Glasses for shooting

PDA

Sin City Shootist
December 1, 2010, 03:50 PM
I've been wearing contacts for a while and lately they've become a pain in the rear. Constantly drying up and loss of vision when out at the range. I'm considering going back to just plain ole glasses. Is there a particular design that works well while laying in prone? Seems the upper part of the frame is just about dead even with the horizontal reticle. Sure makes it tough to see that target.

I'm not seeing the glasses store allowing me to bring a R700 in and lay on the floor to see if a design of frame will work.

Mods move if the thread belongs somewhere else.

If you enjoyed reading about "Glasses for shooting" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Dr.Rob
December 1, 2010, 04:00 PM
Wiley Blink series with actual lens curvature... they are not cheap at $400ish but the best pair of sports/prescription glasses I have ever had. Use mine for shooting for roller derby for riding... really great set up and adds peripheral vision.

Dr.Rob
December 1, 2010, 04:01 PM
BTW this should be in general.... it's firearms related but not a direct accessory.

Sin City Shootist
December 1, 2010, 04:04 PM
Ouch, that's gonna hurt the wallet.

Wasn't sure where to post, and I did consider the accessories forum but figured it mainly for rifle shooting.

Dr.Rob
December 1, 2010, 04:09 PM
You'll also get more responses here. My solution is but one of many.

Sin City Shootist
December 1, 2010, 04:09 PM
Any particular frame design? Looks like they have a 21 different models and the price is under $100 (plus lenses).

Dr.Rob
December 1, 2010, 04:18 PM
"X Blink" is the frame model I have.
http://www.opticsplanet.net/wiley-x-blink-rx-sunglasses.html

I had mine tinted and I have a custom prescription and I didn't buy them online, hence the cost.

The XL's are much larger and are the ones used by the military:

http://www.opticsplanet.net/wileyx-xl-1-rx-sunglasses.html

Like I said I play a full contact sport with mine.. these are really rough and tumble frames.

Sin City Shootist
December 1, 2010, 04:25 PM
Thanks, page bookmarked. Nice to see all the options, looks like they might workout pretty good.

If you enjoyed reading about "Glasses for shooting" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!