Is the NRA Bankrupt?

PDA

12-34hom
December 23, 2003, 03:27 PM
While listening to a radio talk show host Jan Michealson on Des Moines, Iowa - AM - radio station - WHO, he made the comment that the NRA was bankrupt.

This comment was made at the very end of this show and i did not get time to call in and confirm this comment that he made.

Does anyone here have a clue to whether this is true or not??

12-34hom.

If you enjoyed reading about "Is the NRA Bankrupt?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Mike Irwin
December 23, 2003, 03:47 PM
This is an active topic of discussion here. Look around.

NRA is far from bankrupt.

That's the anti-gunner's wet dream, but it's so far from the truth it's not even funny.

FPrice
December 23, 2003, 04:00 PM
"Does anyone here have a clue to whether this is true or not??"

I'll bet that Mike has a better take on this than 99% of the other people here.

But, look around. The NRA has suddenly become THE main target of the anti-gun forces. I wonder why? And I wonder where this rumor is coming from?

tn 1911
December 23, 2003, 04:13 PM
I've read figures like 100 million in the red, this on another forum.

Michael

JeffS
December 23, 2003, 06:05 PM
Very likely their are not. The $100mil represents future liabilities to life members and other long-term members. However, the NRA can suspend these liabilities with a vote by the board of directors. Far different than if they owed $100mil to banks... then I would say the fat lady is about to sign.

mercedesrules
December 23, 2003, 06:10 PM
Financially...or in some other way? :D

Bartholomew Roberts
December 23, 2003, 06:19 PM
Duplicate thread.

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=55588

If you enjoyed reading about "Is the NRA Bankrupt?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!