Happy Gun-Related Holidays

PDA

Oleg Volk
December 17, 2003, 09:21 PM
We would like to wish all of THR members a happy holiday season.
Please post all holiday-related comments here.

If you enjoyed reading about "Happy Gun-Related Holidays" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
winstonsmith
December 17, 2003, 09:44 PM
Merry/Happy/Kwazy Hannukwanzamas and/or Krismukka.

Cheers!

yesterdaysyouth
December 17, 2003, 09:50 PM
WILL IT EVER GET HERE?!?!?!

cause im so tired of work!!

oh yeah, merry christmas...

PlayTheAces
December 17, 2003, 10:01 PM
Feliz Navidad!

And a very happy anniversary to THR.

P95Carry
December 17, 2003, 10:09 PM
Oleg thank you ...... and backatcha!!

Wow, one year old already and look how big THR is! A quite astonishing place I think most will agree.

Greetings of a holiday nature to all ... and may the coming year remain a healthy and a peaceful one.

Good shooting.:)

Lennyjoe
December 17, 2003, 10:35 PM
Happy Holidays to all here at THR

Also to all the men and women in all branches of the service.

God Speed and have a safe return home.

Sven
December 17, 2003, 10:44 PM
Can I just say "Merry Christmas" without the PC filters for every religion?

:;

cool45auto
December 17, 2003, 10:57 PM
Yeah, happy holidays to everyone!:)

LifeNRA
December 17, 2003, 11:10 PM
Merry Christmas to everyone!

Rogelio
December 17, 2003, 11:12 PM
I wish everybody the best holidays ever...I guess the best present I will ever get is getting to this great place!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU ALL!!!

How about a Xmas shoot??

10-Ring
December 17, 2003, 11:13 PM
Merry Christmas to ALL & a very safe, healthy and prosperous New Year :D :cool: ;)

Phyphor
December 17, 2003, 11:25 PM
to all, and to all, a good shoot!

mcneill
December 17, 2003, 11:28 PM
Thanks, Oleg. Not just for the holiday greetings, but mainly for THR. What a great day it was when I discovered this forum.

Merry Christmas to all.

Jim

4570Rick
December 17, 2003, 11:38 PM
Merry Christmas to all and Happy Birthday to THR. http://smilies.crowd9.com/contrib/ruinkai/biggrinsanta.gifhttp://smilies.networkessence.net/s/otn/party/birthday.gif

Ala Dan
December 18, 2003, 12:36 AM
Tis' The Season To Be Jolly-

Merry Christmas and Warm Wishes To Every THR Member,
their family's, and loved one's. Also, I give thanks to all
member's of the U.S. Armed Forces; and commend them
for a job well done! Sorry that many of you guy's and
gal's can't be home for the holiday season; but we will
keep the camp fire hot awaiting your return soon!
May GOD bless each of you and keep you out of harm's
way.

Respectfully,
Ala Dan, N.R.A. Life Member

Dan Morris
December 18, 2003, 08:40 AM
Wishing all of you the best.
Dan
:)

280PLUS
December 18, 2003, 09:00 AM
Happy Holidays

and

Peace on Earth to,,,

m

clown714
December 18, 2003, 09:01 AM
SEASON'S GREETINGS to all;)

clown

OEF_VET
December 18, 2003, 09:29 AM
Fruliche Wehnnacht!
Feliz Navidad!
Merry Christmas!
Happy Hanukah!
Happy New Year!

Happy Anniversary THR!

Frank

Tamara
December 18, 2003, 10:28 AM
A grand Winter Solstice to everyone. :)

(Hey, at least I don't say "Bah, humbug!" anymore. ;) :D )

davidtdm
December 18, 2003, 11:07 AM
happy holidaze to all the good folk out there in cyberspace.

...dave

ysr_racer
December 18, 2003, 11:19 AM
If you know any Jews, Friday would be a good day to wish them a HAPPY HANUKKAH. It starts at sundown.

HAPPY HANUKKAH :)

ReadyontheRight
December 18, 2003, 11:23 AM
Merry Christmas to all! Thanks Oleg and moderators for making THR such a great place.

Shoot safely and often!

meathammer
December 18, 2003, 11:32 AM
Happy Holidays to everyone! Thanks to all who make THR such a wealth of knowledge and entertainment! :)

cdbeaver
December 18, 2003, 11:48 AM
Happy Holidays to all the folks on THR.

And . . . Thanks, Oleg for the fine Christmas present you gave us last year.

BigG
December 18, 2003, 11:59 AM
It has been a continuing pleasure to share ideas with y'all both here and on the TFL. Best wishes to all for now and throughout the coming year!

Sincerely yours,

Big George

:)

Greg L
December 18, 2003, 12:23 PM
Yeah, what everyone else said. :D

Greg

BlackManWithAGun
December 18, 2003, 02:45 PM
Merry Christmas,
Feliz Navidad,
Felice Natal,
Happy Channakuh
and
Happy Holidays to all the TFL minds, patriots and lovers of things that go bang that contribute to this great site!:D

From my family to yours,

Kenn

Rock45
December 18, 2003, 04:06 PM
A Jolly bah-stinkin'-humbug and a heartfelt Ho-stinkin'-Ho to all those who have chosen...The High Road!

Bryan

harpethriver
December 18, 2003, 04:46 PM
Oleg-More than Merry Christmas, Happy New Year and THR, thanks for your friendship. It was an honor to meet you and an unexpected privelege to now count you among my friends!

Balog
December 18, 2003, 04:48 PM
Merry Christmas. Many thanks to our servicemen. Many thanks to Oleg, Derek, and all the mods. Thanks for giving of your time (not to mention absorbing all the flak). Stay safe everyone.

fiVe
December 18, 2003, 05:00 PM
Merry CHRISTmas to all, and thanks to THR. I'm glad you're here for us.

Holiday regards, fiVe

BamBam-31
December 18, 2003, 05:08 PM
Merry X-mas & Happy New Year to all!

Happy Birthday to THR!! (and Jesus, too!)

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Dennie Suman
December 18, 2003, 06:56 PM
Altho I have been a lurker most of the time, reading the great advice and entertaining comments, I still feel like one of the family.
Many thanx to Oleg and all the moderators! I read the sight nearly every day, and feel cheated on the days I miss.
Merry Christmas from my house to all my friends at THR!

DMK
December 18, 2003, 09:13 PM
Oleg, last year you(and your helpers) gave us all one of the best Christmas presents I ever got. Once again, Thank You!

Happy Holidays to All!

Stickjockey
December 18, 2003, 09:21 PM
Happy Holidays to all!

45R
December 18, 2003, 09:38 PM
Wishing a Safe and Happy Holidays to all our of THR members and extend family!!!

19112XS
December 18, 2003, 09:56 PM
Thanks Oleg.

Happy Holidays to all.

Safety First
December 18, 2003, 10:10 PM
Happy Holidays to you Oleg and all the staff at THR, Thanks for giving us a great place to come and talk about GUN STUFF..and Happy Holidays to the rest of you guys and gals.:)

Brian Maffei
December 18, 2003, 11:05 PM
Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, and thank you Oleg and staff for running such a great site.

grampster
December 18, 2003, 11:57 PM
Grampster pads into the kitchen, opens the cupboard and selects a proper glass and sets it on the counter. Moving stealthily to the refrigerator, he carefully removes the jug of home made eggnog. Returning to the countertop and glass the nog is gently placed next to the glass. Reaching back into the depth of the cupboard, Grampster reverently removes the bottle of Glenlivit, pull the cork and pours a liberal dollop into the proper glass.

Carefully removing the top from the jar of eggnog, he pours the tasty substance gently over the Glenlivit. The substance swirls and blends together, filling the glass to the brim. The fine Scottish nectar as well as the homemade nog are placed back into their proper places.

Grampster pads back into his office overlooking the snowswept plain of the frozen lake and sits back down in front of the screen that is a window to the world. He silently gives thanks for all those who sacrifice for the well being of others and thinks about all the folks that inhabit this place called THR; folks that he has never met, but have become familiar names and places over the last year of turmoil in this world that we inhabit. He slowly raises his glass to all of them and you and yours and wishes everyone Godspeed as we move into the new year and he takes a long and grateful sip of the nectar given by the Lord of us all.

grampster

P95Carry
December 19, 2003, 12:17 AM
Grampster ... I like that Sir ... very apt and enjoyable. :)

http://www.bedford.net/design/images/smilies/salute.gif

38Mike
December 19, 2003, 03:00 AM
Merry Christmas to all!!!!!!

dustind
December 19, 2003, 04:02 AM
Wow, I can not believe it has already been a year. Merry Christmas everyone.

Skunkabilly
December 19, 2003, 04:37 AM
Ahhhhhh blue helmeted reindeer! Load and make ready!!!! :eek:

Tis the season to be jorry
fa ra ra ra ra ra ra ra ra!! :D

Browns Fan
December 19, 2003, 07:54 AM
Thanks to Oleg, this forum has meant alot to us (I think I can say that for just about everyone who is a member)! Merry Christmas to you and yours. I raise my glass with Grampster (virtually speaking, of course) to all those who are responsible for THR and make it the first rate forum that it is. God bless you all.

MikeJ
December 19, 2003, 08:19 AM
H A P P Y H O L I D A Y S to all of the wonderful people that maintain this site and the contributors that support it. Best wishes, Mike

R-Tex12
December 19, 2003, 11:21 AM
Merry Christmas to all! Here's hoping 2004 proves to be the best year ever for all of us.

R-Tex

AZTOY
December 19, 2003, 11:26 AM
HAPPY HOLDIDAYS

FPrice
December 19, 2003, 11:27 AM
In the spirit of remembering the year past I'd like to thank everyone here for a great first year on The High Road, cussing (just kidding!) and discussing one of our favorite subjects.

May this Christmas find you and your loved ones safe and happy.

And please, whatever you do, take a moment to remember our military members who during this Christmas season are serving their country in far-off lands, often under hostile conditions. Let's take a moment to pray for their safe return to their families.

Merry Christmas to one and all!

ysr_racer
December 19, 2003, 11:49 AM
Do you know any Jews? If you do, today would be a good day to wish them a HAPPY HANUKKAH. It’s starts tonight (Friday) at sundown.

HAPPY HANUKKAH

Remember Judah Maccabee !!!

http://www.cox-internet.com/nmdoucet/dreidel.gif

Nightfall
December 19, 2003, 11:54 AM
Happy holiday season to you too, Mr. Volk! :) To all the rest of THR, I hope you have the best holidays ever, and get tons of gun related gifts! :D

http://www.thehighroad.org/attachment.php?s=&postid=634330

Penman
December 19, 2003, 03:41 PM
Thank you to all who work to provide this special place for gathering and sharing.

Mele kalikimaka to everyone!

Fly320s
December 19, 2003, 05:12 PM
And a happy Festivus for the rest of us!!

:D

XLMiguel
December 19, 2003, 11:12 PM
Ya, mon! Happy/Merry/Joyous RamaHanuKwanzMas Solistice (I'm still working on how to fold in the Buddists, Hindus Zorastrians, and Rosisecurians) to all!

Seriously, tidings of comfort and joy to all y'all, especially to our armed forces. Blessed are the Peace keepers( and Peace Makers), may they inherit a much better Earth . . . .:cool:

tomkatz
December 20, 2003, 04:34 AM
Thanks Oleg and everyone for bringing us this forum!!!!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS !!!

http://www.tracysmovinmoggies.com/XMASLRanluorStardustsnowflake.gif

Round Gun Shooter
December 20, 2003, 08:46 AM
As a lurking refugee, banned from another forum, I have come to respect the members of THR. Allow me to extend my best wishes for a Happy and Healthy new year.

Best regards,

Gary

Dave Markowitz
December 20, 2003, 01:14 PM
HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!!!

And especially for Skunk:

TACTICAL HOLIDAYS!!!!

:D

hansolo
December 20, 2003, 01:26 PM
To Oleg and everyone here @ THR, best wishes for a great Holiday of your choice.

P.S. If I paint my Hannukah bush black, would that make it tactical? :rolleyes:

Atticus
December 20, 2003, 01:42 PM
Happy Holidays folks. I hope you all get to spend some quality time with those most important to you. Of course.... a new gun would help too!

darogue1
December 20, 2003, 02:12 PM
Happy holidays everyone. I'd like to add this if I may:

TWAS THE NIGHT BEFORE CHRISTMAS,

HE LIVED ALL ALONE,

IN A ONE BEDROOM HOUSE MADE OF

PLASTER AND STONE.

I HAD COME DOWN THE CHIMNEY

WITH PRESENTS TO GIVE,

AND TO SEE JUST WHO

IN THIS HOME DID LIVE.

I LOOKED ALL ABOUT,

A STRANGE SIGHT I DID SEE,

NO TINSEL, NO PRESENTS,

NOT EVEN A TREE.

NO STOCKING BY MANTLE,

JUST BOOTS FILLED WITH SAND,

ON THE WALL HUNG PICTURES

OF FAR DISTANT LANDS.

WITH MEDALS AND BADGES,

AWARDS OF ALL KINDS,

A SOBER THOUGHT

CAME THROUGH MY MIND.

FOR THIS HOUSE WAS DIFFERENT,

IT WAS DARK AND DREARY,

I FOUND THE HOME OF A SOLDIER,

ONCE I COULD SEE CLEARLY.

THE SOLDIER LAY SLEEPING,

SILENT, ALONE,CURLED UP ON THE FLOOR

IN THIS ONE BEDROOM HOME.

THE FACE WAS SO GENTLE,

THE ROOM IN SUCH DISORDER,

NOT HOW I PICTURED

A UNITED STATES SOLDIER.

WAS THIS THE HERO

OF WHOM I'D JUST READ?

CURLED UP ON A PONCHO,

THE FLOOR FOR A BED?

I REALIZED THE FAMILIES

THAT I SAW THIS NIGHT,

OWED THEIR LIVES TO THESE SOLDIERS

WHO WERE WILLING TO FIGHT.

SOON ROUND THE WORLD,

THE CHILDREN WOULD PLAY,

AND GROWNUPS WOULD CELEBRATE

A BRIGHT CHRISTMAS DAY.

THEY ALL ENJOYED FREEDOM

EACH MONTH OF THE YEAR,

BECAUSE OF THE SOLDIERS,

LIKE THE ONE LYING HERE.

I COULDN'T HELP WONDER

HOW MANY LAY ALONE,

ON A COLD CHRISTMAS EVE

IN A LAND FAR FROM HOME.

THE VERY THOUGHT

BROUGHT A TEAR TO MY EYE,

I DROPPED TO MY KNEES

AND STARTED TO CRY.

THE SOLDIER AWAKENED

AND I HEARD A ROUGH VOICE,

"SANTA DON'T CRY,

THIS LIFE IS MY CHOICE;

I FIGHT FOR FREEDOM,

I DON'T ASK FOR MORE,

MY LIFE IS MY GOD,

MY COUNTRY, MY CORPS."

THE SOLDIER ROLLED OVER

AND DRIFTED TO SLEEP,

I COULDN'T CONTROL IT,

I CONTINUED TO WEEP.

I KEPT WATCH FOR HOURS,

SO SILENT AND STILL

AND WE BOTH SHIVERED

FROM THE COLD NIGHT'S CHILL.

I DIDN'T WANT TO LEAVE

ON THAT COLD, DARK, NIGHT,

THIS GUARDIAN OF HONOR

SO WILLING TO FIGHT.

THEN THE SOLDIER ROLLED OVER,

WITH A VOICE SOFT AND PURE,

WHISPERED, "CARRY ON SANTA,

IT'S CHRISTMAS DAY, ALL IS SECURE."

ONE LOOK AT MY WATCH,

AND I KNEW HE WAS RIGHT.

"MERRY CHRISTMAS MY FRIEND,

AND TO ALL A GOOD NIGHT."
------------------------------------
Remember our toop this year as the holiday are almost upon us!!

DAROGUE1

Ky Larry
December 20, 2003, 03:20 PM
I have a very dear friend who is married to a good man .They have a 3 year old son. This past Feburary, she gave birth to twins. In May, she was diagnoned with colon cancer. (She's only 31.) After a year of surgery and chemotherapy, she is cancer free. I can't imagine a better Christmas gift than a chance for her to raise her children and grow old with her husband.Watching her fight for her life this year has put a whole new perspective on this holiday season.
I wish good health and happiness to al THR members and their families and loved ones.

PATH
December 21, 2003, 02:09 AM
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all! May the coming year bring you naught but joy. All the best to everyone at THR!

El Tejon
December 21, 2003, 12:28 PM
Happy Holidaze to all of THRland.:) I have a fourth nephew, strong and healthy, born December 10th. #4 for Uncle Kirk to teach to shoot and fight. That's all this yuppie scum needs for Christmas.

Happy THR Anniversary to Mr. Wolf. Thanks for all you do for us here.

ysr_racer
December 21, 2003, 12:32 PM
Eight Crazy Nights, Night 2

http://pic2.picturetrail.com/VOL36/883856/2773051/40709833.jpg

Dannyboy
December 21, 2003, 04:49 PM
Happy Christmas and Merry New Year!

And a hearty congratulations to my former brothers in the Ironhorse Division (4ID). Be safe and stay well.

JShirley
December 21, 2003, 05:05 PM
As the year draws to an end, I wish everyone the best of holidays, surrounded by those you love, and filled with joy and hope.

May the new year find you closer daily to peace and wholeness.

Love,

John

Black Snowman
December 21, 2003, 05:16 PM
Happy Holidays and pleasent days. May you be safe and happy one and all regardless of your belief system :D

Bowlcut
December 21, 2003, 06:58 PM
TN Mafia with a happy holidays.....to everyone even TN mafia members close and far

Feanaro
December 21, 2003, 07:17 PM
As the days close on December, I'd to wish yall a merry whut'eva 'n tha heyull yall celebrate. An' a murry new years.

ruger fan 101
December 21, 2003, 08:27 PM
From Virginia, Merry Christmas to all.

Valkman
December 21, 2003, 09:13 PM
Happy Holidays to everyone at THR from Vegas! :D

HogRider
December 22, 2003, 06:45 PM
MERRY CHRISTMAS !!!

Fred Thompson
December 23, 2003, 01:41 AM
From Florida's Gulf Coast, Merry Christmas, and have a safe holiday(S)...

And, thanks to the mods and Oleg, of course!:D

Stevie-Ray
December 23, 2003, 01:51 AM
Happy Holidays to all. Be safe.

Here's an entry I posted to a club I belong to. Some may enjoy it that like fast cars and trucks.

Twas the night before Christmas, and my need to go fast, was no diff'rent it seemed, than three Christmas Eves past.
For twas this very night, yea 3 years before, I'd run with St. Nicholas, with foot to the floor.
My L2 was fast, quite up to the test.
His L1 was faster, he'd beaten my best.
The next year was diff'rent, as we met second round.
His truck was improved, you could tell by the sound.
But I was prepared, my truck had no fear.
My mods were the answer, he'd stayed in my mirror.
We met yet again, last year, for round 3.
I knew in the end, that again, twould be me.
Alas, not a win, but he didn't get by.
A great race it was, but it ended a tie.
Now here again I sit and await the old elf, and I laugh in anticipation, in spite of myself.
His L1, it seemed, was due for a win. But he'd have to get by me, I'd NOT just give in!
When what to my wondering eyes did appear? But a bright red Dodge Ram, why the hell is that here? Pretty truck to be sure, as it approached me, but then, not an ordinary Ram, but an SRT-10!
With a little old driver, his red suit and white beard. As his window came down, I said "This is too weird!" "Where's your Lightning?" I asked, when sure he could hear. "In the shop being prepped to waste you next year. In the meantime," he grinned, "this will hafta suffice. Don't know how she runs, but she sure feels nice."
"Sure you wanna do this?" I asked, breaking my stare. "I was prepared for your L1, this doesn't seem fair."
"Don't concern yourself sonny" as he revved his V-10, "You took me one time, it's not happening again. When I dust you with this, my bright new red sleigh, you can think of how next year will be child's play."
"Amazing" I thought, how this old fart gets my goat. "We'll see in the end, if it's he that can gloat."
For twas summer this year, in my mods I did well.
And under my hood, lay a new Kenne Bell.
The truck wore new rubber, new brakes and new tune. She looked and sounded lovely as we faced the full moon.
The colors of Christmas, the traffic light boasted. At green we both launched and our rear tires roasted. The cold was affecting the pavement beneath, and the smoke, it encircled our trucks like a wreath. Upset with ourselves, we fought for control. My new tires grabbed first, my L on a roll. Just a passenger now, with my foot to the floor, I could still hear his shifting, though his truck had no more. I put some more length between us for luck, til I knew that he'd shut down that shiny new truck. "Not bad," he exclaimed, "Your Lightning fared well. But will it hold up next Christmas? I guess time will tell."
"I'll be ready," I said, "a year from tonight. And I'm sure from your past, I'll be in for a fight. Merry Christmas, my friend," my voice cheery and bright.
"Merry Christmas," replied Santa, "And to you and yours, a good night."

fallingblock
December 23, 2003, 04:49 AM
And especially to Oleg, who hosts this grand gathering place.:D

WhoKnowsWho
December 23, 2003, 05:59 AM
Merry Week everyone! It really is a week of Christmas. Last minute shopping and then recovery time!

PAshooter
December 23, 2003, 10:21 AM
Merry Christmas to all my THR friends. If you celebrate a different holiday this time of year I wish you all the appropriate and best wishes associated with that as well :)

Here's wishing everyone a happy, healthy, safe, and prosperous New Year. Remember the Four Rules. Eat your vegetables. Don't forget to floss.

Thanks for the great site, Oleg. It's an honor to be associated with such a fine group of folks. Peace out.

Ron L
December 23, 2003, 10:41 AM
I know this is a repeat, but so is "It's a Wonderful Life" yet the sentiment never goes away.

My 12 Days of Christmas

On the 12th day of Christmas, my true love gave to me,
12 - Sabot Slugs
11 - Cans of Blue Dot
10 - Power Scope
9 - Millimeters
8 - Broadhead Arrows
7 - Pounds of C-4
6 - Hollowpoints
5 - PRE-BAN MAGS!!!
4 - Bandoleers
3 - Fifty-seven
2 - Throwing Knives
http://www.michigan-sportsman.com/photopost/data/3005/769cart_in_bare_tree-d.jpg
AND A CARTRIDGE IN A BARE TREE !

Prodigalshooter
December 23, 2003, 11:30 AM
Happy holidays to all here and thanks to the THR crew for keeping this place going.:cool:

utahminirevolver
December 23, 2003, 01:02 PM
Yes, Merry Christmas all...
and a Happy New Year, especially to the good folks in the US military.

simon
December 23, 2003, 01:30 PM
Thanks Oleg!:D
And HAPPY HOLIDAYS TOO ALL HERE!!!

fiVe
December 23, 2003, 04:08 PM
That is definitely one of the best versions of "12 Days" I've ever seen. :D

Awww shucks, now I'm a senior member!

jrhines
December 25, 2003, 12:31 AM
Tamara - Have you noticed that the days are getting longer? Now that is cause for a celibration, and has been for a long, long time! Best to all you THRers out there.

tatters
December 25, 2003, 12:58 AM
From my home to all of your homes.....

Happy Holidays!!!!

Combat-wombat
December 25, 2003, 02:14 AM
Happy Holidays to everyone at The High Road!

N8R
December 25, 2003, 02:21 AM
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone from Southern Lower Michigan.

Johnny Guest
December 25, 2003, 03:08 AM
Sincere best wishes for a
Very MERRY CHRISTMAS and Happy New Year to all persons of good will. A most Joyful holiday season to those who observe other significant dates, as well.

Johnny

TechBrute
December 25, 2003, 10:37 AM
It's a Festivus Miracle!
Crud... someone beat me to it...

Anyway, I can be the first to wish everyone a Tactical Festivus!

starfuryzeta
December 25, 2003, 11:19 AM
Merry Christmas!

So, what'd everyone get (gun related)?

I bought myself some M249 and T48 furniture for my FN-FAL.

HBK
December 25, 2003, 12:04 PM
Merry Christmas everyone. :D

gundam007
December 25, 2003, 01:56 PM
I did... After opening my presents, my parents said there was another in a long box in the corner. In it was a Crosman 664 air rifle :)

P.s. im happy about it because im 13

Nick1911
December 25, 2003, 02:20 PM
Merry Christmas All!

HBK
December 25, 2003, 02:41 PM
You'll shoot your eye out kid! :uhoh:

Just kidding. Ever seen "A Christmas Story"? Congratulations on the new air rifle! Enjoy it! :D

echo3mike
December 25, 2003, 04:08 PM
Hope everyone is home enjoying their family and friends. God bless those of us overseas, in harm's way. Thanks.

S.

Lennyjoe
December 25, 2003, 06:08 PM
Happy Holidays to all.

D.W. Drang
December 26, 2003, 02:38 AM
And a Hapy Solsitce and a Cool Yule to all!

Dave Workman of The New Gun Week said we could post this if we gave him credit...
(Dave sez this is "The Original Version.")
http://www.gunweek.com/
Publication of The Second Amendment Foundation http://www.saf.org/ which also publishes Women and Guns http://www.womenandguns.com/

'Twas the night before Christmas, cold, dark and foreboding,
As I sat at the workbench, quite busy reloading,
The empties from autumn were polished so clear,
For primers and powder, and bullets from Speer.

And Sierra boat-tails, and Nosler´s Partitions
(My bench ain´t no place for brand name omissions!)
All sat in their boxes, right next to the press,
With dies from Pacific, and RCBS.

When all of a sudden there came such a jolt,
I grabbed for my Mossberg, and whipped out my Colt.
As I spilled Hodgdon's powder all over the shelf,
I scrambled for cover, just to protect myself.

From up on the rooftop, came hoofbeats and snorting,
Like the noise out of L'l Rock, from Clinton's cavorting!
I eased off the safety, to press-check my auto
With 230-hardball, I´d knock ´em all blotto.

Were these rogue federal agents, sent by Schumer and Reno?
Or a staggering Ted Kennedy, in bad need of Beano?
My question was answered with a knock, and some sneezing,
"It's Santa, you moron, lemme in there, I'm freezing!"

I flipped off the dead-bolt and threw the door wide,
To find St. Nick a'shivering, Rudolph by his side
He eyeballed my Springfield, with a nod of approval
"You're all set," he said, "for dirtball removal."

"But this is no raid, we're not here to harm you
Or persecute, prosecute, or even disarm you."
Instead, said dear Santa, he needed to borrow
My .357, 'till day after tomorrow.

"Its okay," he assured me, with a hint of frustration.
"I'm enrolled in the National Rifle Association."
He showed me his card, 'twas a Life Member rating
"I've had this since me and the missus were dating!"

"And you see, Dave ol' buddy, I've gotten real nervous
Since Feinstein was elected, with a promise to serve us."
So henceforth as I´m out there, my presents a'stackin'
"I want to assure you, I´m legally packin'."

"And my gift for you this year, should give you a hoot
"I´ve told the Supreme Court to give Brady the boot!
"Now, Rudy and I must be on our way."
He said, as he climbed back on the seat of his sleigh.

With the reins in his hand, and my Smith in his pocket
He jingled the sleigh bells and was off like a rocket.
With a pair of speed loaders, and ammo to spare
I knew he´d be safe, he was loaded for bear.

As he faded from view, I could still hear him calling,
"From DC, where 'PC' is already falling,
"To bad guys in LA, Detroit and Atlanta:
"I´m licensed to carry. Don´t be messin' with Santa!"

========================
And then... Two Days Later...
========================

'Twas the day after Christmas when Santa returned
He was looking quite happy, all trim and sunburned
His sleigh had been emptied, and I'll bet you're all guessin'
If he did the same thing to his borrowed Smith & Wesson

Well the fact of the matter is in need of reporting
Like the press ought to do about Clinton's cavorting.
Seems Santa encountered some trouble 'long the way,
'Cause some not-too-bright dirtbags tried to hijack his sleigh

When he left Christmas Eve, he was ready for action
And he made real good time, thanks to reindeer hoof traction.
He had rag dolls, and capguns, baseballs and bats,
New dresses, toy airplanes, and a few dogs and cats.

Seems these wannabe grinches thought they were hot shooters
So's a bunch of 'em tried to be Christmas gift looters
But the one thing they hadn't expected to meet,
Was a licensed St. Nick, packin' full magnum heat.

The night was still young, when these dipwits appeared
Their caps all turned backwards; at least one had a beard.
They were trying to look vicious, as they stood in his path,
He could tell in an instant that they needed a bath.

One fool made a grab for Comet and Cupid,
But froze when St. Nick had yelled, "Hold it there, stupid!"
When he leveled my sixgun at this crazy-eyed fellow,
The snow at his feet turned a pale shade of yellow.

"It was over real quick," Santa said with a chuckle.
As he hauled out my Smith from behind his belt buckle.
"Never fired a shot, never pulled back the hammer.
Got the cops on my cell phone, and sent 'em all to the slammer."

After that much excitement, 'twas a rest Santa needed.
So with his gift-giving, he quickly proceeded.
And when he was finished, Santa issued this order:
"Rudolph, old pal, takes us south of the border!"

So now he was rested, and this stop was his last one.
And he made it real clear that it must be a fast one.
With my piece back in lockup, he said "Thanks for the loan.
Next year, rest assured, I'll be packin' my own."

And just what, did I wonder, might then Santa unlimber?
A Colt, Sig or Taurus, a Glock or a Kimber?
Perhaps Heckler & Koch, a Kahr or a Ruger?
A wheelgun from Rossi, a Walther or Luger?

"I'm not sure," replied Santa, as he scoped out the weather.
"But I'll contact your buddy, Mitch Rosen, for leather.
And now I must leave you, until late next December.
But Dave, I assure you, I will always remember.

"You did me a favor, and that's one I owe you.
So when I get my own gatt, I'll be certain to show you.
In the meantime, ol' buddy, I'll scream it, I'll shout it.
If you're licensed to carry, don't you leave home without it!"

igor
December 26, 2003, 06:17 AM
Speechless... :D :D :D

I'm packing my stuff and heading for the inlaws' place for a long weekend of mustard-sprinkled ham, homemade cheese and shooting.

The best of the rest of the yuletide for all. May your next year be better than this one. Stay safe, be nice. :)

killermarmot
December 26, 2003, 06:22 AM
Good Christmas now to burn off all that weight on new years right???? naaaaaa but plenty of good safe shooting to alll.:D

New_comer
December 26, 2003, 11:39 AM
Better late than never...

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!! :D:D:D

M99M12
December 26, 2003, 07:35 PM
And a day late
Merry Christmas

LynnMassGuy
December 27, 2003, 12:43 PM
Merry belated Christmas and Happy New Years to all. (And whatever other holidays you may celebrate.)

If you enjoyed reading about "Happy Gun-Related Holidays" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!