AMT Automag IV .45 Win Mag

PDA

IBEWBULL
November 30, 2010, 10:04 PM
I have two friends with AMT Automag IV .45 Win Magnums.

If anyone knows a source for magazines for this fine gun would you please let me know.
I will pass it on to them.
Thanks in advance and Have a Merry Christmas.

If you enjoyed reading about "AMT Automag IV .45 Win Mag" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Roughneck08
December 1, 2010, 04:26 AM
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=202730490

Good luck

outerlimit
December 1, 2010, 04:32 AM
I have two friends with AMT Automag IV .45 Win Magnums.

Holy crap, that's gotta be interesting, I'd like to peek into their safes..

.45WinMag is a great round, I wish it were more popular.

IBEWBULL
December 1, 2010, 03:51 PM
Thanks for the Gun Broker link. That was for the Grizely gun not the AMT though.

WC145
December 1, 2010, 07:50 PM
Go here - http://www.gunpartscorp.com/catalog/Products.aspx?catid=8705 - they've got mag bodies with and without floor plates and followers available. Your friends can probably get springs from Wolff.

FLAvalanche
December 2, 2010, 08:20 PM
Whoa.

Did I just read "AMT" and "fine gun" in the same post?

Never thought that would happen.

outerlimit
December 4, 2010, 07:48 PM
Some AMT's are pretty fine guns, others are crap. Most of the AMT's I've used or seen were in the decent category. Especially compared to some of the garbage out there nowadays.

Messenger Guard
December 5, 2010, 06:56 PM
Always wanted to shoot that round out of a LAR Grizzly or Wildey. Sorry no help on mags.

IBEWBULL
December 6, 2010, 02:14 AM
Thanks for all the info , Bill is building some magazines from the bodies , followers and springs he found with help from all the brothers in arms on this site.
I hope you all have a Merry Christmas.

FLAvalanche
December 6, 2010, 02:38 PM
Some AMT's are pretty fine guns

I wholeheartedly agree. However the Hardballers have caused everything associated with AMT to be ruled garbage.

W. Fargo
December 10, 2010, 06:21 AM
A friend of mine has an AMT automag IV only in 10mm magnum.
Due to the shape of the barrel it seems to be a prototype...
A beautiful pistol, but like most AMTs lots of issues with reliability.
He does however have a whole bunch of mags with it and these mags are for the .45winmag (he had 10 mags to begin with) He does not need them all, and does not want to make "big bucks" on them.... I believe he just sold two for 60,- a piece or so....
And yes, you read correctly 60 EUROS... .we're in the Netherlands, so that makes things a bit more difficult.
Anyway, I will ask him if he still wants to sell a few.

And even though it is almost a "single shot" pistol, I love the look and feel of an AMT automag. Just my personal opinion. It is realy something different.

Greets,

J.W.

IBEWBULL
December 13, 2010, 12:46 AM
I think Bill has plenty to work with and thanks all the info. I sent you his e mail address in a PM.

If you enjoyed reading about "AMT Automag IV .45 Win Mag" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!