just bought a Taurus 94 .22LR...

PDA

gofastman
November 25, 2010, 02:05 PM
against the advice of many on here, and boy am I glad I did! Its exactly what I wanted in a .22 revolver; small frame, high capacity, simple, etc.

i have only put about 150 rounds through it so far, mostly Aguila Colibris, so i hope I dont end up eating my words later on down the line.

Anyway, my question is this; can I simply swap out the cylinders with the model 941 and fire .22 magnum out of this gun?

If you enjoyed reading about "just bought a Taurus 94 .22LR..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Dan-O
November 26, 2010, 11:02 AM
Don't know about your question. But I wanted to chime in that I bought a 94 this last summer. I have about 1000 rounds through it so far. It is fun, other than trying to fire it double action. It def. loosens up after a couple hundred rounds are run through it.

oldfool
November 27, 2010, 09:47 AM
"against the advice of many on here"
well sure you can, go right ahead and do that !

just kidding, of course
no, don't do that, it really only works if you get a 22LR cylinder factory retro-fitted to a 22WMR gun... not a good thing to do the opposite of, not even a factory fitted cylinder, unless the bore of that 94 is just a teeny tad sloppy
but do feel free to ignore that ;)

PS
the good news is, you can buy both the Taurus 94 and 941 for the price of a classic 4" model 63 or 651 S&W
the bad news is... you can buy both the Taurus 94 and 941 for the price of a classic 4" model 63 or 651 S&W
but have fun, and they are all fun !

Steve C
November 27, 2010, 01:56 PM
can I simply swap out the cylinders with the model 941 and fire .22 magnum out of this gun?

Short answer; no you can't.

Revolvers with dual cylinders have them fitted to the gun and they don't swap between different revolvers without potential timing issues even if they hold the same number of rounds. If a 941 .22 mag cylinder will even fit it holds one less round and for that reason alone it will not work as the mechanism for the 94 .22 LR is designed for 9 rounds and would not rotate or align the cylinder for 8 shots correctly.

hardluk1
November 27, 2010, 06:46 PM
Like other said for get the mag cylinder ,has to be fit and will cost you. You can get some really hot 22 lr that don't give up much to a 22 mag in a handgun. + the 22 mags are really hard on ears if you forget your muffs and cost up to 3 times as much to shoot. I have a old model 94 and love it . Also works very well for basic control and muscle memery for a small 38sp revolver for carry. Shot it so much i had to finally send it back to tune it up. Took all of 2 weeks door to door and back like new and it did cost shipping only. Had it my be 20 years.

Bill B.
November 27, 2010, 07:12 PM
just bought a Taurus 94 .22LR...

have only put about 150 rounds through it so far

Just curious ............how many were fired double action and did you have any snaps?

If you enjoyed reading about "just bought a Taurus 94 .22LR..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!