Black Powder Recommendations?

PDA

Sandy50
November 27, 2010, 10:14 PM
Greetings Black Powder Shooters:

I've been reading a lot lately about the various black powders out there as I begin to gather components for reloading. I would appreciate any recommendations from fellow black powder shooters of how your powder of choice has performed. I expect I will experimenting with GOEX, Swiss, and a couple of others I have read about.

After some research I suspect I will use Starline brass, Federal 215 Large Rifle Mag primers, #457125 Lyman 525 gr bullet lubed with SPG, and a John Walter vegetable fiber wad. I am leaning toward the Swiss just because I know top shooters have gotten good results.

Well good people, what has worked for you?

Best regards,

Sandy

If you enjoyed reading about "Black Powder Recommendations?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
ArchAngelCD
November 28, 2010, 03:56 AM
Swiss Black Powder works well.

Graf & Sons (http://www.grafs.com/retail/catalog/category/categoryId/3501) markets their own Black powder for a lot less than Swill and it's made by Schwarzpulver in Germany which is a reputable company.

If you enjoyed reading about "Black Powder Recommendations?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!