Federal Ordinance M-14a

PDA

rmsig
November 23, 2010, 07:12 PM
I received in trade a Fed Ord m 14 A. What can anyone tell me about this rifle?

If you enjoyed reading about "Federal Ordinance M-14a" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
jeepguy
November 24, 2010, 11:53 PM
im only familiar with m1a's but if you don't find out here you can try the m14 firing line forum. they can tell you anything you want to know about the m14/m1a series of rifles.

dogsoldier0513
November 25, 2010, 08:29 AM
I had one in the early '90s. IIRC, I paid just under $500 for it. Mine was SUPER accurate, especially with the addition of an A.R.M.S. mount and B&L 6X target scope and Harris bipod.

The receivers are cast, not forged, but all other parts, barrels, trigger group, etc are USGI.

Unless you plan on shooting thousands of rounds out of it, it should last your lifetime w/o too many...if any...problems.

henschman
November 25, 2010, 10:40 AM
They are made by a company that is now out of business. They have their own cast receivers (kind of like Springfield), and are built with GI parts. They are fairly well-regarded among M1A shooters. I'd say at least on par with SAI.

If you enjoyed reading about "Federal Ordinance M-14a" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!