Bought a new savage mk2 but NICS is down >.<

PDA

bsctov
November 26, 2010, 04:15 PM
Just got home from dicks, got the rifle and a barska scope, plus the manager gave me a $20 bill for the inconvenience (Wow!)

Now since it's a friday, even if nics comes back up today, I will certainly be "Delayed" and then probably wont be "Proceeded" until Tuesday at the earliest.

Lame. Paid $150.

If you enjoyed reading about "Bought a new savage mk2 but NICS is down >.<" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Ed Wagner
November 26, 2010, 06:04 PM
Nice buy, got one for my son a while back, Mk.II G . Nice wood, GREAT accuracy from the start. Got a 4X scope on it now, one hole groups are common,( for my son 21yoa, I'm almost 60 with Trifocals.)

Erik M
November 26, 2010, 10:21 PM
Why do you automatically assume that you will recieve a delayed response?

WalkAbout
November 26, 2010, 10:30 PM
Why do you automatically assume that you will recieve a delayed response?

Probably because of the sheer number of inquiries today. I know two of my local gun shops running Black Friday deals had lines of people waiting outside for background checks to go through. One of them easily had 50-60 people backed up.

b

John Wayne
November 26, 2010, 10:51 PM
Lots of folks here in SC had the same problem. The FFL dealers were attributing it to the influx in sales over the tax-free gun holiday (today and tomorrow in SC) and regular "Black Friday" specials.

bsctov
November 27, 2010, 12:27 AM
bdubz0r, I have a restraining order on my record that has been cleared up, and it was never a disqualifying relationship either, but they still freak out everytime, VAF is in process.

BP Hunter
November 27, 2010, 12:10 PM
I have had times when the NICS was overloaded with calls and had to put me on delays, but would always ended up with a proceed 15 minutes later. The longest I have ever had to wait was 2 hours.

Kentucky_Rifleman
November 28, 2010, 12:55 AM
The only greater joy than going about legally armed is the same CCW that lets me carry also lets me skip that bothersome phone check.

KR

bsctov
November 28, 2010, 07:58 AM
I'm really hoping the A-OK from the feds comes soon, That savage is a really cool rifle, and the scope they gave me is pretty nifty too.

Tinpig
November 28, 2010, 08:26 AM
Does that have the Accu-trigger? I just got a Model 14 in .223 and that trigger is unbelievable. Beautiful rifle and shoots to match its looks.
No more alibis for me!;)

Tinpig

bsctov
November 28, 2010, 09:56 AM
Yes :)

If you enjoyed reading about "Bought a new savage mk2 but NICS is down >.<" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!