Got a 4 screw S&W Model 14

PDA

Checkman
December 6, 2010, 03:12 PM
Picked up a 4 screw Model 14 today with a six inch barrel. Serial number K261XXX. Paid $320 for it. A little wear on the finish, but the mechanics are good. No endshake etc. Bore is clean and muzzle is good. Screws aren't buggered. Looks like it might have been left in a holster a little too long. I will put diamond magnas on it tonite.

All in all for $320 I'm very pleased. I've been looking for a Model 14 for a few years now.

I'll try to take better pictures later.

If you enjoyed reading about "Got a 4 screw S&W Model 14" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Black_Talon
December 6, 2010, 05:43 PM
Nice find! They don't make them much more accurate than that, and they're so fun to shoot!

Checkman
December 6, 2010, 06:08 PM
I got lucky. Found it at a local pawn shop. A shop that seems to always have a couple Colts or S&W revolvers for sale whenever I walk in.

ArchAngelCD
December 6, 2010, 07:02 PM
IMO the M14 is one of the nicest revolvers ever made and they are accurate too. That's a nice revolver you have there, enjoy!!!

Checkman
December 7, 2010, 11:46 AM
Okay I made a mistake it's actually a Pre-Model 14 K38 Target Masterpiece. The serial number gives it a date of birth of 1955. S&W did not start numbering the different models until 1957. S&W went to the 4 Screw configuration in 1955. I was thinking that the 5th screw went away in 1957. Oops. Anyway I cleaned it up and gave the inside a little lubrication. Very slick now.

788Ham
December 8, 2010, 01:13 AM
You found a heck of a deal, good job. The older Smith's are the best anyway, I'm keeping my eye out for one of these also. Good Luck!

If you enjoyed reading about "Got a 4 screw S&W Model 14" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!