Paul 'Fitz' Jones and Star Reloaders

PDA

saltydog452
December 6, 2010, 11:10 AM
Mr Jones was in declining health two years ago. I bought a 200 grain Saeco mould shortly before his last few published posts.

Is anyone out there still knowledgable about the machines?...availability of different/adjustable powder charge bars?

Its too good a piece of equipment to just kick to the curb.

Thanks,

salty

If you enjoyed reading about "Paul 'Fitz' Jones and Star Reloaders" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Black_Talon
December 6, 2010, 05:19 PM
Maybe someone over at the Star Reloaders Forum can help:

http://www.starreloaders.com/forum/index.php

saltydog452
December 7, 2010, 06:13 PM
Got it, thanks.

salty

saltydog452
December 8, 2010, 03:06 PM
They were a large help. The Star folks are part of the 'Simple Machines Forum'. The only thing 'simple' is me.

Kinda slick.

I thank you.

salty

saltydog452
December 16, 2010, 10:57 AM
Although the Star is now out of print, like the 'mid 60s' GTO, it has a dedicated following.

One gent machines powder slides that have a std 'hole'. That 'hole' allows various inserts/sleeves to accomadate different powder types and amts. I think the sleeves are std for the Hornaty or Pacific powder measure and easily obtained.

Another Star deciple machines adjustable powder slides.

Other goodies are available.

Thanks again.

salty

chrisgo
December 16, 2010, 04:23 PM
I had 2 of them, bought em cheap sold em higher. I used them for a little while but my Dillons are definitely more modern. However they are built like a precision watch and last forever. I also had 2 of the bullet swagers and a bunch of dies with them. I bought both of them and about 15 different dies for $75.00, cleaned them up and resold all of them for $600.00.
I stll have a few Magma bullet molds I am going to hold on to though.

RustyFN
December 16, 2010, 06:40 PM
I had 2 of them, bought em cheap sold em higher. I used them for a little while but my Dillons are definitely more modern. However they are built like a precision watch and last forever.

Wow I didn't know Dillon made a lube/sizer.

If you enjoyed reading about "Paul 'Fitz' Jones and Star Reloaders" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!