got a new Colt today...

PDA

Billmanweh
December 21, 2003, 10:28 PM
I traded for a stock NRM Commander this afternoon and this thing is gorgeous! I love my Glocks, but there's something kind of reassuring about a metal and wood gun. I also really like the no-front-cocking-serrations-no-beavertail look, just a plain blued colt.

So far all I've done is field strip it and put it back together over and over while I watch football. Now I just need to find a reason to drop the $530 and pick up it's big brother to keep it company...

If you enjoyed reading about "got a new Colt today..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
NJ3
December 21, 2003, 10:40 PM
Congratulations on the new pistol. I see "NRM" when referring to some Colt 1911 pistols. What is a "NRM"?

I just recently picked up a SA 1911 and I'm already looking for another 1911.

10-Ring
December 21, 2003, 10:48 PM
Merry Christmas! Sounds like you've got yourself a new friend :D Congrats!!

longtom4570
December 21, 2003, 11:42 PM
NRM=New roll mark. Besides who needs a reason to buy a gun:D :D

dsk
December 22, 2003, 12:08 AM
NJ3, a couple of years ago Colt upgraded their utt-bugly M1991A1-marked guns. Besides numerous QC enhancements, they now have polished slide/frame flats and a pleasing new slide rollmark, hence the "NRM" name. Instead of "M1991A1" in Sesame Street-sized letters they now say "Colt's Government Model" (or Commander).

BigG
December 22, 2003, 10:11 AM
So, Dana, has Colt discontinued the Government Model, which was a distinct model and above the 1991A1 for many years? In other words the 1991 and GM have been merged into one gun and the next thing up is the GC? TIA

George

If you enjoyed reading about "got a new Colt today..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!