44 mag 3-D brand brass == NEW ==

PDA

CHEVELLE427
December 4, 2010, 09:30 AM
ANYONE ever hear of or used this brand,

i bought a can full years back all new , loaded some up about the middle of the cold/hot range.

used
unique, 2400,h110, would have to look in the load log for what i used but they were not hot rounds.

loaded anything from 185 jhp, 240 lead to 300 jhp.

my trouble is some of the cases are splitting,

no psi signs at the primer, no heavy recoil, happens in both the 629 and the DE 44. all eject fine.

COULD THIS JUST BE SOME JUNK BRASS,

If you enjoyed reading about "44 mag 3-D brand brass == NEW ==" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Walkalong
December 4, 2010, 11:44 AM
I have loaded some 3D range brass with no problems. Might be a bad batch, or it may have come in contact with a chemical that degraded it. Maybe it's poor brass, I don't know.

FROGO207
December 6, 2010, 12:27 AM
IIRC 3-D was a company that operates as Ultramax does today. They would use recycled brass and mostly lead bullets for range ammo on the cheap. I still have lots of boxes of 38 SPL SWC that were saved by a LEO friend from back in the 1980"s. There were some brass that was branded by them. Seemed the same quality as WW, FC, ETC as far as what I reloaded.

CHEVELLE427
December 6, 2010, 12:45 AM
thanks walkalong

the guy i got them from might have messed them up,i have had them stored in an ammo cam for years now

evan price
December 6, 2010, 06:03 AM
I've got a 3-D ammo box I'm using for reloads, they seemed to be a company like Black Hills or Buffalo Bore.

If you enjoyed reading about "44 mag 3-D brand brass == NEW ==" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!