Shooting in S.E. Michigan

PDA

JCools
November 25, 2010, 12:10 PM
Looking for something other than punching holes in paper, in S.E. Michigan. Any suggestions?

If you enjoyed reading about "Shooting in S.E. Michigan" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
HOWARD J
November 25, 2010, 12:46 PM
GOOD LUCK////////
These days I drive 70 miles to a state rifle range

1SOW
November 25, 2010, 06:33 PM
JCools: This gentleman (G-ManBart) lives on Grosse Ile island in the Detroit River just east of Trenton MI, and he is an avid and very knowledgeable USPSA/Steel competitor. Contact him on the brianenos.com forum. I'm sure he knows ALL the places to shoot in S.E. MI.

MikePGS
November 25, 2010, 09:53 PM
The Detroit Sportsman's Congress in Utica has IDPA matches. I'm not sure when they are though it's either every Saturday or one Saturday a month. There are a couple other places in the area with matches, just go to the IDPA website or the IPSC website.

Pilot375
November 28, 2010, 10:13 PM
Any luck? I visit Trenton a month or so every year and never found a good place.

TonyT
November 29, 2010, 01:50 PM
I am from SW Michigan and have a number of clubs in our area thus have not travelled to the Detroit area. I did shoot several matches at the Capitol Cities club near Lansing. There were many shooters from the Detroit area and they mentioned another club but I forget the name. Check the NRA website for clubs in your area and then contact them for specifics or check their websites.

bigalexe
December 5, 2010, 04:46 PM
Can you be a little more specific than SE Michigan? I live above Detroit and have a few different clubs I can go to. I know 3-gun is in Livingston to and Blue Water has at least 1 3-gun match a year. DSC as mentioned has some competition and I am guessing that North Macomb has some.

Trap leagues are at almost every club around.

HiWayMan
December 14, 2010, 07:34 AM
Tri-County Sportsman's League in Saline, MI has IDPA shoots monthly.

jibbs
December 14, 2010, 05:03 PM
Try this website, http://www.raccoonhunters.org/links

This is the Wayne County Racoon Hunters Gunclub, the have IDPA practices once a week as well USPSA/IPSC. This link takes you to a bunch of other clubs they are affiliated with. Most of them offer practice sessions at different times of the week so you could practice all week long if you wanted too. Think they only charge $5 for IDPA practice and it is a very great group of guys and gals who run it.

If you enjoyed reading about "Shooting in S.E. Michigan" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!