France does it again

PDA

telewinz
January 23, 2003, 07:41 PM
Time and time again since Waterloo the French have been all too eager to talk, talk, talk,:banghead: when fighting was the only reasonable solution. Thats why they have not been able to defend themselves since 1871, there military technology is strictly 2nd class because France only spends 1% of their GNP on defense. Hell, the Iraq war has not even started and France has already surrendered:cuss: . Must be something in their wine.:fire:

If you enjoyed reading about "France does it again" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Waitone
January 23, 2003, 07:50 PM
The French have a serious problem other than just being French.

1>The country figures large in the rebuilding of Iraq after the first war. They are particularly adept at nuclear infrastructure and pharmaceuitcals. They do not want the US in there nosing around since it will come out how cozy they were with Sadaam.

2>A large percentage of the total population is Muslim. The ruling class fears said population will go nutso if and when the US drops the hammer.

3>If they don't play in the second war, I'm sure Bush has clearly explained the French will get nothing of the rebuild. Ergo, they have to support a war which they would normally opposed due to #2 above.

Interesting situation since the French have a long history of sleep with Islamist dogs (i.e. Komani). Only now do they complain about the fleas.

Wildalaska
January 23, 2003, 07:52 PM
This thread has nothing to do with guns.....

But its about the French! Lets rock!

Wildlovesa2ndclasscountrywithfirstclasspretensionsAlaska

Nightcrawler
January 23, 2003, 07:56 PM
One of my professors (the coolest one, in fact) refers to France as a third world country.

heh.

El Tejon
January 23, 2003, 08:45 PM
It's all about the Benjamins. France and Dutchland were best buddies with Iraq and still are. One of the Iraqi weapons research facilities is nicknamed "Sauerkraut Boulevard."

Iraq is not destitute; they have plenty of petro dollars to give Euro bankers.

Nothing against money. It's just not in the French or the Germans interests to attack their revenue stream.

Woodchuck
January 23, 2003, 09:39 PM
Jaques Shirak's wife has more balls than he has. I can't imagine having a gutless leader like him in our country. If G.W. was like him we would be surrendering to Sadaam H. tommorow. Never trust anyone who fights with his feet and f--ks with his face. It can only mean one thing. NO BALLS!

Marko Kloos
January 23, 2003, 09:47 PM
You know, I should probably move this over to Legal & Political, but I think I'll just close it instead. Gotta love it when foreign policy and current events are discussed in such an even-handed and well-mannered form.

If you enjoyed reading about "France does it again" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!