Sealant

PDA

Steve Marshall
December 6, 2010, 08:15 PM
All right. I hate to admit I don't know everything.
A while back I got a good deal on about 3,000 LC 30-06 pulls. I now own a 30-06 and would like to use this brass. But there is a sealant in the mouth of the case. It's pretty tough stuff and I'd like to remove it. Bearing in mind that I'm not the most industrious of guys, can anyone recommend a way to remove this fairly easily. Don't be afraid to go into detail. Thanks.

If you enjoyed reading about "Sealant" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
snuffy
December 6, 2010, 08:23 PM
Mineral spirits might dissolve it, lacquer thinner darn sure will, but it may have to soak for a while to break-er-up. It's basically an asphalt type of sealer.

1911Tuner
December 6, 2010, 09:06 PM
It won't hurt anything. Load it and shoot it and it'll be gone.

rcmodel
December 7, 2010, 01:00 PM
+1
Just fugadaboutit and load'M.

It will mostly be gone after you size it and pull the expander plug back out of the case neck.
Then you can clean it off the expander plug occasionally with your fingernail and wipe it on your pants!

If your wife asks about the tar balls on your pants that won't wash out?
Tell her you got splattered by an asphalt truck while walking the dog.

rc

If you enjoyed reading about "Sealant" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!