Glock Disassembly: Bad Ju Ju?

PDA

ShaiVong
December 23, 2003, 07:04 PM
I've had my Glock for over a year now, and I've never taken anything out of the frame or slide. I must have close to 1000 rounds through it, maybe closer to 800, but its up there. I keep it clean and properly lubed as it is my carry gun, but i've never done anything besides field stripping it; the "Must be taken apart by Glock Armorer!" warning has kept me wary of going further.

As for mechanical aptitude; I'm not a smith by any wild streach of the imagination. Ive assembled an AR-15 lower receiver in a couple of hours (including having to drive to work for the proper hex keys), and I'm comfortable completey taking apart my Enfield, Model 94, and 10/22 to their smallest components.

What do you say? I'm kind of wondering if that firing pin channel has crap in it from trips to the sand pit. Or should I just leave well enough alone. :confused:

If you enjoyed reading about "Glock Disassembly: Bad Ju Ju?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
cornbread2
December 23, 2003, 07:15 PM
Detail striping a Glock is so simple a trained monkey can do it blindfolded.

For simple directions go to Glockmeister.com

You will find a lot of crap in your firing pin channel and all around your extractor.

ShaiVong
December 23, 2003, 07:33 PM
Awesome! I know I trained that monkey for SOMETHING!

mercedesrules
December 23, 2003, 07:35 PM
I finally did it a few weeks ago after seeing a maestro at a gun show do it. I think you can do it, too. I didn't really go "all the way" but a lot further than previous.

MR

Duke of Lawnchair
December 23, 2003, 08:49 PM
You can doooooooo iiiiiit!!!!!!!!!!

In all seriousness, Glock disassembly is very simple.

If you'd like, I can PM you instructions on how to do it.

Jim

Navy joe
December 23, 2003, 09:56 PM
The only reason I'd want to be an armorer is to get the cheap parts fron Glock. I detail stripped mine the day I bought it, probably because I never opened the lawyer manual, I refuse to own a gun I cannnot fix.
Second the go to Glockmeister option.

As for the striker channel I like to clean it with Q-tips and Butch's bore Shine, Hoppes or the like and then dry.

As for "properly cleaned and lubed" Glocks run very nice with more lube than the mythical four drops that hardcore Gastonites praise. Run some grease on your connector to trigger bar area. Heck I run grease on the rails, a thin coat on all contact surfaces of the barrel, etc. I would not change for play or carry unless I was going to be in a dusty environ. Next up is my impending switch to Slide-Glide.

To borrow a line from GT's crumudgeon WalterGA; "A Glock is so simple to strip that given unlimited time a democrat could be trained to do it" HarDeHarHar. ;)

vertigo7
December 23, 2003, 10:09 PM
Look in the video section about halfway down the page. The video is in DivX format, and the download link is a little on the slow side.

video of Glock detail disassembly (http://www.petenelson.com/play.asp)

El Tejon
December 23, 2003, 10:12 PM
It is so easy even El Tejon can do it!

Tropical Z
December 23, 2003, 11:29 PM
Ive never done this to my 21-i better figure out how and do it.Its likely to fail at any second!

ShaiVong
December 23, 2003, 11:59 PM
Wow that was devilishly simple!

Lower receiver, your next!

If you enjoyed reading about "Glock Disassembly: Bad Ju Ju?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!