Eureka! (I found my G19 load, thank you THR)


PDA






GLOOB
December 6, 2010, 02:05 AM
I've been reloading for a month, now, and today I found an accurate load for my Glock 19! Woohoo!

I had good success with a magful of a new load last week, so I got busy with my bullet puller, dismantling my previous "successes." I was pretty happy when my first batch simply cycled and shot and made too many! So using pulled components, I made up 100 more of these:

124 gr plated HP
4.5 gr W231
OAL ~1.092"

At 30 feet, I was making tight clusters with 3-4 out of a 5 shot group, with the fliers not more than a few inches away.

I also made up 50 of these:

124 gr plated FP
4.7 gr W231
OAL ~1.137"

These shot as well or maybe better. I put the target back to 45 feet for a couple groups. The first one had 4 shots touching and then 1 shot 3-4 inches to the right. The second one was also about a 4 inch group, with 3 shots that could fit under a half dollar, and 2 shots to the right. There seemed to be a little bit of horizontal stringing that was responsible for the vast majority of the group sizes. Since I did all shooting unsupported, I'd like to think I can chalk most of that up to grip and trigger control.

Many members posted a pet load using 4.3-4.7 grains of W231 under a 124 grain bullet, so I wouldn't know who specifically to thank for the starting point. I guess I'm just the latest one of many to try and like this load! :)

If you enjoyed reading about "Eureka! (I found my G19 load, thank you THR)" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
If you enjoyed reading about "Eureka! (I found my G19 load, thank you THR)" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!