anyone use RCBS Primer Pocket Swager Combo

PDA

srkavanagh6621
December 6, 2010, 07:58 PM
I was wondering if anyone has used this with the basic lee press and if so how it works? Is it better than reaming them all out or what would you guys suggest for removing crimps on .223 brass

If you enjoyed reading about "anyone use RCBS Primer Pocket Swager Combo" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Gik-tal
December 6, 2010, 08:10 PM
It works OK I use it in a rock chucker press but if your strong enough the lee should work fine. I really want to buy a Dillion Super Swage however, the RCBS one can get your fingers from time to time.

flashhole
December 6, 2010, 08:20 PM
It works great but won't work at all on the Lee Classic presses, the ram is too fat for the case remover that fits over the ram.

EddieNFL
December 6, 2010, 08:41 PM
Gave one away after using a Super Swage.

srkavanagh6621
December 6, 2010, 09:05 PM
so the super swage is the way to go huh? well maybe Ill have to save up for it! or just not buy any brass that is crimped :)

BigJakeJ1s
December 6, 2010, 09:49 PM
RCBS offers a version designed for one of their other presses (don't recall the name, but it had/has a larger diameter ram) that will fit the Lee Classic Cast/Turret press.

The original version will work but you have to use something besides the stripper cup to force the swaged brass up off the swaging pin.

Andy

jhansman
December 6, 2010, 09:54 PM
If you have any volume of brass to process (500-1000+ pieces), invest in the Dillon Super Swage. I borrowed a friend's to swage a bunch of LC .223 brass I was given, and after doing a couple dozen, I ordered my own. Great device.

higgite
December 6, 2010, 10:44 PM
RCBS offers a version designed for one of their other presses (don't recall the name, but it had/has a larger diameter ram) that will fit the Lee Classic Cast/Turret press.

Would that be the "Ammomaster" version that will fit the Lee Classic presses?

Glock20
December 7, 2010, 11:11 AM
I used the RCBS swager for .223 and it works well and is inexpensive. Not super fast, but does the job. Then tried a Dillon Super Swage and sold the RCBS.
I suppose it depends on how much time you want to spend prepping brass and how much money you want to invest in a tool.

rcmodel
December 7, 2010, 11:53 AM
Mine works fine in a Rock-Chucker.
I did 1,000 cases last year in a fairly short couple hours work.

I do use spray case lube in the primer pockets.

Swaging crimps out is the same thing as sizing cases.
You are forcing brass to go where it doesn't want to be.

Doing it without lube is hard work.
Hard to swage, and harder to get the case off the punch.
A little spritz of Case Lube makes the job fast & easy.

rc

mallc
December 7, 2010, 06:50 PM
I did about 50 rounds and bought a Super Swage. You don't need the repeat the experience.

Scott

BigJakeJ1s
December 7, 2010, 10:08 PM
Yes, I believe it was the Ammomaster.

Andy

If you enjoyed reading about "anyone use RCBS Primer Pocket Swager Combo" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!