels) even utters it, unless the propoganda machine (media) has some brainwash machine eminating through the computers and tv, there will be major chaos and unstabilty in the US. The gun culture is entrenched in the heart of America. Give us liberty or give us death to politicans and lawyers. :cuss: If we need to give money to an organization to protect our given rights then the US Constitution isnt worth the paper written on, nor is the country worth loving and defending. BTW, why is it great to get a cheap deal on a membership from a organization that needs money to defend rights? Shouldnt you want to pay more to the NRA to "safeguard the 2nd Amend"?

sidheshooter
November 21, 2010, 07:52 PM
To late for me, unless the Hindus turn out to be correct...

;)

But don't let that stop any of you who are not yet lifers.

tuckerdog1
November 21, 2010, 09:49 PM
I upgraded last year with Tuckerdog's help. Thanks again....

Pate, You're very welcome.

BTW, I wouldnt want to be part of an organization that doesnt extend a special offer to all Americans, not just a select "20".

That's per Life Member. From what we've seen, not all Life Members get this offer. But the 1st time this came around, the offer was extended not only here by me, but on other forums by other members. I think we came close to 100 the 1st time. Add that to the others, and the NRA was a bit swamped. While trying to get the last few in under the deadline by phone, I was asked to try amd keep the number around 20 in the future. That's what I've done.

Plenty of spots still available. Generally takes several days to get the 20. And in the rough economy + being around Christmas, I suspect money is tight.

Tuckerdog1

MovedWest
November 21, 2010, 09:59 PM
I can vouch for this. I went life last year thanks to this promo. It's 100% genuine.

Thanks again Tuckerdog!

-MW

PT92
November 21, 2010, 10:41 PM
The 2nd Amend will never be abolished or amended. If the gubbermint(Supreme Court of 5 rebels) even utters it, unless the propoganda machine (media) has some brainwash machine eminating through the computers and tv, there will be major chaos and unstabilty in the US. The gun culture is entrenched in the heart of America. Give us liberty or give us death to politicans and lawyers. :cuss: If we need to give money to an organization to protect our given rights then the US Constitution isnt worth the paper written on, nor is the country worth loving and defending. BTW, why is it great to get a cheap deal on a membership from a organization that needs money to defend rights? Shouldnt you want to pay more to the NRA to "safeguard the 2nd Amend"?
Your opinion would be irrefutable if we lived in a perfect world. Yet we don't so please don't kid yourself--our 2ND Amend rights are by no means a guarantee (though you are correct in saying that by reading a verbatim interpretation of the Second Amendment, the right to be arms is inherent). Yet, a situation whereby Martial Law is declared in the U.S. is entirely possible as the result of any number of potential crisis or as some others have already suggested, even a Liberal Supreme Court could overturn our recent successes.

I say support the NRA and become involved in any capacity when it comes to defending our gun rights.

-Happy Holidays

springwalk
November 22, 2010, 01:39 AM
I guess I'm tired of the fight and worrying about things that SHOULDNT occur. If they dismantle the 2nd amend expect the rest of the Constitution to unravel:(.

M-Cameron
November 22, 2010, 09:26 AM
need to give money to an organization to protect our given rights then the US Constitution isnt worth the paper written on, nor is the country worth loving and defending. BTW, why is it great to get a cheap deal on a membership from a organization that needs money to defend rights? Shouldnt you want to pay more to the NRA to "safeguard the 2nd Amend"?

yeah, because after years of sitting around being bored...we just decided on a whim to give blacks and women their rights back....

parsimonious_instead
November 22, 2010, 11:50 AM
Springwalk:

Second Amendment rights have definitely been gaining serious momentum lately, but complacency is our truest foe.

When you have the enemy on the run, do you let them melt into the forest and regroup, or pursue and annihilate?

tuckerdog1
November 22, 2010, 03:06 PM
Day two, several spot stills available.

Tuckerdog1

springwalk
November 22, 2010, 03:16 PM
M Cameron, yeah and we're paying big today for granting that excessive liberal ideal. The founders had it right the first time.:D

springwalk
November 22, 2010, 03:52 PM
I think you get a magazine, bumpersticker, Ted Nuggents cooking book, rainbow flag and ALOT of solicitations from the NRA for more money. Most of the letters say something along the lines of "We need your help more than ever today, Ted Kennedy's ghost is haunting the 2nd Amend rights" "Hillary Clinton is plotting with the United Nations to take away your guns" and hooked nose UpChuck Schumer and Barbra Boxer have forgotten the past and want to repeat history by introducing more gun grabbing legislation. Send us more money unless you want the ATF and police agencies to come take away your guns like England and Canada.:rolleyes: BTW, I stopped voting too as the process has become too insulting with so many imbeciles partiscipating. I concede to the metropolitan materialistic commercialized Sheeple, they won.

boogity8k
November 22, 2010, 07:38 PM
any spots left

springwalk
November 22, 2010, 09:09 PM
t-dog, its not that I dislike the NRA, its just they cry wolf too much! There was no reason for them to be aggressive and solicitate to Americans the 8 years Bush was in office. Besides, giving money to the NRA is like buying an additional warranty for the product you bought that already has a warranty. If the 2nd Amendment cant stand on its own then America is doomed anyway.:(

tuckerdog1
November 22, 2010, 09:39 PM
any spots left

Yes, several. Usually takes a few days to get 20. Even at this discount, $300 is still real money to most of us:D

Tuckerdog1

springwalk
November 23, 2010, 12:52 AM
curious, what does T-dog pocket? It cant be too much giving the nRA is giving an awesome rate of price to join:D. :D Does one who get the discount enjoy less solicitations? Will Chuck Schumer and the seltzer sipping gang stop begging for money to defend against a mythical monster taking our guns away?

Sediment
November 23, 2010, 07:29 AM
Any slots still open?

tuckerdog1
November 23, 2010, 07:56 AM
wanting

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

curious, what does T-dog pocket? It cant be too much giving the nRA is giving an awesome rate of price to join

Fair question. I get nothing from the NRA. I do not work for them any capacity. Just happen to believe in what they do, and figure a large permanent headcount helps with the DC arm twisting.

In the 4 or 5 years we've been doing this, and the approx 200 new Life Members signed up, I have received 1 "thank you" gift from one of the new Life Members. A really nice Benchmade knife. Totally unexpected:eek: And let me take this opportunity to say "Thank You" to that member again.

Sediment, Yes still openings. PM me.

Tuckerdog1

Sock Puppet
November 23, 2010, 10:25 AM
Let me take a look at the family budget.

Vector
November 23, 2010, 10:42 AM
where can I sign up? DNC cafe in Africa:D. I use to give to the NRA(clinton days), but I think the 2nd Amend is safe now. BTW, I wouldnt want to be part of an organization that doesnt extend a special offer to all Americans, not just a select "20".

Not sure about this thread or offer, but I cannot believe you said what is highlighted. The 2nd amendment is only one Democratic vacancy away if Obama or another liberal replaces a conservative on the SCOTUS.

Vector
November 23, 2010, 10:50 AM
t-dog, its not that I dislike the NRA, its just they cry wolf too much! There was no reason for them to be aggressive and solicitate to Americans the 8 years Bush was in office. Besides, giving money to the NRA is like buying an additional warranty for the product you bought that already has a warranty. If the 2nd Amendment cant stand on its own then America is doomed anyway.:(

Wow, here is another example of someone making an absurd comment. Not all Republican presidents have chosen wisely when it comes to SCOTUS choices as it relates to the 2nd amendment. Look at Bushes father who gave us Souter. Others have been duped including Eisenhower. I'm sure from the NRA's perspective they would not feel comfortable unless any vote would be 9-0 in favor of the 2nd Amendment.

That of course does not include state and local factors which can have a bearing on peoples rights as well. Complacency will be what dooms America.

millertyme
November 23, 2010, 10:51 AM
If they really wanted to get the sheeple moving drastically towards gun control all they'd have to do is start publicizing any time someone uses a gun in a crime through the mass media outlets. Stop showing all the other useless nonesense on the television and replace it with kids being caught with firearms at school, gang shootings, domestic violence, poaching, and any other news that places a negative light upon possessors of firearms (not just gun owners) and even the most passive individual in the most tranquil neighborhood will scream at the top of their lungs for gun control. That's one of the ways John McCain keeps getting elected or at least how he fundraises in AZ. He goes to all the little old white ladies up in Paradise Valley and Fountain Hills and starts talking about Mexicans and crime and a tough border policy and they all but sell the family pearls to support him so he can keep protecting them and their borders. By their reaction you'd think violent crime was running rampant through the streets. Nevermind that he does nothing.

waterhouse
November 23, 2010, 01:43 PM
sorry for the stupid question, but what exactly do i "get" for $300?

You'll get a lifetime voting membership, a magazine every month, $1,000 of firearms insurance coverage (~$18 a year worth of coverage when you add a rider to your homeowners policy, although prices can vary greatly), probably a few other things like hotel and car rental discounts but I'm not sure. Some private ranges require each member to have an NRA membership (I think for insurance reasons) so for some people it is cheaper to get a life membership than pay the annual fee. You can also opt out of all mailings, they send me a magazine once a month and a new member card once a year or so, that's it.

I used to do the yearly membership thing, then tuckerdog offered this deal a few years ago and I jumped on it. Money well spent to me, thanks for doing the legwork again TD.

Mike OTDP
November 23, 2010, 01:48 PM
I went Life 17 years ago (I think). Saved a bushel of bucks over the long term.

Remander
November 23, 2010, 10:29 PM
I took advantage of this offer a year or two ago. Can't beat it.

For those concerned about junk mail, I get nothing but the American Rifleman magazine, and maybe one other item per year, since I followed this advice on the NRA site.

Q: How can I reduce the amount of mail I receive from the NRA?

A: Simply email us at membership@nrahq.org or dial 800-NRA-3888 and request to be placed on the "Do Not Promote" list. This will significantly reduce the amount of mail you receive without affecting important mailings, magazine service, or your membership renewal.

Yosemite Sam
November 24, 2010, 03:35 AM
ArmsCare firearms insurance has been raised from $1000 to $2500 for all members. I just got the offer in the mail again this year, and I'll help out.

Please send me a PM with:

* Name
* Address
* Magazine preference (American Rifleman, American Hunter, America's 1st Freedom)
* NRA number if you're already a member (so they can match it up easier instead of creating a duplicate account)

Optional:

* Telephone
* E-mail address
* Date of Birth

I think they're asking for date of birth to clean up their computer database. With 4.3+ million members, there's gonna be some duplicate accounts (people with 2 or more NRA numbers). This will help them match people up. That and birthday will help sort out John Smith Jr. and John Smith Sr. This is just my guess why they're asking for birthday.

TigerBight
November 24, 2010, 06:36 AM
pm sent TY tuckerdog1

tuckerdog1
November 24, 2010, 07:49 AM
Thanks Sam,

Your help last time around got a lot more members added.

Response a little low this time around. I still have 9 openings. Who knows, maybe holiday cash will pick up the pace. I think money just may be too tight this year.

TigerBight, PM replied.

Tuckerdog1

Grey_Mana
November 24, 2010, 12:53 PM
Just as an FYI, Tuckerdog hooked me up last time. NRA was a little slow to process, but there were no problems.

I'm writing because normally I wouldn't send a $300 check and personal information to a stranger I met on the internet, but it worked out fine.

xHypex
November 24, 2010, 06:03 PM
You'll get a lifetime voting membership, a magazine every month, $1,000 of firearms insurance coverage (~$18 a year worth of coverage when you add a rider to your homeowners policy, although prices can vary greatly), probably a few other things like hotel and car rental discounts but I'm not sure. Some private ranges require each member to have an NRA membership (I think for insurance reasons) so for some people it is cheaper to get a life membership than pay the annual fee. You can also opt out of all mailings, they send me a magazine once a month and a new member card once a year or so, that's it.

I used to do the yearly membership thing, then tuckerdog offered this deal a few years ago and I jumped on it. Money well spent to me, thanks for doing the legwork again TD.

As mentioned by a later posting, the Armscare insurance has increased to $2500, but for those who are members of private ranges the umbrella insurance offered to the range is probably of greatest benefit.

I just received my renewal info in the mail today and on that NRA letter the life membership was offered for for $600 as compared to the regular price of $1,000. $600 is better than $1K, but I remembered this deal from last year so the timing was fortunate. At $300, even with the discounted yearly rate of $30 the life membership will pay for itself within 10 years; I'm hoping to get far more use out of it than than!

I agree that the regular form letters are more than a little abrasive, but for some people that's what it takes to get them to read/respond to anything. I haven't opted out of the promos yet, but thanks for the info posted about removing yourself. And thanks again to tuckerdog for offering this lifetime renewal and taking time out of his own day to organize the submissions.
-hype

Sheepdog1968
November 24, 2010, 06:10 PM

;)
Last year Tuckerdog1 did the same thing with Lifetime memberships. I sent him the money and I'm now a Lifetime NRA member. You can trust him.

wgsigs
November 24, 2010, 06:39 PM
At the risk of being pounced upon ;), how much of the membership fee goes to the lobbying branch of the NRA?

hurricanej
November 24, 2010, 07:12 PM
PM sent.

tuckerdog1
November 24, 2010, 09:26 PM
All PMs replied to.

Sam, things are picking up today. Could hit the 20 tonight or tomorrow. So some may just be coming your way after all.

Tuckerdog1

maxthedog
November 24, 2010, 09:56 PM
PM sent.

orionengnr
November 24, 2010, 11:11 PM
At the risk of being pounced upon , how much of the membership fee goes to the lobbying branch of the NRA?
Unfortunately, none. The NRA-ILA is the lobbying arm of the NRA. Your membership fees don't go there. Although they probably need the money more.

I signed up for the Life Membership "extended pay plan" or whatever they call it about four years ago. The total is $1000, and I pay $100 per year. I have already passed the $300 mark, so I'll just keep on paying. It's worth it. :)

My wife is a little quicker on the uptake than I--she grabbed the $300 life membership a year or so ago. :)

I can't believe some of the ostriches on this thread. I have read that there are 80-90 million gun owners in the US, but only ~4.5 million NRA members, or 5% of American gun owners (at best).

AARP claims 40 million members...almost ten times that of the NRA, and probably 80-90% of retired Americans. As a result, AARP is an unassailable force on Capitol Hill.

There are twice as many gun owners as there are senior citizens. Yet they have ten times the representation that we do. Something is wrong with this picture. Annual membership in AARP or NRA is about the same...~$40 or so.

Would that gun owners be nearly so wise, and so unified. Sadly, we are our own worst enemy. This thread contains many examples.

Think on that.
Best regards, and Happy Thanksgiving.
Rich

Life member, NRA
Life member, TSRA

Art Eatman
November 24, 2010, 11:22 PM
I've been a sort off-an-on activist in the RKBA deal since 1967. A fair while. An NRA member since 1964; my father became a life member back in the 1930s.

Were it not for the efforts of the NRA in 1967 and 1968, you wouldn't have CHLs: No handguns, if "old" Senator Dodd had succeeded. And all long guns would be registered.

The NRA is still regarded in Congress as the strongest lobbying group except for the AARP. And even the hard-core Democrats acknowledged that the NRA's efforts were instrumental in their losing control of the House of Representatives in 1994.

Lobbying takes money. Unfortunately, PETA has more money for that than does the NRA. So does George Soros, who is probably the richest of the anti-gun socialists.

Folks whine about getting the mailouts. Okay, from a TFL moderator with whom I've been familiar for over ten years: "When I was working for NRA, depending on the mailing, return was as high as $1 per penny. Yep, per penny."

And for the Olde Pharts, the NRA Plan B health insurance for us Medicare types is the cheapest available. (All the plans are the same, by law; only the price varies among insurors.)

But one thing I've learned for sure in forty-three years: The anti-gun crowd never quits. Never.

Tony50ae
November 25, 2010, 12:19 AM
Yes the NRA always asks for money. They need it. There are different branches to the NRA and money sent to one does not go to another if they need it. So thats why you get the mailings. Usually its the NRA-ILA that sends the most mailings. They are the lobbying branch and no membership dues get used for that purpose. Its that simple folks. I don't contribute much to that branch but I do contibute through the Combined Federal Campaign at work. I have a small deduction from my paycheck that goes to the NRA Foundation. I like to think I am doing my part.

Like someone else stated, all these gun owners in America and yet so few that are NRA members. I always hear that the NRA is the 800 pound Gorilla, yet in reality it should be more like a 5000 pound elephant. If you have a real reason to not like the NRA fine. But the most pathetic one I hear is that you get too many mailings. Do what I do, throw them out if you don't want to contribute!

If you are married and your spouse supports the 2nd Amendment, have him or her join as well. In politics its a numbers game. The more numbers a lobbying group has the better.

stickhauler
November 25, 2010, 02:39 AM
t-dog, its not that I dislike the NRA, its just they cry wolf too much! There was no reason for them to be aggressive and solicitate to Americans the 8 years Bush was in office. Besides, giving money to the NRA is like buying an additional warranty for the product you bought that already has a warranty. If the 2nd Amendment cant stand on its own then America is doomed anyway.

You do realize the Clinton AWB would still be in effect if Congress had opted to try and renew it don't you? Bush said if they sent a bill to renew it, he'd have signed it.

You also realize that the 2nd amendment could become a moot point if Obama or any President told the EPA to declare ammo components too toxic for regular citizens to own? Or that a still Democrat controlled Senate could vote to ratify the upcoming UN Small Arms Treaty, which will likely attempt to ban civilian ownership of firearms?

It makes me quite sad that some of the gun culture feels it unnecessary to shoulder the load to keep our 2nd amendment rights intact. See, my dream is to leave this country to my grandchildren with MORE rights intact than we currently have. That's why, with the help of this offer by another member here last year, I became a Life Member of the NRA. And I thank each and every member here who offer to help a fellow shooter get a life membership at a much reduced cost.

Truly what burns my butt is, many here served this country to preserve every Americans constitutional rights, yet every time a thread starts about the NRA, we get the usual "don't bother me" comments from a few. It tends to make a veteran feel they wasted their time defending such inconsiderate people. People actually make the statement they don't bother to vote? I'd hope your momma raised you better than that. Seems the world has gone to hell since they started taking good old fashioned butt whippings away as a form of punishment for children!

SgtBFGunner
November 25, 2010, 11:15 AM
PM Sent

tuckerdog1
November 25, 2010, 01:40 PM
Replied.

Would be down to the last two, but a couple folks found a friend with the same offer. So they're having him get their memberships. I do appreciate them letting me know, so two more can get in. So that makes it 4 openings left.

Tuckerdog1

tuckerdog1
November 26, 2010, 01:41 PM
Two openings left.

Tuckerdog1

tuckerdog1
November 26, 2010, 08:56 PM
One opening left. Somebody jump on it:D

Tuckerdog1

tuckerdog1
November 26, 2010, 10:54 PM
All my 20 spots filled.

Refer to post #40 by Yosemite Sam. He took on extra applicants last time around, and is offering a hand again.

Tuckerdog1

smokey262
November 27, 2010, 11:48 AM
The anti-gun crowd never quits. Never.

Truer words have never been spoken.

This offer is 100% legit. I got the packet in yesterday's mail with the offer to upgrade from endowment to patron for $300, and sign up new lifers for $300 as well.

I first joined the NRA maybe 30ish+ years ago, then let my annual membership lapse because I was tired of receiving all of the solicitations for additional money.

After a few years I became smarter. I recognized that the NRA was in fact a political action committee, and that they were safeguarding my right to own and use firearms of all kinds for all legal purposes.

Now when the solicitations come I occasionally but not always respond if I can.

Gentlemen and ladies, if you own a gun you must join, its that simple.

Money talks in politics. Whether you like this system or not has nothing to do with it. As long as it exists the only way for our voice to be heard is to participate, and the more participation the better the chances of winning.

78tsubaki
November 27, 2010, 02:16 PM
I am already a Life Member.
I just signed up my sons on the friends and family plan. All I am giving them for Christmas is Life Memberships and more ammo.
It takes the first and second amendments to make the rest of the Constitution work.
My boys will get some stickers, a cool card, some insurance for their firearms and the knowledge that their Dad cares about their freedom to keep and bear. I know that they will be asked to contribute from time to time. That will be their choice. The NRA has never held a gun to my head for my money or my freedoms. Thanks in large part to our American Veterans and the NRA, nobody better ever try.

God Bless America!

Yosemite Sam
November 29, 2010, 11:54 PM
Bump to page 1. Still have 20 spots open. Refer to post #40 for the information to send to me in a PM if you are interested.

The NRA mentioned in a letter last year that Life memberships are being raised from $1000 to $1200. Don't think it's happened yet, but $300 is a steal. I paid $500 for mine.

Yosemite Sam
November 30, 2010, 04:51 PM
6 spots taken. 14 spots left.

Mac11
December 1, 2010, 08:29 PM
Thanks Sam, and a bump for 14 more

Mr.Davis
December 1, 2010, 09:09 PM
Here's the deal: if you're satisfied with the state of the right to keep and bear arms in our country today, and feel like no one will ever try to erode the status quo, then don't join the NRA.

If you think every state should have shall-issue concealed carry, that people should be able to own handguns for self defense in crime-ridden towns like DC and Chicago, that the government shouldn't be allowed to unreasonably restrict your right to own guns for any lawful purpose, then, well, the NRA and responsible gun owners everywhere need your support.

Sam, PM sent. I'd love to take you up on the offer.

jbbaldwin
December 1, 2010, 09:54 PM
PM sent to Sam. Thanks!

Yosemite Sam
December 2, 2010, 02:37 AM
9 spots taken. 11 spots left. They're going fast this year.

jbbaldwin
December 3, 2010, 08:35 AM
Just wanted to bump this in case anyone hasn't seen it...

Mac11
December 5, 2010, 10:02 AM
Bump for Yosemite Sam's offer!

fast200
December 5, 2010, 03:17 PM
This is annoying to folks like me who are on EPL. :eek:

Yosemite Sam
December 5, 2010, 04:30 PM
14 spots taken, 6 spots left!

Vector
December 5, 2010, 05:40 PM
Do not take this post the wrong way, I am just asking for references.

I see a couple testimonials for tuckerdog1.

Who here as done this offer via Yosemite Sam?

tuckerdog1
December 5, 2010, 06:25 PM
Vector,

Here is a link to the thread the last time this offer came around. Sam was signing up new members back then. He begins to receive positive feedback from the applicants he signed up on page 9 of the thread.

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=491452

Tuckerdog1

Vector
December 5, 2010, 07:35 PM
Ok thanks.

I sent a PM to Yosemite Sam

CZguy
December 5, 2010, 11:32 PM
This is annoying to folks like me who are on EPL.

What's an EPL?

MasterShake
December 6, 2010, 01:03 AM
EPL stands for easy pay life. You pay $25 quarterly over 40 quarters until you pay $1000 and then you're a life member.

tuckerdog1
December 6, 2010, 08:07 AM
This is annoying to folks like me who are on EPL

How much ya got left on the EPL? This might still cost less.

EPL was how I got my Life Membership ( long before this offer ever appeared ).

Tuckerdog1

Yosemite Sam
December 7, 2010, 12:09 AM
I'm backlogged on PMs and paperwork. I have finals and clinicals, but rest assured I am reading all responses. Wednesday morning I should send out lots of PMs and update my Excel spreadsheet.

Yosemite Sam
December 7, 2010, 07:02 PM
I'm caught up on everything. All 20 spots taken! 7 checks received.

Yosemite Sam
December 7, 2010, 10:26 PM
One spot opened up.

Edit: All 20 spots closed again. 1 on the wait list (timwong).

timwong
December 10, 2010, 12:34 AM
PM sent to Yosemite Sam

captain awesome
December 10, 2010, 01:42 AM
darn, oh well. if another person has this offer let me know in case I don't see it. already a member for the next 7 years, so I guess i can do it next year if not.

IMO the NRA is Not enough, but its the best thing we have. I wont be happy till we are back to the state we were in pre 1934. all those ridiculous NFA laws, every last one needs abolished. Ironic how criminals still get their hands on full autos, despite all these restrictions. A painful reminder of how gun-laws only hurt the lawful. And a slightly edited version of "Unintended Consequences" should be required reading in every school in America. HEARING THIS NRA?

macnewbie
December 10, 2010, 11:41 AM
I've sent Yosemite Sam a PM in case another slot opens up, but it looks like someone might have beaten me to it. If anyone else gets this offer, could you please PM me?

thanks in advance.

SwampWolf
December 10, 2010, 01:11 PM
Well done, tuckerdog1 and Yosemite Sam!

Yosemite Sam
December 11, 2010, 03:40 AM
For what it's worth, I'm not maintaining an actual "wait list," although I'm getting a steady stream of PMs from interested people. I might have opened a can of worms with that, so I apologize. :p It's nothing personal if I don't respond -- you'd be surprised how many new people are interested in this offer. $300 really is a steal.

Yosemite Sam
December 18, 2010, 05:32 PM
18 out of 20 checks received. I'm contacting the other two people, one was a new member and hasn't signed back in. Everything is on time though. Happy Holidays.

Vector
December 19, 2010, 12:09 AM
I sent mine in.

petros600
December 19, 2010, 11:33 PM
could you let me know if there is a spot for me?
Thanks

Yosemite Sam
December 22, 2010, 09:31 PM
Next person who PMs me gets the last spot that opened up. Only commit if you can mail out a $300 check Thursday or Friday of this week.

Edit: Sold!!!! To the gentleman in the back!

Vector
December 22, 2010, 11:09 PM
Does this mean we will all be waiting for them to send in a check before you send all the rest off :confused:

330d
December 23, 2010, 10:56 PM
Yosemite Sam- I am glad I jumped on this when I did. I am sure it was a bunch of work on your part to line this up for all of us lucky enough to get in on time. You are a good man for the effort put forth for us. Merry Christmas, and Thank you Sir!

stickhauler
December 24, 2010, 02:46 AM
Does this mean we will all be waiting for them to send in a check before you send all the rest off

Pretty much, he'd have to send it in complete rather than piecemeal. The best the sent me this year was an offer to upgrade to Endowment for $250.00, and I could sign up family members who were not current members for $19.00. I'm doing the Endowment (actually my wife's Christmas present to me), and maybe I'll get the offer to share with those here next year.

swc64844
December 24, 2010, 05:08 AM
Does anything count if your working on a lifetime and have paid some already?

tuckerdog1
December 24, 2010, 02:25 PM
For what it's worth, I'm not maintaining an actual "wait list,"

I tried that one year Sam. It was a real nightmare. So many folks that probably really wanted to take advantage of the offer, couldn't when it came back around. And a lot just never responded to the notice that the offer was back. So you never know when to say It's now open to new requests.

Does anything count if your working on a lifetime and have paid some already?

Sorry, that's a NO.

Tuckerdog1

tuckerdog1
January 3, 2011, 10:22 AM
For those of you that went with me, the packet has been sent. I'd have liked to get it in a little sooner, but..had a few last minute requests to get aboard.
A couple folks that claimed spots early, bowed out, so I had the room & gave these new folks a few extra days. That put us pretty close to Christmas, and I wasn't comfortable puttng it in the mail with all those cards and packages.

So, what to expect...

The 1st thing that will show the wheels are turning, are your checks beginning to clear. Depending on how quickly the NRA gets to processing, that could be a week to a month. Then SLOWLY, you'll get added to the rolls as Life Members ( either new members, or current members upgraded ). It's possible you'll get a packet in the mail before your membership status on the NRA web site shows you as a Life Member. Unless they've updated their 'systems', the web site doesn't communicate with the actual membership system. In the past, this has taken up to 3 months ( in ONE case last time, a lot longer than that ). So be patient. Hope it goes quicker though.

It would be nice, if once you see YOUR check has cleared, or you get your Life Member packet from the NRA, please post here, so others will know the processing is in the works, and things are moving forward.

And before anyone asks, I don't know if you'll be getting any special perks that come with a full price membership ( jacket, hat, knives, etc. ). I doubt it. I don't think anybody in the past, going with this $300 deal, got anything but the membership and maybe a window decal.

Welcome, new Life Members.

All the best for 2011 everyone,

Tuckerdog1

TigerBight
January 11, 2011, 07:14 AM
TY for the chance to be a life member at a reasonable cost.

xHypex
January 11, 2011, 10:20 PM
TY for the chance to be a life member at a reasonable cost.

Agreed... Thanks again Tuckerdog. My check just cleared yesterday, so they're on the ball this year.
-hype

LawScholar
January 12, 2011, 01:01 AM
Give us liberty or give us death to politicans and lawyers.

For the record, some of us that are studying law are extremely pro-2A.

pitsmile
January 12, 2011, 01:13 AM
Wow, I never saw this...well I got my new card for 2011 recently...until next time this deal is offered...

Grunt Medic TXARNG
January 12, 2011, 01:39 AM
Slight thread hijack - I received in the mail the offer to do a $500- life membership last year when I was home on leave from Iraq, and jumped on it. 4 months ago I got another offer, this one for benefator level, for $300- more and took it. Although NRA has done several things I haven't agreed with, it's been the one organization arguing for gun owners for over a century, and I do support it.

hurricanej
January 13, 2011, 05:38 PM
Mine cleared Jan 10.
Thank you, Tuckerdog1.

wgsigs
January 14, 2011, 01:04 AM
Check to NRA cleared today. Thanks tuckerdog1!

SgtBFGunner
January 14, 2011, 06:23 AM
Ditto on the check clearing!
Thanks Fred.
-Gary
NRA Life Member!

Diecast Monte
January 14, 2011, 09:16 AM
My check cleared Jan. 7 - I add my "thank you" to tuckerdog1 - very much appreciated!

AdotOdot4
January 15, 2011, 08:57 AM
My check has cleared as well.

Thanks tuckerdog1!

MO_mule
January 15, 2011, 10:27 PM
Gentlepeople,

I am a little late to the Life party but I would like to be put on the wait list, please. I don't get any offers by mail from the NRA because I asked them not to send me 'junk mail'. I sure don't consider a Life membership at a discount to be junk mail!

So, if anyone gets an offer, please let me know, or, please start a thread (so I'll see it sooner).

Thank you.

Chris

Yosemite Sam
January 16, 2011, 01:15 AM
Have any from my group had their checks clear? They received the packet January 3. Maybe it's not first come, first served. Hope it happens in the next 1-2 weeks.

maxthedog
January 18, 2011, 05:15 PM
Tuckerdog (and others waiting), I got my life packet in the mail today. It came with the certificate, membership card, a life member sew-on patch, couple of life member stickers and the life member pin. (I don't really need any more stuff than that!)

Thanks again for the opportunity to support the NRA at a lower price. With two kids in college, and just getting married (second for me, first for my wife), it helps out!

wgsigs
January 18, 2011, 07:17 PM
I also received my packet today. :) No cap like I got when I first joined back in the '80s though. Unfortunately they misspelled my name on all the membership doc. :( Hope it doesn't take too long to correct. Maybe they will send me a cap for my "trouble". ;)

AdotOdot4
January 18, 2011, 08:21 PM
My packet arrived today as well.

Thanks again!

Diecast Monte
January 18, 2011, 11:07 PM
I received my packet too!

Tuckerdog1 my sincere thanks to you for pushing the paperwork for us. It is appreciated more than words can express. It has been one of my key goals to be a Life Member. It was outside my reach until you and others like you helped get it done.

kitsune
January 18, 2011, 11:14 PM
A day late & a dollar short :(

Really good offer here, I hope someone offers this up next year & I'll gladly sign on (3rd of 5yr membership).

tuckerdog1
January 19, 2011, 11:59 AM
Great to hear folks are starting to get their stuff. Wgsigs, sorry about the spelling. I'm going to go check and see if I made that error, or the NRA.
I make copies of everything, hold them until it at least seems like everything has been processed & cleared, then to the shredder with it all. So I still have a copy of the application I sent in for ya.

If any of Sam's people have cleared checks, please post, so he'll know. Believe me, until we see that the NRA has the process under way, we worry.

Tuckerdog1

MrMike
January 19, 2011, 11:55 PM
My check cleared the 1st week of January and I received my welcome packet today. Aside from the offer being too good to pass up, I thought it important enough to sell a rifle to make this work during Xmas. Now that Shot Show is going on, I'm reminded I'll have to make amends for selling the rifle. :-)

Thanks, Tuckerdog...

Lee Roder
January 20, 2011, 01:39 AM
My check posted today, thanks Yosemite Sam!

docnyt
January 20, 2011, 04:18 AM
Got my packet yesterday. Thanks tuckerdog1!

SgtBFGunner
January 20, 2011, 06:39 AM
Received my Life package the other day as well.
Many thanks to tuckerdog1!

yoyo88
January 20, 2011, 09:23 AM
Thank you Yosemite Sam!
My bank account is 300$ less than last night! It is coming!

MasterShake
January 20, 2011, 09:57 AM
Thank you Yosemite Sam!
My bank account is 300$ less than last night! It is coming!
Same for me. Thanks a lot.

hurricanej
January 20, 2011, 11:29 PM
Got my life packet yesterday. Thank you very much, Tuckerdog1!

rdb2
January 21, 2011, 11:17 AM
Thanks tuckerdog1

Pancho Villa
January 21, 2011, 02:25 PM
I'd love to get in on this deal. I've decided to go life and am ready scratch the check for $600. But that don't make no sense if I can get an hermano to help out for $300. Anyone out there have a sponsorship deal they can share? Thanks!

330d
January 24, 2011, 02:46 PM
Got my packet today in the mail. Thanks again, Sam!

MasterShake
January 24, 2011, 06:12 PM
Got my packet too. Thanks Sam. Also for everyone who took advantage of this offer, make sure to send in the insurance form.

Vector
January 25, 2011, 03:44 PM
Is there a link or webpage you can see if your membership is active as a life member?

Beau93
January 25, 2011, 05:34 PM
Got my package as well. Thanks again, tuckerdog1.

G27RR
January 25, 2011, 10:03 PM
Is there a link or webpage you can see if your membership is active as a life member?
https://www.nramemberservices.org/Default.asp

It some times takes them a while to update the online status (or at least it used to). When I did mine, I had the card for several weeks before it switched my status online.

KYraj
January 27, 2011, 04:22 PM
Got my package. Thanks Sam.

fullthrottlelife82
January 27, 2011, 04:44 PM
I have spots available...

BullseyeX
January 27, 2011, 06:57 PM
I got my packet yesterday. Thank you Yosemite Sam!

docnyt
January 28, 2011, 03:48 AM
I'd love to get in on this deal. I've decided to go life and am ready scratch the check for $600. But that don't make no sense if I can get an hermano to help out for $300. Anyone out there have a sponsorship deal they can share? Thanks!
You may want to contact fullthrottlelife82 ^^^^^^

ibuytoys
January 28, 2011, 06:14 PM
Thanks for making me aware of this. I updated my membership to life and signed up the kids too!!!

Pancho Villa
January 29, 2011, 04:44 PM
PM'ed fullthrottlelife82. Thank you!

Bello
January 29, 2011, 05:33 PM
i pm'd you also fullthrottle let me know

hotajax
January 29, 2011, 08:07 PM
Thanks for handling that life member arrangement. Good deal all the way around.

For you who look for little things to criticze the NRA over, wake up!! The Giffords thing is going to make the scenery very very unpleasant for us over the next few years. If you can't get off your tail and join at whatever level, than you are part of the problem.

dirtriderdan
February 7, 2011, 05:57 PM
If anyone can provide me with their lifetime membership or higher sponsor ID I can just do this myself and there doesn't need to be any additional administration headaches around it. I called the NRA lifetime membership line this morning and verified that all I need is the sponsor ID. Then I can provide my info and payment directly. I'm not sure why they just wouldn't take my money without a sponsor ID because it's not like they don't need the money and numbers to help the cause. In any case I'm in as soon as I get a sponsor. Thanks in advance to anyone willing to do that.

Dilemma
February 12, 2011, 10:32 AM
NRA Life Member... I need sponsorship, please help.

Thanks

TigerBight
February 16, 2011, 09:01 PM
Just returned from my 3 weeks on shift at work. life membership was home waiting for me. Thanks again Tuckerdog1

MasterShake
February 17, 2011, 02:58 AM
How long does it take to get your first magazine in the mail?

lonestar0
February 21, 2011, 08:03 PM
I'm looking for NRA life member sponsor help also. MUCH APPRECIATED! Thank you

wgsigs
February 21, 2011, 10:36 PM
How long does it take to get your first magazine in the mail?
I got my first membership packet (name misspelled) on 1/16 and a corrected one on 1/24. I received my American Rifleman last Friday, 2/18, if that helps - so about a month? It may depend on what time of the month they process your membership relative to when the magazines ship out each month.

homers
February 24, 2011, 09:36 PM
I'm looking for NRA life member sponsor also, please PM if you can help me out.

ReadyontheRight
February 25, 2011, 12:12 AM
Got my membership a few weeks ago and first magazine this week. Thanks Tuckerdog1!

bigdealdave
March 22, 2011, 12:19 PM
Please sponsor me for a NRA lifetime member ship.

I am 27, just got my instructor's license and want to be able to tell my students that I am a lifetime NRA member. Please PM me.

I would be wiling to pay you for you time and trouble via PayPal.com. I called NRA and they said the NRA life member will have a form he received in the mail? After asking a few more question the lady on the phone said to get the member to NRA-activate.org.

Thank you.

bigdealdave
March 23, 2011, 06:03 PM
I got it thanks, for the help. The first time I called some mean lady told me it was over and would not answer any of my questions before she hung up. But I called back today and a very nice man helped me and took my $300.

I AM NOW A PROUD NRA LIFE MEMBER.

Being only 27 I think I will get my $300 worth.:neener:

medalguy
March 23, 2011, 09:15 PM
I called yesterday and spoke to someone about life membership for my son. I've been a lifer since 1969 and they very graciously told me sure thing. Another life member signed up.

D94R
March 23, 2011, 11:50 PM
Anyone willing to do another life sponsor on me? It's about time I do my part and join!

blue_ridge
September 16, 2011, 11:34 PM
This is an awfully nice service by Tuckerdog. I became a Life member last year with his help and am very glad I did. Take him up on his offer while it is available!

dacotah
September 16, 2011, 11:56 PM
Hi folks - I'm an NRA member, but if this deal comes up again, I'd love to be able to be an NRA Life Member.

Thanks

stickhauler
September 17, 2011, 02:10 AM
Well guys, the life membership specials seem to come around towards the end of the year, so be sure to keep an eye out here. Last year a couple of folks here offered to share in the wealth, I'm sure there will be a few this year as well. The only offer I got last year was to upgrade my life to the next step, and to add family members as life members, which I acted on. That ended up being a big old check to headquarters from my account, but I feel every penny was money well invested.

xtratoy
October 15, 2011, 02:56 PM
Are there any Life membership deals happening?

mgmorden
October 15, 2011, 05:14 PM
I've never understood this: if your goal is to "support" the NRA financially, then what good is it in "shopping around" for a "deal" on membership? Any money you save is money they don't receive, so unless you just want your name on the mailing lists, saving money on your membership isn't doing them (or you) any good.

I say that merely from an outside perspective. I don't really support NRA one way or another (I occasionally do the "Round-up" donations to them when buying things, but that's about it).

Trebor
October 15, 2011, 11:57 PM
I've never understood this: if your goal is to "support" the NRA financially, then what good is it in "shopping around" for a "deal" on membership? Any money you save is money they don't receive, so unless you just want your name on the mailing lists, saving money on your membership isn't doing them (or you) any good.

There is more then one reason for a life membership. Some people like the convenience of not having to renew, or the fact that being a "Life member" implies a higher level of commitment than the average member.

There are plenty of people who would love to be a life member, but can't afford the whole fee up front. Full price is pretty steep.

From the NRA point of view, a life member is a member they don't have to worry about retaining. They've made the sale. Even if it's a reduced rate, it's a life membership sale they probably would not have made otherwise.

And, if these "discount life members" want to contribute more financially in the future when they can afford it, they can always upgrade to Endowment Member, or just donate.

One other thing: If you are a NRA Training Counselor, (the instructor who creates instructors) you *must* maintain a NRA membership, without lapse, in order to maintain your status as a TC. If your membership lapses because you forgot to renew, you lose your TC creds and have to take the classes again and reapply. I know several TC's who became life members just so they would never have to worry about that issue.

CZguy
October 16, 2011, 01:30 AM
One other thing: If you are a NRA Training Counselor, (the instructor who creates instructors) you *must* maintain a NRA membership, without lapse, in order to maintain your status as a TC. If your membership lapses because you forgot to renew, you lose your TC creds and have to take the classes again and reapply. I know several TC's who became life members just so they would never have to worry about that issue.

I was an annual member for over thirty years before upgrading to life membership.

With the amount of renewal notifications that the NRA sends out, I don't see how anyone could miss maintaining an annual membership.

Trebor
October 18, 2011, 11:44 PM
I was an annual member for over thirty years before upgrading to life membership.

With the amount of renewal notifications that the NRA sends out, I don't see how anyone could miss maintaining an annual membership.

True, but if you are a TC its one less thing to worry about. If your membership lapses, for even a day, you lose your TC status. Considering how expensive and time consuming TC training is, and how relatively rarely it's offered, it's cheap insurance against an uninentional lapse causing big problems.

danoam
October 19, 2011, 12:22 AM
I didn't read the entire thread, but I am and Easy Pay Life Member. I pay $25 each quarter until the life membership is paid off. Sometimes if I can afford more, I pay more. You can even set it up so the payments are made automatic each time on a credit card.

Dnaltrop
October 19, 2011, 03:49 AM
+ 1 for the Easy Pay Life team.

The $300 sounds great, but I'll stick to getting more money into the NRA's hands, albeit slooooowly.

Biggest dog in the fight deserves more milk-bones.

fullthrottlelife82
November 26, 2011, 12:44 PM
The gift life membership is back for $300 again...if you would like me to sponsor please pm me and I will give you the details. (I require small donation that goes to NRA).

If you enjoyed reading about "NRA Life Membership $300 Again" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!