Totally puzzled a gun store owner

PDA

Gouranga
December 1, 2010, 05:51 PM
So I am looking for a gun for my home that I can use but more importantly my wife can use. She is a real new shooter and with a lot of pistols has trouble pulling back the slide.

So before anyone says it. Revolver. Easier to use, more reliable, etc etc. I know the logically sound arguments. I believe them, I don't think anything in them is untrue or wrong.

So when the gun store owner starts down that road, I inform him. I HATE revolvers. I hate the look of them, I hate the feel of them, I just hate them. I cannot tell you why. I just do. It is irrational, from a firearm perspective they are in a lot of ways superior to pistols but I am so in love with a the 1911, or Beretta, or even my M&P, I just do not like them. Heck I like our KelTec P11, more than any revolver. Makes no rational sense, just what I like.

Luckily the clerk had a great sense of humor, said he can't argue with insanity and helped me look through the autoloaders he had.

So, I am curious anyone else out there have a similar type of hangup when it comes to a particular type of firearm?

If you enjoyed reading about "Totally puzzled a gun store owner" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
CoRoMo
December 1, 2010, 05:57 PM
Yep. I can't bear the sight of a PS90. But he's right, you can't fix crazy.

cmfireman
December 1, 2010, 05:58 PM
Form follows function. If it works, I'll use it. If not, you can keep it.

Same reason I carry a G26. It's ugly and has no soul, but damn if it doesn't go bang every time.

mstrat
December 1, 2010, 06:01 PM
Glocks.

Maybe it's because I'm sick of hearing about them, how great they are, and how they can slice bread, make toast, and water the garden.
Or maybe it's how they just look ugly.
Or maybe it's the stupid name.
Or maybe it's the weird grip angle*(1)
Or maybe it's that they're popular and i don't want to drink the kool aid.

Or maybe, probably, it's irrational. I just don't like glocks.

*(1) ok, this is actually a valid thing I legitimately and rationally don't like about them. Probably the only rational reason I could come up with.

therewolf
December 1, 2010, 06:01 PM
Hi Gouranga,

Welcome to The High Road.

Ascetically, I can't stand Glocks, and snub-nose revolvers.

I like the 1911A1, Beretta, even a CZ75, but certain guns are just very unappealing.

Justin
December 1, 2010, 06:06 PM
So, I am curious anyone else out there have a similar type of hangup when it comes to a particular type of firearm?

As in do I have completely irrational lists of reasons for not liking particular guns?

Nope, sorry.

hardluk1
December 1, 2010, 06:44 PM
You did say something your wife can also shoot???? You are all ready pistol pour soooo. Better let her buy what she would like to shoot with the advise of someone other than you. It can come back to haunt you one day. Oh, yes you are completly irrational.

zoom6zoom
December 1, 2010, 06:44 PM
The obvious solution is to get what you want for you, and get a wheelgun for your better half...assuming that's what she wants.

cesarv
December 1, 2010, 06:50 PM
For some weird reason, I don't like Glocks. Maybe it's because I hear them all the time in Rap music.

Erik M
December 1, 2010, 06:50 PM
Glocks.

Maybe it's because I'm sick of hearing about them, how great they are, and how they can slice bread, make toast, and water the garden.
That about sums up how I feel about Sig's. You cant read through an EDC thread without someone singing the praises of the p238 holy grail (their opinion) of concealed carry. I'd buy a Glock first.

Pronghorn
December 1, 2010, 06:53 PM
i cant stand the sight of single action revolvers. I would like to own one, but the sight of it turns me off right away.

rainbowbob
December 1, 2010, 06:59 PM
I am looking for a gun for my home that I can use but more importantly my wife can use. She is a real new shooter and with a lot of pistols has trouble pulling back the slide.

I'm also totally puzzled. I can't understand why your admittedly irrational distaste for revolvers has anything to do with the selection of a suitable firearm for your wife (who has trouble with slides).

Since you already know that a semi-auto is probably unsuitable for her, I suggest you go to a range where she can rent and try a few revolvers and decide for herself.

bigfatdave
December 1, 2010, 07:03 PM
So I am looking for a gun for my home that I can use but more importantly my wife can use. And where is she during these shopping trips?
Does she dislike revolvers also?

The Don
December 1, 2010, 07:09 PM
Gouranga,

You are not alone! I hate inline muzzleloaders!! Cant stand them was once given one and sold it as fast as I could. I don't know why I just don't like them. Maybe because I was brought up on the old stuff. Maybe its because I'm sick of hearing about them. Everyone telling me they are so much better. Like my grandpa use to say "if it aint broke dont fix it!" It also may be the Fond memories of helping my grandpa cast balls and bullets. Oh then there was powder Sunday the 1st Sunday of every month we would spend making powder. oh the good old days the smoke and roar of his old .79 caliber musket, the coon dogs yelping in the background. What fun, if only I could go back.

2RCO
December 1, 2010, 07:19 PM
I have a rather decent collection of pistols and recently found the same thing about the lady I've been dating. Can't rack a slide on anything some of the Walthers like the PPS she can almost manipulate but the 1911 full size and Officer's, P3AT, LCP, Micro DE, Colt 1903, Beretta 92 etc. are all a No Go. She for some reason doesn't like the feel of a revolver (so we have your problem). A lady at a gun show suggested a Beretta with a tip up barrel because you can carry it w/o one in the pipe and slip a round in. After you pull the trigger for the first shot it cycles itself. This to me sounds like a PITA to carry a loose round other than the mag.

So basically this leaves the option of something like a Bond Derringer.

sappyg
December 1, 2010, 07:21 PM
meh... if you're so hung up on a semi auto that your wife can use there are several options.
1. loaded round in the chamber with the safety on.
2. beretta makes the 'tomcat' that tips up the barrel if i'm not mistaken. had one in 22 lr and it was great!
3. let your wife pick out what she can use and YOU learn to deal with it.
4. glocks are good... see #1 :D

as for me i would use anything i could get my hands on. but that's just me. i might not prefer it but there you have it. you're lucky your wife is even willing to pull a trigger if need be. mine would not.

Freedom_fighter_in_IL
December 1, 2010, 07:25 PM
As most the others here have said, it really doesn't make a tinkers damn what YOU like and can shoot well. It matters what SHE can competently fire and operate with confidence. To put it about as bluntly as possible, in the worse case scenario, you want a weapon in her hands that she can defend herself in the event of an aggressor. If you aren't there, then your aversion to revolvers is not only irrational, but also puts HER life in danger. If my wife can fire a .380 efficiently and can operate it under pressure then that is the best weapon for her. Not a weapon I would carry but what I like doesn't matter. She has 2 little .380's that she likes to shoot. a p232 and a p238. Both of which she can keep them in the 10 ring at 25 feet very consistently. This is what matters, not your aversions. She also has a Lady Smith .38sp that she can smoke away a BG very confidently with if the need arose. If we could carry in this forsaken state I am quite positive she would carry the p232 in a holster and the Lady Smith in her purse. None of the weapons she is efficient with would be worth a dime in my hands because they are so small (Im a big guy with big hands and they literally disappear in my hands) except for her Lady smith which I can shoot fairly well. But she shoots them VERY well and I for one would not wish to be on the receiving end of her wrath. This is what is important.

Imon
December 1, 2010, 07:27 PM
I've learned to temper my "hatred" (dislike?) of guns so that I'm a lot more mellow with certain guns that get a lot of hatred. Some guns that still get my blood going are the Taurus Judge, and those who think it is the ULTIMATE HOME DEFENSE GUN, the Desert Eagle, and kids who ask if we carry Glock 18s. Once I had a grown man ask me where we keep the Glocks so I showed him. After about a minute he timidly asked me which one the porcelain Glock was - no joke. But I didn't get mad - we had a good laugh over that.

Also, a little tip for the OP, I don't know how you feel about .380s but out of every auto I've ever handled the PK380 has, by far, the easiest to rack slide. It should be no problem for most women.

SpaceFrank
December 1, 2010, 07:29 PM
OP, I would see how your wife feels about revolvers before you make the decision for her.

But for you and 2RCO: I personally dislike the gun for a number of reasons, but the Walther PK380 has a very easy slide pull.

oldbanjo
December 1, 2010, 07:37 PM
I hate Auto's and I wouldn't own a 1911. I've had many good Auto's, Browning High Power, Rugers many, but I like Revolvers and always have. I can't explain it.

Dookie
December 1, 2010, 07:49 PM
I have always found revolvers to be boring, single actions I find totally useless, I can cock a double action if need be.I also cannot stand lever actions.
I like fast and efficient with lots of rounds. One very large benefit to revolvers is they are much more effective with magnum rounds, 357, 41, 44, ect. But I also don't have any bolt or pump firearms (one old bolt 22 that is fun). G20, AR10, and 935. I see a theme with my preferences, all semi auto and powerful.

InkEd
December 1, 2010, 07:56 PM
Try and Kahr CW9.

wrs840
December 1, 2010, 08:01 PM
My wife doesn't favor a few guns that I like, and vice versa.

Being a rational pair, we don't try to tell each other which guns to like and not like.

I suppose I would draw the line just short of letting her insist on carrying a Raven .25. Luckily, there's no chance that will become a topic she'd consider.

Les

Caribou96
December 1, 2010, 08:06 PM
Pump rifles.

clutch
December 1, 2010, 08:10 PM
You should find a trainer, a woman trainer even better, let her get some instruction and then let her pick out her firearm.

Here is a website your wife might want to peruse, http://corneredcat.com/TOC.aspx, it wouldn't hurt you to read it. Good info there.

HTH,

Clutch

yeti
December 1, 2010, 08:15 PM
I hate guns that don't function when I need them to.

WALKERs210
December 1, 2010, 08:24 PM
This is one of those "for what it's worth" statements. The only auto that I don' like is the GLOCK. Like others have said no particular reason, just don't care for them. Since the first 1911 I picked up and fired it has been a love affair that has never dimmed. Revolvers with the exception of a few oddities I have no problem with, love the Smith model 10 over all. Latest revolver I have acquired is a BP 1847 Walker, takes a life time to reload, but it is just big and nasty looking and still a work of art. With 45g of 3F BP it doesn't kick but a strong PUSH with big billowing smoke cloud

JEB
December 1, 2010, 08:30 PM
Gouranga: you might take a look at the walther pk380. i havent shot one but the slide is about as stiff as one on a .22 and i have read several positive reviews on them.

as far as my dislikes......tacticool and plastic. loaded down ar's and such are just a turn off to me. the worst of all is one of those "scout" m1a's. or as i like to call them, a once excellent shooting classic battle rifle that has been chopped down, wood burned off to be replaced by plastic, too many rails stuck on, and made to appeal to call of duty gamers.

to make even less sense about my dislike for plastic....i carry a glock :what:. it has no soul at all but it works. ill carry it in a holster, but i would never hang it on a wall or put it in a glass case.

Mr.Davis
December 1, 2010, 08:39 PM
Some autoloaders, such as my Springfield XD, have slides that are very difficult to pull back. My wife couldn't manage it, and got a Walther PK380 for herself, which she can manage just fine.

However, after the fact, we learned a few tricks that enable virtually anyone to rack virtually any slide. Take a look; I'd wager she's using very poor technique, and with a bit of practice and instruction, she'll be just fine with any semi-auto.

This article at Cornered Cat explains proper technique quite well: http://corneredcat.com/RunGun/rack.aspx

Grey_Mana
December 1, 2010, 08:40 PM
Any pistol design where decocking involves the operator needing to let the hammer down gently to avoid a negligent discharge.

FROGO207
December 1, 2010, 08:43 PM
Never really liked anything that had to do with black powder. Really don't like to cut into my reloadin time cleaning a smoke pole. I drew the line with the mosin and 303 British. I will reload with modern components so I no longer have the need to clean after every use. :D

HKGuns
December 1, 2010, 08:45 PM
Glock's and revolvers here as well.

oneounceload
December 1, 2010, 08:46 PM
OP - you might start by losing your misogynistic attitude and let your wife pick out what SHE wants. Why do we constantly see these threads where someone THINKS they know what is best for their spouse?.............geez, get over it

Carter
December 1, 2010, 08:53 PM
For some reason I can't stand over under shotguns. Every time I see them I feel like the price is trying to make me feel inferior.

I like revolvers, but from a practical stand point I doubt I'd ever buy one.

Tomcat47
December 1, 2010, 08:58 PM
Im with msrat and others, cannot stand glocks, taurus millennium (although they look pretty good), or anything palstic or polycarbonate.....yuk! :barf:

Guns should be made of STEEL...( incl metals Aluminum, Titanium, Stainless etc.) ;)

I had a Taurus Milllennium .380......for about a week! My PT58HC was 10x more accurate! and 21 rounds to boot, and beautiful Stainless!

And besides the classics are all made of steel:
Autos:....just to name a few...
Beretta 92
Beretta 85
Beretta 950, 21, 3032...(well engineering mishap on Tomcat but still love em)
(Inox and Titanium are Best and newer wide slide good...Beretta just not good at admitting engineering boo boos i guess, FOR SHAME!)
oops sidetracked...
Bren Ten
Taurus 92,99 (maybe not a true classic, but included)
S & W Model 39, 59, 659, 3913, 5906, 4506
Colt 1911, Series 80
Colt Double Eagle
Colt Mustang
Ruger 85, P89, P90 ...( NOTE P97 went POLYCARB...:mad:)
Walther PP & PPKs
Desert Eagles are tanks...and a lot of fun but maybe overated?....Naaay to much fun !! ..... .357, .41 Magnum, .44 magnum, .50 in an Auto! how can you not like that.

And NOT a classic yet... Love the new Sig Sauer P238's Little Colt clones....They will be keepers! .... And did I mention...made of steel...:cool:

Revolvers: just to name a few.....
Colt Anacondas, Pythons,
Dan Wesson (.41 magnum...totally awesome kit with barrels)
Ruger Redhawks, Blackhawks, Security Six, GP100
S&W Mod. 57, 625, 29, 686,
Taurus Trackers ( maybe not true classics, but included)

Oh so many guns....So little time.....:)

Jim Watson
December 1, 2010, 09:02 PM
Problem is, a lot of nonenthusiast women just don't care enough to do the research. Their man is supposed to handle that technical stuff and furnish what she needs. If she can't handle it, she naturally concludes that a woman can't shoot.

oneounceload
December 1, 2010, 09:03 PM
For some reason I can't stand over under shotguns. Every time I see them I feel like the price is trying to make me feel inferior.

And I feel the same way about cheap pumps................

Of course, the price is relevant to the amount of handwork involved.........but that's OT as regards the OP

Imon
December 1, 2010, 09:10 PM
I wonder if the people who moan and complain about polymer so much and says how it "throws the balance off" realize that aluminum is closer to the weight of polymer than steel.

Lets compare apples to apples.
CCF Glock Raceframes

OEM Glock polymer frame: 3.6 ounces
CCF RaceFrame (Aluminum): 7.3 ounces
CCF RaceFrame (Stainless): 21 ounces
http://www.ccfraceframes.com/advantage.php

I really think a lot of the dislike for polymer frames is in the head. Plus polymer frame pistols are a lot more pleasant to handle in cold and hot weather!

Gouranga
December 1, 2010, 09:19 PM
Problem is, a lot of nonenthusiast women just don't care enough to do the research. Their man is supposed to handle that technical stuff and furnish what she needs. If she can't handle it, she naturally concludes that a woman can't shoot.

Ding ding! No misogynistic attitude here at all. My wife is really just getting into it. I mean as in a year ago should would not put any gun in her hand. She is taking a huge step in really trying it (for my sake) and my sincere hope is she will get a hang of it, and strike out and pick out her own on down the road.

For the first one I went with a gun I can stand and she can fire because there is a serious risk she will not like it at all and then we got a firearm that sits around collecting dust.

She has a number of girl friends that are shooters and she asked me if I would mind teaching her a bit and taking her out. I really would love if it is followed up with her wanting to get a firearm purely for her. That would be absolutely awesome and I would not care if it was a hot pink revolver (though I highly doubt she would get a pink one).

I am just struck by at least with revolvers, how irrational I am with not liking them. Logically, I know and see all the benefits they offer. I once held one used to kill someone when I was a juror in a murder trial so I know they are lethal. It is just for some reason I don't like them. I mean I have a dislike for Glocks. Not because I think they are garbage or anything but I do not like their stereotypical boxy look (which I understand is changing with the newer ones) so I may drop that opinion. But that is a specific brand.

Not liking all revolvers, is just weird. I think what I need to do, is rent a couple when I am at the range next time and see if that does not change my feelings.

jerkface11
December 1, 2010, 09:26 PM
Buy a GP100 that will get you over your hatred of revolvers.

22-rimfire
December 1, 2010, 09:36 PM
I certainly have a bias against Ruger steel frame centerfire pistols.

Lefty Wright
December 1, 2010, 09:42 PM
Plus one on dislike of Glocks.......

Had to sell my G17, 19 and 34!

Couldn't stand the looks of them, nor the "wide body" feel. They were all disgustingly reliable and trouble free. Ate everything I fed them, and were boringly accurate. Parts were cheap and easy to procure. Didn't even need to bother with cleaning them. Had more fun with my toaster.

Thank goodness I'm rid of them and back to 1911's! They keep me busy and broke.

ms6852
December 1, 2010, 09:42 PM
Love 1911's hate glocks. Any way my wife could not rack an auto pistol until I showed her how. She tries to be dainty and makes plenty sure she doesn't chip a fingernail. My wife can carry a 75lb gucci bag but has a hard time with a grocery bag.

This works for my wife, maybe it will work for yours. If your wife is right handed, have her hold the gun with her right hand close to her stomach with the muzzle pointing down at about 45 degree angle. With the other hand have her hold the top of the gun or the slide very very tight. Then instruct her to quickly push the gun with her right while maintaining her left hand in place. It is important that the gun is close to her body. This will give her leverage. My wife can now rack all my autos. Reverse process for lefty's.

sappyg
December 1, 2010, 10:08 PM
great advise MS!

Freedom_fighter_in_IL
December 1, 2010, 10:52 PM
And NOT a classic yet... Love the new Sig Sauer P238's Little Colt clones

So does my wife. Damn things flat disappear in my meathooks though. As far as Glocks go, IThey feel like I have a damn shoe box in my hands. I just do not like the feel of them whatsoever. Reliability doesn't make a tinkers damn if you don't like the feel. Don't like the feel and you will not be able to shoot it well. I also do not like double action all the time triggers. I like the short travel single action feel. Shorter trigger pull= less probability of movement in the hand taking weapon off target.

Not liking all revolvers, is just weird. I think what I need to do, is rent a couple when I am at the range next time and see if that does not change my feelings.

Would be a very good idea. Swing on by and Ill take you to the range with My Colt Python .357, Ruger Super Redhawk in .44mag, and my 2 S&W .500mags (8 3/4" hunting barrel and 4" anti whatever walks the planet within 25 yards barrel). The last 1 will make you cry for mommy after a few rounds but it is still a hoot to shoot! Really fun to watch bowling pins blow up :) Point here is, while I would not recommend ANY of these for a small framed woman, they are all well suited for their intended purpose which is hunting and defense in the wild for ME. To each his/her own. ALL firearms, be them pistol, rifle, or shotgun should fit the intended purpose for one, and the USER for another.

mashaffer
December 1, 2010, 10:59 PM
OK, here is the thing. If we are not sure she is going to like it in the end then you probably really ought to be getting something simple and easy for here to manipulate and understand. So you don't like revolvers that is fine, just get one that you can resell easily without losing a lot of money in the process. If you get a nice used Ruger SP-101 for example you are unlikely to lose much of anything on a later sale if you keep it in good condition. Heck in a few years you could probably make a profit on the deal.

Just cause you buy a gun it doesn't have to become a permanent family member. It ain't adoption after all. :D

mike

brandon_mcg
December 1, 2010, 11:02 PM
i'm beginning to dislike polymer pistols more and more.

John Wayne
December 1, 2010, 11:11 PM
People are too quick to recommend revolvers. When I take girls shooting, lots of them shoot horrible groups with DA revolvers because they lack the hand/finger strength to smoothly squeeze a relatively heavy trigger. SA revolver shooting is fine for the range, but unless you're Bob Munden I wouldn't rely on it for self-defense.

Lots of shooters find it hard to operate the slide on some autos too. That's why guns like the Walther PK380 are invaluable--for people who shoot best with a SA trigger but don't have a lot of hand strength.

Hardtarget
December 1, 2010, 11:56 PM
The only guns I really don't care for are things like the Tech -9 type guns I didn't even like the old "grease gun" sub machine gun from WWII.

Other than that...I'm OK with most any other thing that goes bang. :D

Mark

Zombiphobia
December 2, 2010, 12:13 AM
hamerless revolvers. Also, break-open style shotguns without hammers. JUst drives me nuts.

TrakHack
December 2, 2010, 12:23 AM
I don't have an unfounded dislike for any kind of guns, but so far, the only kind I really do like are revolvers.

I've found with the gun-owning women I know (myself included) we all were drawn to the guns we like or driven away from those we don't because of how they look. One doesn't like the way revolvers look, one doesn't even like the look of a hangun (she hunts), and even my police officer best friend who trusts her life to two Springfield semi-autos exclaimed "oh, it's cute!" when looking at an LCR with me.

It's completely irrational.

Take your wife to the gun shop and see what catches her eye. It's funny how something is easier to use when it's something you have chosen yourself. Kind of like that 75 pound Gucci handbag that was mentioned...

Tomcat47
December 2, 2010, 01:04 AM
Well Said TrakHack....

I have left my wife with various guns over time and mostly revolvers, and one day I bought a new Stainless Taurus PT58 HC .380 she shot it and that night she said I really like that gun, but I would like it better if it was Black (we know blue!) I told her blue...she said ok blue if you say so, anyway I would like it if it was black....( i gave up !)

Anyway I bought her the blued version of same gun! She racks slide just fine and feels comfortable and safe with it. Before that I had really never thought of asking her what she liked, instead felt like I just needed to leave with her what I thought she would be comfortable with.

Take her to the Gun shop & range....let her impulse shop!

I will pray she doesnt fall in love with the Wilson Combat case! but then if you can afford it...what the heck!

otisrush
December 2, 2010, 01:29 AM
What bugs me? Long guns with non-wood stocks. Remington 870 with a black plastic stock? Blech! Camouflage stock? Very blech.

OR

MIgunguy
December 2, 2010, 02:12 AM
similar type of hangup when it comes to a particular type of firearm?

Norinco 1911. Supposedly they're good for the money and there's alot of fans on the 1911 forum. I've been tempted a few times to buy one, but a Chinese 1911?? I just can't do it.

DasFriek
December 2, 2010, 03:26 AM
Ive never owned or shot a revolver and i think only held one twice.
They remind me of Barney Fife i think, But he made them cool since he only needed one bullet.

I also will NOT carry a 9mm as a main weapon, Even tho i know its a very effective round.
I also only feel comfortable carrying a .45 as a main gun, Even a .40 makes me feel like im lacking power. Trust me i know in my head these heart felt thoughts are completely wrong and misguided. And when needed to give advice ill go completely against how i feel and have no issues recommending a 9mm as a carry gun.

It wasn't long ago i thought .380 was about as effective as a .22lr, Especially if you look at its ballistics on paper. It took me buying and shooting one to see i was very wrong.

dogsoldier0513
December 2, 2010, 08:35 AM
Find a Beretta M86 .380. It has a 'tip-up' barrel for easy loading w/o having to manipulate a slide at all. There's one for sale on www.sigforum.com, IIRC.

sansone
December 2, 2010, 08:42 AM
I hate the looks of a Glock. I also hate plastic guns but an LCP lives in my pocket. Maybe I'm crazy? :D // agree women do better with revolvers.

desmo21
December 2, 2010, 09:14 AM
:) Love my LCR revolver. Sweet trigger.....

myweaponspermit.com
December 2, 2010, 09:28 AM
I would love to own a Taurus Judge or Public Defender but the way they look reminds me of my ex-wife's nose.

SigP229R
December 2, 2010, 09:44 AM
No poly framed pistols No hammerless pistols and No Glocks.

SuperNaut
December 2, 2010, 09:48 AM
Irrational? Nah, I've been able to come up with all kinds of logical explanations for my dislikes. You say irrational, I say I R Rational.

sfsmedic
December 2, 2010, 10:16 AM
Glocks.

*(1) ok, this is actually a valid thing I legitimately and rationally don't like about them. Probably the only rational reason I could come up with.

I'm with you on this. I've owned a G19, it worked flawless however I just can't wrap my head around wanting one. I am a very good shooter yet I can't shoot one of these as well as any of my other guns to save my life. It is not the gun, it truly is me. I think they are ugly as sin and dare I say I hate all the hype around them. Like you said, they are good guns but irrationally I just can't stand them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Corporal K
December 2, 2010, 10:24 AM
I don't love or hate any inanimate objects, but I have no use for 1911's. I do like the way they look, but that's it. Most over-rated firearm on Earth, IMO.

rattletrap1970
December 2, 2010, 10:38 AM
Maybe SHE would like a revolver.

blitzen
December 2, 2010, 10:52 AM
I don't dislike revolvers at all but I do have only limited use for them. As hunting guns or in my case as a trail gun for brownie defence, they are the best. .44 mag and up.
I also don't buy into the crap of a woman not being able to run a slide on an auto. My wife is 97 lbs soaking wet and she runs my 1911, BHP,her own S&W M&P just fine. Unless someone has arthritis, or is missing all the fingers on there hand it's just a case of not knowing how or not wanting to!

Crawlin
December 2, 2010, 11:42 AM
Revolvers and Glocks. I can't stand either of them. Rugers are a close second.

MrOldLude
December 2, 2010, 01:13 PM
Revolvers with thin barrels:

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i263/bryanmcgilvray/bmcgilvray079.jpg

Like this.

Revolvers with heavier barrels I like.

http://www.impactguns.com/store/media/smith_163501.jpg

Looks less silly to me. I guess that also applies to rifles as well.

pitsmile
December 2, 2010, 01:26 PM
I'm a revolver hater, too.

I was reading the new Shooting Illustrated a couple days ago and it seems many women are carrying the NAA .22 mag mini revolver. It has a Derringer-eske look to it, I actually like the classic look.

Try a SIG mosquito.

skwab
December 2, 2010, 01:50 PM
First off, irrational or not you like what you like and there's no sense spending hard earned dollars on something you don't particularly care for. So you don't like revolvers- don't feel guilty about not getting one!

Second, I have always disagreed with the notion that a newbie has to start out with a revolver. I too have heard the arguments and while I don't disagree with them fundamentally, at the end of the day you need to get what excites you and helps you enjoy the hobby.

When my wife wanted to get her CHL and wanted to start shooting, we went to a gun show so she was able to handle all kinds of guns. Pistols, revolvers, full size, pocket - at the end of the day she really loved the Glock 19 - she felt it fit her best and to this day, she loves her Glocks. She added a 26 a few months later. And gradually she learned how to work the slide, load the magazines, etc.

So take her somewhere where she can find what best fits her, something that she chose and not that you chose for her, and whatever that might be, she's smart enough to figure it out, and you can help her along the way. For me, I have a few Glocks in the old collection I wouldn't have had and didn't have to feel guilty about buying them! A win - win!

madstabber
December 2, 2010, 03:07 PM
1911's hate the way they feel.

mordechaianiliewicz
December 2, 2010, 03:10 PM
Because I about 100% functional, I only like or dislike guns based on their utility.

therewolf
December 2, 2010, 03:11 PM
IMO, OP, you need to let your wife decide as to the caliber size and type of gun

for her personal EDC for SD. Otherwise she just won't carry it, and she could

lose interest in shooting altogether.

rockinrussky
December 3, 2010, 12:53 AM
Any handgun too small for my hand. Apparently I've got gorilla-sized hands because Glocks fit perfectly, whereas most single stack handguns feel tiny. Most snub nose revolver handles fit into half my palm, making shooting them unpleasant. At least I have a rational reason.

Irrational reasons? I can't think of any, since at the end a gun is a tool for me and I can't be bothered with beauty contests.

kd7nqb
December 3, 2010, 02:36 AM
I too have a pretty strong dislike for revolvers. Even though its what i learned to shoot on (Ruger Security Six in .357). However I know that when I go out and about in the woods in a notoriously wet/ muddy Northwest forest that revolver is going to stand up much better. That being said every time I plan on buying a revolver I end up buying something else (last time it was a well priced Remington 870)

I guess for me I need a gun with a rail and the few revolvers with rails end up costing far more than a quality autoloader.

Sediment
December 3, 2010, 06:44 AM
Hmm let's see...
Pump rifles
Bolt shotguns
Break-open revolvers
Side-by-side shotguns (***?)
Any gun with a "pencil" barrel
AR's with too many tacti-cool addons and do double duty as safe queens
Ruger 10/22's made to look like an AR. That just bugs the hell out of me!:cuss:
Decocking levers.... I just can't bring myself to trust them. Drop the mag, rack the slide, check the chamber and pull the trigger to decock.

I know I'm insane, but I like what I like and I don't care who approves of my choices.

BTW I know some of you are gonna facepalm me, but I have my GLOCK, 1911, and Taurus Judge in the same pistol rack in my safe:evil:

Freedom_fighter_in_IL
December 3, 2010, 09:35 AM
BTW I know some of you are gonna facepalm me, but I have my GLOCK, 1911, and Taurus Judge in the same pistol rack in my safe

SMMMMAAACCCKKKKK :neener: Mannnnnnn them things are going to mate and have some sort of wild offspring if you don't separate them! :what:

AKElroy
December 3, 2010, 09:47 AM
Browning BLR. No box magazine gun should have a lever action. And what's with that goofy trigger in the lever deal? Just wierd, and wierd is ugly.

AKElroy
December 3, 2010, 09:49 AM
HD shotguns w/ mag tubes that don't match the barrel length. It's for HD! Give me the extra round already.

AKElroy
December 3, 2010, 09:51 AM
Revolvers w/o full length lugs bother me as well. I even shy away from SA's that have barrels longer than 5.625" barrel lengths for the same reason; I need a barrel length ejector or it just doesn't look right.

AKElroy
December 3, 2010, 09:55 AM
Proper lever guns sporting ultra-modern matte-finished variable powered scopes. If you must scope it, do it right & find something vintage like a steel-tube Weaver.

AKElroy
December 3, 2010, 09:56 AM
An RDS on ANYTHING other than a tactical carbine.

AKElroy
December 3, 2010, 10:01 AM
And finally, now that I am really late for work, Lever guns with Synthetic stocks. That's like having Hugo Chavez over for a 4th of July picnic.

Onward Allusion
December 3, 2010, 10:08 AM
but more importantly my wife can use

???

YOU hate revolvers so you don't want your wife to have one to protect herself even though it would probably be a lot simpler to use? Let your wife decide...

kk0g
December 3, 2010, 10:56 AM
As others have already pointed out, her problem of not being able to rack the slide has nothing to do with the gun or lack of strength - it's all in the technique. With proper training practically ANY healthy human can easily rack the slide on nearly any semi-auto pistol. Get her some quality training and her "problem" will disappear.

ironhead7544
December 3, 2010, 07:18 PM
7mm Remington Magnum. Dont know why. I just find them repulsive.

Getting back to the handgun question, if she cant handle the slide then the revolver is the way to go. Beretta makes, or made, a tip-up barrel 380 auto. But if she gets a malfunction its all over. Find a Ladysmith and she might like one made just for the women. My wife loves her 3 inch S&W M64 in 38 Special. We use it for a house gun as she can shoot it well. Just my .02.

BaltimoreBoy
December 3, 2010, 07:36 PM
In response to the original post:

My younger daughter has always been fearless with respect to recoil. She shoots .357 mags and 1911s well.

She doesn't quite have the strength to pull back the slide on a 1911 - unless she first thumbs back the trigger. Once she does that she can then bring the slide back. Maybe your wife could try that?

That said, my daughter prefers grandad's security six to any autoloader.

bigfatdave
December 3, 2010, 11:02 PM
HD shotguns w/ mag tubes that don't match the barrel length. It's for HD! Give me the extra round already. I'm with you there. The only exception being trench guns, the magazine tube had to move back a bit to affix a bayonet.

Every time I shop shotguns, the only ones that hold any interest are the Saigas, trench guns, and single-shot ones you can swap the barrel for a rifle (TC, Rossi). Bird guns just don't interest me, probably because I don't hunt birds.

Getting back to the handgun question, if she cant handle the slide then the revolver is the way to go. I'm not buying that a healthy adult can't rack a slide. Try the texhnique outlined on Cornered Cat's website, and have her actually go shooting with another woman who shoots, instead of having a gun thrust into her hand by her husband.
Women who claim to be unable to rack the slide on duty-type autoloaders are either making up an excuse to not go shooting or haven't tried.

Fishslayer
December 4, 2010, 09:34 AM

Dunno about a "type" of firearm. But I won't own a S&W wheelgun (or any other gun, for that matter) with a Klinton lock or any other of that PC bullcrap.

Won't own a gun with forward serrations if I can help it.

Won't own a gun with huge inscription on the slide declaring me (or it. Never figured that one out.) to be Uber Tacticool Expert Champion Operator. C'mon...

Not crazy about a logo on the slide that looks & sounds like it belongs on a box of feminine hygiene products...:D
JK on the last one. Sorta...

tyeo098
December 4, 2010, 01:09 PM
I used to hate AR's
Then I bought an AK, hated it.
Now I love AR's
[No argument intended, just stating]

therewolf
December 4, 2010, 01:31 PM
I think perhaps we need to read between the lines here.

IMO the OP's wife probably doesn't care for automatics, trouble racking the slide

may very possibly be a diplomatic way to point her husband in the direction of

what may be more attractive to her, i.e.- revolvers.

A while back I shot a S&W 9mm rental pistol. I didn't like the gun, so my accuracy, as a result, was, to be polite, lackluster. I know I should have shot
more accurately with the 9mm than the 1911, but my heart just wasn't in it.;)

Black Butte
December 4, 2010, 01:56 PM
I'm fine with Glocks and revolvers. For me it's Hi-Points, I can't stand 'em. I wouldn't disrespect a home invader with a Hi-Point, they deserve to be shot with something better.

PursesRHolsters
May 22, 2011, 04:49 PM
I am a 30 yr. old female. I happen to love revolvers, but don't use mine for home defense because I have a small child in my home, and I feel that they are far to dangerous because of the ease children have in operating them. My personal choice for home defense is a Para 45 auto. I would say to buy something she is comfortable with and don't give it to her until she has shot no less than 100 rounds thru it unassisted at the range. If she is not 100 % comfortable with is she may hesitate to use it in an emergency. I am only 5ft 4 in and 130 lbs. and with practice found that I had no problem pulling back any slide. The old saying practice makes perfect is true...

firemanstrickland
May 22, 2011, 04:59 PM
i absolutely hate glocks, hate how they look, how they feel, how they shoot, and how much people talk about them, i cant stand it.

hermannr
May 22, 2011, 05:17 PM
well, to the little lady problem..let her do the choosing, with you not even present. When she has decided what she wants, pay for it for her. End of problem. Do not let your bias influence her decision on Her pistol, be it a revolver or an auto.

I have a couple autos, but prefer my .38 Colt revolver. My problem is Arthor Itus has come to visit. Can I rack a slide, yes, does it hurt, yes. and I am 6' 1" and over 200 lbs but my left hand is almost useless. My auto I like best is a CZ 52, but oh does it hurt to rack that first round in there.

Has anyone racked the slide on a FN FiveseveN? I would think it should be lighter????

A slide I can rack without pain...my wifes High Standard Olympic (22 short),,,not exactly a HD weapon.

thefamcnaj
May 22, 2011, 05:44 PM
I went through the same thing with my wife, I wanted her to have a semi auto matic pistol. A revolver was just out of the question. My wife cannot rack slides back, but I just told myself, "well she'll get used to it". Well not so much, racking a slide is out of the question because she has rumatoid athreitus(excuse the spelling) We tried glock, rugers, tauruses, and m&p's all a no go.
It finally got sad to watch her try to rack a slide, almost like I was setting her up for failure. She was ready to give up on owning/carrying a gun. So I decided I"d take her to a gun store and keep my mouth shut and see what she gravitated towards. She went to the revolver counter and asked to hold a 38 specisl. (The Charter Arms Pink Lady) She loved it and it was liite and she love the SA trigger pull. So as much as it pained me to by a PINK gun I did it for her. I'm so glad i did because she's actually really good with it from self defense range. She now says she's a 38special kind of girl, and thats fine with me.
Don't be stubborn and let your distaste for revolvers cheat your wife out of owning a gun that she is comfortable using. I now go to work 3rd shift happy knowing theres a little pink 38special by her bedside that she could use should the need arise.

Tomcat47
May 22, 2011, 06:06 PM
I do not really like any polymer firearm....glocks included!

I had a few Taurus Millenium and now have a Walther P22 (it is hanging around, but I threaten to sell or trade it all the time)

Although Glocks are inherently indestructable, and dependable.... so yeah I have an irrational distaste for a particular type of firearm! :uhoh:

Anyway...there is a great solution if you just gotta PUSH an autoloader on your wife!!! There is always the tip up barrell Beretta Model 86 .380....Solves two problems your distaste and her not being able to pull slides back!

However....I think she really doesnt like all that goes on with an Auto...and would really like to have just simple!

http://www.thehighroad.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=142625&stc=1&d=1306101888

Lost Sheep
May 22, 2011, 06:29 PM
Gouranga,

Try living with one for a while-listen to thefamcnaj and visit corneredcat.com with your wife. The site has good advice for how to rack a slide even if you have impaired upper body strength (by chromosomes or otherwise.)

I used to have a low opinion of the M-16. Until I lived with one for a while.

When I was 10, I had a low opinion of girls. I grew out of that, too.

I don't think I will ever get used to slide mounted safeties. I think they belong on the frame where God and John Moses Browning put them. But I know others who like them.

The hammer-drop on guns with decockers give me the willies.

I like my 1911s, but cocked and locked still makes me a bit nervous.

I hate the way my automatics treat my brass (but then I reload all my practice ammo).

Some of my prejudices have basis in reason, and some don't. Knowing the difference is important.

Lost Sheep

Black Butte
May 22, 2011, 06:39 PM
i absolutely hate glocks, hate how they look, how they feel, how they shoot, and how much people talk about them, i cant stand it.

In your case, then, I'm going to recommend that you not buy one.

scythefwd
May 22, 2011, 06:39 PM
grip safeties. I'd even sworn off 1911s until I heard that you can delete the grip safety with a solid mainspring housing.

makarovnik
May 22, 2011, 08:22 PM
Larger guns in smaller calibers especially if they use a locked breech are easier to operate the slide. It also helps if you can manually pull the hammer back first which will then make it even easier to pull the slide back.

Some auto-loaders were made with a tip up barrel so the first round can be loaded directly into the chamber. No slide racking needed.

Most .25s and .22s with a halfway meaty slide will have a weak recoil spring and will be easy to rack the slide. You can have it all.

My little wife has no problem with the slide on her P32. The trigger is longggg but she is deadly accurate with that thing.

exavid
May 22, 2011, 11:38 PM
The only guns I dislike are bolt action shotguns. I saw the results of one that blew open, bolt stuck in the guy's face. He survived but lost the eye and some facial bone. As for the ladies, the only sensible thing is to let them pick out what they want. If it's a revolver so be it, it's for her not you.
BTW - One advantage of revolvers is power. If you need serious protection in the woods there's really no option in handguns, a revolver can have the punch needed.

clamman
May 23, 2011, 11:46 AM
I don't like Gocks OR rap music. And hammerless revolvers.

bubba15301
May 23, 2011, 12:52 PM
get her a tip up barreled beretta

mgmorden
May 23, 2011, 01:02 PM
For me it's bullpup rifles. Doesn't matter how many advantages their proponents list, I just don't like the look of them and don't want one.

Other hangups I have: full length mannlicher style stocks, and "scout" style scope mounts. Again, I just don't like em :).

On hunting rifles I tend to prefer wood stocks (though on hunting shotguns, as well as target rifles, I tend to prefer synthetic - go figure :)). That's just a preference though - I own a hunting rifle with a synthetic stock, I just don't prefer them that way.

Other than that though, I'm good. :)

oldbear
May 23, 2011, 02:18 PM
NO!! I don't believe that I would buy a Glock but I don't hate much of anything.

Havegunjoe
May 23, 2011, 02:23 PM
If it is “more important” that your wife be able to use the gun why not let her choose, or at least in on the process? You can suck it up for her safety or buy a second gun for you.

Fleet
May 23, 2011, 10:58 PM
I'd quit trying to make a decision you aren't qualified to make, and get your wife to the store and let her pick what she likes.
You wouldn't let her buy you a necktie, would you?

DammitBoy
May 23, 2011, 11:15 PM
Glocks.

I agree with you 100%. I will never own one.

goon
May 23, 2011, 11:48 PM
I just freakin' hate anything with a lawyer safety.
I hate newer Smith & Wesson revolvers with the built-in key lock. It's pointless - adds another part to the gun that can malfunction and either require a gunsmith to repair or get me killed... AND it does nothing that I can't do myself to any revolver with a simple padlock.
And I hate magazine disconnects. I went to buy a semi-auto .22 handgun today, thinking that Browning Buckmarks did not have mag disconnect safeties. I was sadly mistaken. It's possible that a magazine disconnect would never be more than an inconvenience, but I don't trust them and see them as one more pointless part that can fail or prevent me from shooting a handgun in the event that I lost the magazine but still had loose rounds of ammo. I really don't want to ever buy a handgun that has one.

wlewisiii
May 24, 2011, 07:55 PM
I can understand. After 16 years in the army, I despise the M-16 & it's derivatives. I would almost rather be unarmed than deal with one ever again. I like other black rifles - FAL, H&K, but not the M-16 platform. Not rational I know.

230therapy
May 24, 2011, 08:24 PM
She is a real new shooter and with a lot of pistols has trouble pulling back the slide

She has not been taught the right technique.

guntalk.tv -> Getting Started -> "Slide Ruler: How to rack the slide on a semi-automatic"

Like everyone else said: she needs to choose the gun...revolver or semi-auto. Get all your gun friends together for a day at the range and let her shoot everything that's reasonable and she's able to handle safely.

Don't be an idjit and hand her the Desert Eagle in 50 Action Express, Taurus Raging Bull in 454 Casul, or S&W J-Frame loaded with 357 Magnum rounds. It won't be funny and she won't shoot ever again.

Do let her try medium and full sized handguns in 22 Long Rifle, 38 Special, 9x19mm, 45 ACP and similar. 10mm, 357 Magnum, 40 S&W and 357 SIG will probably be a bit much on the first trip UNLESS she's started on light reloads and works up to the full power loads.

Nushif
May 24, 2011, 09:58 PM
I can understand. I despise the M-16 & it's derivatives. I would almost rather be unarmed than deal with one ever again. I like other black rifles - FAL, H&K, but not the M-16 platform. Not rational I know.

Same! Freakin! Boat!

I bug people constantly about shooting but come range day ... I'm the one groaning the loudest.

orionengnr
May 24, 2011, 10:00 PM
www.corneredcat.com

Murphy4570
May 24, 2011, 10:12 PM
I have a dislike for "tacticool" firearms, or plastic firearms in general.

Wood and steel is where it's at for me.

Jeff F
May 24, 2011, 10:53 PM
A lady at a gun show suggested a Beretta with a tip up barrel because you can carry it w/o one in the pipe and slip a round in. After you pull the trigger for the first shot it cycles itself. This to me sounds like a PITA to carry a loose round other than the mag.

Why would you even consider carrying one of those without a round in the pipe. I don't really know the gun, are they unsafe to carry loaded?

Mrcymstr
May 24, 2011, 11:20 PM
I have 2. "Blocky" looking firearms such as glock I just find them aesthetically uncomfortable and bullpup for the same reason. I know the advantages of them but I just can't stand the visual not to say that I allow function to follow form of course :-)

Tomcat47
May 24, 2011, 11:21 PM
Thats Funny! No They are awesome! But why carry a unloaded gun??

kinda defeats the purpose :confused:

But then most bad guys would wait till you find your loose round somewhere in your pocket....purse....bwaahahahahhha! :what:

DammitBoy
May 25, 2011, 02:06 AM
I just can't stand the grip on glocks. They are puny and slippery.

doc2rn
May 25, 2011, 02:46 AM
I only keep shooters around be they revolver or semi's. Have had many over the years, but the keeper list is short. I just stick to what works. That way I dont have an aversion to any firearm that may be needed to perform their function. They are just tools after all.

lizziedog1
May 25, 2011, 07:19 AM
For me it's bullpup rifles. Doesn't matter how many advantages their proponents list, I just don't like the look of them and don't want one.

Same here, Bullpup rifles are hideous in my opinion. But I would like to add two more.

One is thumbhole stocks. I understand that they might be accurate and functional, but no thanks.

The other, which is what I consider gross, is hammerless revolvers. To me, seeing six-shooter without a hammer is sort of like seeing a woman with a nice figure, but then her smile reveals nasty, crooked, discolored teeth. The important parts are there, but no thanks!

SwampWolf
May 25, 2011, 12:06 PM
A small, subjective thing I suppose, but I despise the goofy-looking, ill-proportioned trigger guards affixed to some contemporary shotguns.

KingMedicine
May 25, 2011, 05:15 PM
I hated revolvers for a long time too... Could not figure out why anyone would want to shoot something so ugly and only have six shots...

Then i found a Dan Wesson 15-2 for dirt cheap and bought it as a truck gun... Then i found a S&W 586... Found out how wonderful it handles and shoots...

So now i own more revolvers then autos...

XxWINxX94
May 25, 2011, 06:16 PM
Basically any "new" guns. I mostly do old stuff, like pre 1970 I guess would be a good cutoff. Here is a list of guns I would never own, or just plain dislike for no reason.
-No post '64 Winchesters
-No composite stocks (or guns)
-No Replicas, copys or clones
-Nothing made in Japan or China (besides Arisakas and other vintage military arms)
-Nothing that is refinished or redone
-Definatly no newer Smith & Wessons
Like i said above, 95% of my guns are made before 1970, and that is a cutoff for most of the purchases I make.

Ed N.
May 25, 2011, 07:22 PM
Modern muzzloaders with synthetic stocks and enclosed locks.

Makes as much sense as a USB port on an abacus.

mr.trooper
May 25, 2011, 09:14 PM
Nope, no hangup. ALL guns are cool. :)

Buck Kramer
August 27, 2011, 07:11 PM
Body guard 380, my girlfriend loves it. Slide release is a bit of an issue though...

Deltaboy
August 27, 2011, 07:18 PM
LOL This is a great thread. It made me laugh.

Hanzo581
August 27, 2011, 07:28 PM
I hate Glocks. Are they durable and reliable? Absolutely. Do they feel absolutely awful in my hands? Absolutely.

HoosierQ
August 27, 2011, 09:01 PM
This is a weird threads. You guys (the various haters) need a new hobby if this one causes you to hate stuff so much. Guns are tools for crying out loud. How they work is what counts. Now I will certainly concede that a gun that doesn't fit ones hand...doesn't point right...one where the front sight moves off target with a trigger pull...I'll call that "not working" up to a point.

Glocks work great and are easy to use. Revolvers work great and are easy to use.

That's pretty much about it. The only gun I hate would be one made of pot metal (zinc alloy) or one that won't work.

Nanook
August 27, 2011, 09:11 PM
My wife is a short person, with small hands. She loves my Kimber full size 1911 so much she considers it her Kimber.

The shop owner showed her a good way to work the slide on any semi-auto and it works for her.

Gun in one hand, ready to push towards the other hand. Other hand on slide ready to push towards gun hand. Grab onto both, and push hands together. Works every time, and it instills confidence "I CAN do this!" in newer and smaller shooters.

She likes both revolvers and semi-autos, and so do I.

orionengnr
August 27, 2011, 11:12 PM
I know the logically sound arguments. I believe them, I don't think anything in them is untrue or wrong.

So when the gun store owner starts down that road, I inform him. I HATE revolvers. I hate the look of them, I hate the feel of them, I just hate them. I cannot tell you why. I just do. It is irrational, from a firearm perspective they are in a lot of ways superior to pistols but I am so in love with a the 1911, or Beretta, or even my M&P, I just do not like them. Heck I like our KelTec P11, more than any revolver. Makes no rational sense, just what I like.

You have stated in post #1 that you are irrational. How can any of us overcome that?

Jorg Nysgerrig
August 27, 2011, 11:15 PM
As the OP hasn't visited us in over 4 months and this thread from last December, I'm not sure anyone should expend a lot of energy discussion the issue.

HoosierQ
August 28, 2011, 10:38 AM
Oooh...Oooh...just thought of one. The Mare's Leg. There is a gun that I pretty much hate. I mean..why?

USAF_Vet
August 28, 2011, 11:53 AM
I don't "hate" any gun.

I dislike snub nosed revolvers (4" of barrel or more please)

I dislike absurdly huge big bore revolvers (454, 460, 500 magnums)

(My ideal revolver is a .357 with a 4" barrel)

I dislike tiny poscket pistols,

I dislike scopes on handguns of any sort.

I like AR's, but dislike AR's with more accessories than I can count on one hand.

I dislike that I can't have SBS, SBR, AOW, or DD weapons in my state. I also dislike the price of getting a full auto.

There are probably more, but that's a start.

Plan2Live
August 28, 2011, 07:07 PM
Hate may be a strong word but I am definately tired of hearing Glock in every other sentence. Like one recent quote, "Glock is the undeniable king of compact and sub-compact conceal carry handguns" or, "because they are carried by so many Law Enforcement Officers (wow, I spelled that out and it didn't hurt a bit) well by that logic, the Crown Victoria is the undeniable king of automobiles. I wouldn't buy a Glock for the same reason I wouldn't buy a Harley, I'm an indepedant thinker, a non-conformist and rarely follow the herd. Thankfully they don't make rifles or revolvers.

If you enjoyed reading about "Totally puzzled a gun store owner" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!